What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

Its not that bad, it may encourage players to mash after f23~breath and you can whiff punish them. Also, this pretty much fucks over my Batman OS vs continuous loops. We'll have to wait to Monday/Tuesday to see what really goes down.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Yeah we are still safe ultimately. I was thinking the same thing about punishing buttons. Breath still leaves us at a good distance away so if they hit anything we can get em' with F23.

Also, CDjr is getting bodied by REO at ECT. Crazy set so far. BTW we should move this talk to the general discussion. Best not to fill up this thread with random dialogue.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Yeah I don't think this nerf is bad at all. The people worth fighting already had ways of countering breath loops. This doesn't really change the mind games around it. Ive basically already been playing like breath was -1 to begin with.
Yep, same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Raynex

Breath being -1 isn't a problem.

Black Adam is a problem. All this talk about nerfs / buffs yet BA remains untouched. Personally I think this is one of Superman's few bad MUs. Just as safe as Supes and all around a very strong character.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Breath being -1 isn't a problem.

Black Adam is a problem. All this talk about nerfs / buffs yet BA remains untouched. Personally I think this is one of Superman's few bad MUs. Just as safe as Supes and all around a very strong character.
Is BA that bad,though?No good lows and his divekick is alledgedly punishable.His a monster in everyother aspect.

Raynex

Is BA that bad,though?No good lows and his divekick is alledgedly punishable.His a monster in everyother aspect.
Who does that sound like? No good lows? Replace allegedly punishable divekick with scoop? Monster in every other aspect?

cough man of steel cough

Maybe tough is a better description than bad. Whatever the case I think he's a pain to deal with, in many of the same ways Superman is.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
F23 is like -3 on block. The fastest move in game is Killer frost's parry which is 1 frame? The second fastest being Supermans super; while all the lows are about 6 frames.
So, unless you're pushing buttons afterwards you can't get punished on block.

booivi

Good Game :)
What are some good pokes or mixups with Superman, anyone? Also, is instant air laser beam any good?

Drecker

GET CITY.
Fortress of Solitude, starting with Jet (Left side).

~61% at one meter.

Jet, Trait, j3, f2 xx Interact (Doomsday) MB Freeze, b3 j3 f2 xx Scoop 3 xx Flying Punch.

Puts you in prime position to grab the Iceball if it's still there.

57% 1 Meter put the opponent in the corner combo.

Jet, Trait xx Dash cancel, j2, f2,3 xx MB Breath, Heat Zap 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Super Breath.

DeathAndHealing

Figured out some dirty shit with the Asylum stages.

So Superman gets a throw on the left side of the stage's interactible, right? All well and good....

I figured out that this throw GUARANTEES a setup of your choice if you use a move that hits the ground, and it cannot be beat out by any Wake Up attack, period (i.e. F2 doesn't work). You have too much advantage and can pseudo-otg. It must be a move that touches the ground, like Scoop or B1. It will hit them on the ground as if they were standing. They MUST block whatever ground-touching move you're planning to do within 25ish frames. Primarily what I'm thinking is a guaranteed B1 or IAGS setup.

Whats even better is that I also discovered you can true combo into the throw from the RIGHT side. After any Heat Zap, do F2D13 and it should cross them up (or just dash past them after a scoop). Then just mash the interact button. The interactible is also good for 2 uses! You can reset them and combo them BACK into it again.

Raynex
SatsuiYesHadou
DeathAndHealing

MrAvA

Smashing.

So Superman gets a throw on the left side of the stage's interactible, right? All well and good....

I figured out that this throw GUARANTEES a setup of your choice if you use a move that hits the ground, and it cannot be beat out by any Wake Up attack, period (i.e. F2 doesn't work). You have too much advantage and can pseudo-otg. It must be a move that touches the ground, like Scoop or B1. It will hit them on the ground as if they were standing. They MUST block whatever ground-touching move you're planning to do within 25ish frames. Primarily what I'm thinking is a guaranteed B1 or IAGS setup.

Whats even better is that I also discovered you can true combo into the throw from the RIGHT side. After any Heat Zap, do F2D13 and it should cross them up (or just dash past them after a scoop). Then just mash the interact button. The interactible is also good for 2 uses! You can reset them and combo them BACK into it again.

Raynex
SatsuiYesHadou
DeathAndHealing
Thats what I was saying in my old thread. You can cross them over in the corner and use the interactables . You can also do that in the watchtower in the right side with the computers. I'm still making a draft with all the corner interactables that show case some great mix ups and some stupid ones that serves no purpose at whatsoever.

Raynex

Raynex
SatsuiYesHadou
DeathAndHealing
lol words cannot express how awesome this tech is. It makes no sense and looks hilarious and I love it.

Fortress of Solitude, starting with Jet (Left side).

~61% at one meter.

Jet, Trait, j3, f2 xx Interact (Doomsday) MB Freeze, b3 j3 f2 xx Scoop 3 xx Flying Punch.

Puts you in prime position to grab the Iceball if it's still there.

57% 1 Meter put the opponent in the corner combo.

Jet, Trait xx Dash cancel, j2, f2,3 xx MB Breath, Heat Zap 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Super Breath.

DeathAndHealing
Pretty sure you can get the same (or close to the same) damage meterless off the jet. [MB] breath isn't worth it, better to save that bar to [MB] the interactable itself so you can't be stopped. There is also no point to ending the combo in flying punch (corner carry) because you should be going for max damage if you get the jet to hit in the first place.

Jet, Trait, j3, f2 xx Interact (Doomsday), b3, j3 f2 xx Scoop, 3 xx rising grab~heat vision

Not sure how much this does in the patched version, but before it did almost the same.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM

Raynex
SatsuiYesHadou
DeathAndHealing
Vid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD