What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

Seapeople

This one's for you
Sorry if this has already been found, I'm brand new to Superman.

Meterless f23 corner combo without trait:
f23, 3~heat zap, f2d1, f2d1, 3~scoop, 3~breath = 45% pretty easy. The meterless trait combos after f23 don't seem to add much damage.

Also 1 bar no trait:
f23, 3~heat zap, 3~mb breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3~scoop, 3~breath = 57%

Hey guys, I'm having trouble doing IAD's(instant air dashes), is there a special input or is it just fast as possible? I've tried the arksys uf, f but doesn't seem to work for me. Plz help.

Regardless if a mixup can be fuzzy guarded it is still a mixup, just not an amazing one. Watch the recent tournaments and you can see people catching their opponents with 223/22~Low Scoop. As for 112 doesnt it splat?

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
What combos do Tyrant use? I love his Superman.
Watch his videos and record the moves he uses if you want to copy them exactly. If you want the best, most damaging, optimized combos, check page one of this thread. We've all put a lot of work into making it a resource all Supes mains can be proud of.

i see, thanks a lot, but maybe it will be nice to keep people in check, under pressure they tend to crack and make mistakes, as i see

yes im aware of it, but not always can people punish it if it catches them offguard. in situations when you sit on a huge lifelead and can mix em up a bit, it may be useful i guess. but of course most of the time i tend to play it safer

Raynex

Why mix them up with 112 which is punishable when 223 does the same thing, is safer, and leads to 40+% combos on hit? 112 is made obsolete by the 223!

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
112 is just too risky to throw out, and if it does hit you get nothing out of it. Stick to 223.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
It's -2 on block so its safe, and you can cancel into breath to possibly make it +1 or +2?

to me it just seems that f23 goes pretty much the same distance, while startup is faster. thats why im asking, maybe there are some specific uses

Raynex

B23 adds variety to blockstrings which keeps your opponent on their toes. It's always good to mix-up pressure visually so that if you decide to add sneaky things in between, or throw, your opponent is less likely to see it coming.

For example:

F2 xx Breath
B23 xx Breath
B2 xx Heat Zap
B2 xx Breath, walk forward slightly, 3 xx Breath, F23 xx Breath

Once your opponent expects you to attack over and over again you can take a few risks:

F23 xx Breath, F2D1
F23 xx Breath, DF+3
B23 xx Breath, airdash cross-up
B2 xx Heat Zap, slight pause, F2~Trait, F23 xx Breath or dash in throw
B23 xx Breath, walk forward slightly, [MB] F3, (if blocked) continue pressure

S1L3nt

Noob
The most useful strings to mi,x it up to pressure are f23,223 and f2d1.
F23 is your bread and butter its a 2 hit mid combo that eads to your best combos.
223 is good for when your opponent crouches alot. It's 2 mid shots followed by an overhead, and the two mid shots also tick hit your opponent while they r crouching so they can't poke you out of it unlike 112
Finally f2d1 is really good for an opponent who standing blocks. While you could mix up with your scoops f2d1 uses supermans amazing f2 which covers so much ground into the low hit that bounces them up. You can also make a big combo from this too.
My favourite for that is f2d1, f2 mb breath, b3,JI3,f2 swoop, 3 flying punch

Watch his videos and record the moves he uses if you want to copy them exactly. If you want the best, most damaging, optimized combos, check page one of this thread. We've all put a lot of work into making it a resource all Supes mains can be proud of.
His combos seem a bit easier to pull off. I've tried most of these listed and can't get them offline. I can only imagine how bad it would be trying them online.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
His combos seem a bit easier to pull off. I've tried most of these listed and can't get them offline. I can only imagine how bad it would be trying them online.
Scale back a bit online. Eg if you are used to doing 22~scoop mid combo after the wall bounce, substitute f2~scoop and ull get it. It's a damage reduction of maybe 1-2%, no biggie in terms of online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dan

KomboMaker
Hey guys, I'm having trouble doing IAD's(instant air dashes), is there a special input or is it just fast as possible? I've tried the arksys uf, f but doesn't seem to work for me. Plz help.
Do you use an Arcade Stick, Hitbox or a normal Xbox360/PS3 pad?

If you use an arcade stick, (which is my case) you can jump forward and then tap forward twice or the opposite, jump backwards and then tap twice backwards. I think it's much easier than do the neutral jump and then tap twice in any direction.