What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
B23 adds variety to blockstrings which keeps your opponent on their toes. It's always good to mix-up pressure visually so that if you decide to add sneaky things in between, or throw, your opponent is less likely to see it coming.

For example:

F2 xx Breath
B23 xx Breath
B2 xx Heat Zap
B2 xx Breath, walk forward slightly, 3 xx Breath, F23 xx Breath

Once your opponent expects you to attack over and over again you can take a few risks:

F23 xx Breath, F2D1
F23 xx Breath, DF+3
B23 xx Breath, airdash cross-up
B2 xx Heat Zap, slight pause, F2~Trait, F23 xx Breath or dash in throw
B23 xx Breath, walk forward slightly, [MB] F3, (if blocked) continue pressure
More of this ^ please :)

Are the 3-trait-3 corner combos stance specific? I was working on them in the lab last night with Bane. Sometimes I could hit it and sometimes it wouldn't even come close. After a few min, I noticed the if Bane's back was facing me, on the right side of the screen, it would hit every time. If Bane's front was facing me it would whiff. I only messed with it for a few minutes as I had to get up at 4am so I didn't get a lot out of it but figured this would be the best place to ask. Thanks in advance!

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
The corner combos should be universal, I haven't heard of stances changing their viability. Definitely worth testing...maybe something was changed in one of those minor patches.

It maybe just Bane or my timing might have been screwy. I'm at work but I plan on getting back into the lab to draw a better conclusion afterwhile.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hey man I've been trying to do that combo and it seems that I can't get the start of it. You do F23 trait 3 to DB3 right? I keep missing every time.
Who are you using as practice dummy?
The combo is much easier on the giant characters, I tried for about 10 minutes against CatWoman and the HeatZap always missed.
It might be impossible against the small characters, or an extremely hard just frame.

Need some more testing.

MrAvA

Smashing.
There are two options for me, I suck or I'm an idiot because It seems I only can do it with the big characters and not the normal size one. Anyways its a bit too much for me to do it consistently so I guess I won't be using this online so I guess 3 trait 3 will have to do.

MrAvA

Smashing.
Who are you using as practice dummy?
The combo is much easier on the giant characters, I tried for about 10 minutes against CatWoman and the HeatZap always missed.
It might be impossible against the small characters, or an extremely hard just frame.

Need some more testing.
Well I guess I'm an idiot but still thank you Raynex and nice fine Asodimazze, showing those big body characters to never be in the corner again.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
B23 adds variety to blockstrings which keeps your opponent on their toes. It's always good to mix-up pressure visually so that if you decide to add sneaky things in between, or throw, your opponent is less likely to see it coming.

For example:

F2 xx Breath
B23 xx Breath
B2 xx Heat Zap
B2 xx Breath, walk forward slightly, 3 xx Breath, F23 xx Breath

Once your opponent expects you to attack over and over again you can take a few risks:

F23 xx Breath, F2D1
F23 xx Breath, DF+3
B23 xx Breath, airdash cross-up
B2 xx Heat Zap, slight pause, F2~Trait, F23 xx Breath or dash in throw
B23 xx Breath, walk forward slightly, [MB] F3, (if blocked) continue pressure
With the nerf to breath this seems less viable.

MrAvA

Smashing.
With the nerf to breath this seems less viable.
I am sadden that superman has lost his best way to get in but now I hope the superman hate ends and the people who just pick him just to win goes as well. Now the only people who will pick superman are those who want to main him and just generally like him. I know where my loyalty stands, and its with the man of steel.

Did they adjust the timing on 3,trait,3?? I swear its SOO much EASIER to hit now! i get it 8/10 times now where before I got lucky to hit it twice :). Finally hitting the lab and trying out these other crazy combos i gave up on so long ago!!