What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

Which combos are duplicated or not optimized? If this has to do with corner combos I admittedly spent very little time with it and decided to separate them by the starter. The f23 and 223 corner ones that do slightly less damage are my personal BnBs I added mainly for people who have lag or suck at inputting. The max damage one is there. If anyone would like to spend some time optimizing the corner combo section Ill be glad to update it.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I'm just going by what you said about some admittedly useless ones being there. It's not a huge deal, just a suggestion. We should all be in the lab finding more tech :D

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Damn, super mains putting in work. Hopefully I can find something of worth. Meanwhile, good job kryptonians, keep calm and F23 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Anything w/F23, F23, F2 to low scoop, stuff like that. I've been doing F23x3 to breath (and online it's even worse)
Had that problem at first. If its on and offline you have issues, it's probably an execution thing. Hit the lab and practice, basically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Beck__

Old English Fighter
Anything w/F23, F23, F2 to low scoop, stuff like that. I've been doing F23x3 to breath (and online it's even worse)
Its just a timing issue, I only play online and have got it down now. i.e. F23, pause, F23, slight pause, F2 xx Scoop. Also B&B, i.e. F23, F2 xx MB breath, B3, J3, I then do - F2 xx scoop instead of 22 xx Scoop. Just easier online.

Practice the timing in training, once you get your head around it, you will be fine.

Beck__

Old English Fighter
Also just wanted to bang on about the power of F23.. A tactic that catches a lot of people for me is to do F23, on block do immediate back dash. Most of the time they either start a string or jump in with attack to try and punish the blocked F23. I then just do F23 to punish their response, the space Supes travels on F2 is pretty insane. Also the fact that when someone does a jumping attack, they cant block for a few frames when they land, F23 in the face.

S1L3nt

Noob
Nori go into your controller setting and at the bottom I can't remember Exacually what it's called but turn it off. I it took me a few days of not being able to do combos to realise that was the problem. Soon as I turned it off I was pulling them off easily
Like I'd do f23,f23,f2-db1 and instead of scooping it would do a rising grab.

f23~Super Breath Pressure has been revised due to some findings by members of TYM. If anyone has any other finds on it Ill be glad to change or add to it.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
For a B1 corner combo you can do
B1 xx MB Breath, Heat zap, 3 trait, F2D1, F2D1, 3 scoop, 3 breath 57%
Edit: Raynex fixed this for me <3

Raynex

For a B1 corner combo you can do
B1 xx MB Breath, Heat zap, F2D1, F2D1, F2D1, 3 scoop, 3 breath 46%
Not as damaging as his other corner combo's, but still good to have.
Add 3~Trait right after the Heat Zap, and take out one rep of F2D1. The damage should go up considerably.

For some reason I'm having a very hard time landing the in front j3 off of hard knockdown. I can get cross up easy but hardly ever gets the front j3; any tips? Also, any tips of the Black Adam MU?

Raynex

For some reason I'm having a very hard time landing the in front j3 off of hard knockdown. I can get cross up easy but hardly ever gets the front j3; any tips? Also, any tips of the Black Adam MU?
Which move are you using to knock your opponent down and in what situation? How far away from them are you when you jump?

In general, j3 is difficult to control and inconsistent even with the right setup, because it's hitbox isn't that great. You also don't get high damage when it hits. Instead of going for ambiguous jump-ins (which I think is one of his weakest points), you should be going for tricky air dash jump-ins. If blocked, use his strings or F3 / B3 to put yourself at advantage, or just throw them.

But if you really want to take this path, give us more information so we can help you find the hard knockdown j3 setup that works for you. (or just play Joker and spam j.2)

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Since most background bounces whiff mid combo for supes I started doing

f23 dash d1 background bounce f2 db2mb b3 jump3 f2 low swoop sweep

Also midscreen you can do f23 dash d1 db2mb b3 jump 3 f2 low swoop 3 dash punch 35% one bar I think

Which move are you using to knock your opponent down and in what situation? How far away from them are you when you jump?

In general, j3 is difficult to control and inconsistent even with the right setup, because it's hitbox isn't that great. You also don't get high damage when it hits. Instead of going for ambiguous jump-ins (which I think is one of his weakest points), you should be going for tricky air dash jump-ins. If blocked, use his strings or F3 / B3 to put yourself at advantage, or just throw them.

But if you really want to take this path, give us more information so we can help you find the hard knockdown j3 setup that works for you. (or just play Joker and spam j.2)
I'm doing it off of low scoop to sweep.

Raynex

I'm doing it off of low scoop to sweep.
When you sweep after a scoop you're much too close to set up a fake cross-up (aka same side) j3. If you walk backwards to compensate for spacing as your opponent rises from the ground, you waste valuable time, and they will probably backdash / wake-up attack / do something thereby nullifying your clean mix-up. It is because of that close proximity that F2D13 or B23 is recommended for hard knockdown mix-ups, as they send your opponent much farther away and allow for much more versatility in both jump and airdash mix-ups.

If you are intent on using D3 as your ender, be sure to walk backwards as much as possible after DF+1 (scoop), and hit with the very tip of D3. This way you create the space required for a proper left / right j3. After walking backwards and spacing the D3 at max range, walk backwards a touch more right before you jump. I've had success with it, but it's a little too obvious. My recommendation would be to scrap D3 all together as it does less damage and is harder to utilize than the other knockdowns.

DeathAndHealing

Revision to the Aquaman match-up section. At the beginning where I list "punishes", the very last one is about Trident stabs. It says 'more testing required'. You can take that away completely. F23 punishes meterless trident stab regardless of distance or if he hops back or not. F23 punishes [MB] trident stabs too, but if he hops backwards, you have to either walk forward and F23 or jump in on him for a full combo.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Just as a note on the first post: If you mean MB F3 or MB B3, those cost 1 bar of meter for armor. If you mean using it in a combo, I'd say it's almost never worth it. Your post claims 2 meters but doesn't specify if it is in a combo (11~ff MB) or if it's armored. I'm sure most people will understand it, but for the newer players it would help to specify IMO.

Raynex

DeathAndHealing

In the section about j.2 xx j.D3 in the corner (the double overhead), we need an update.

j.2, B1~[MB] Breath is the other half of this tricky mix-up. The dive is an overhead but B1 is a low, and the [MB] Breath attempt is completely safe when blocked so you risk nothing by going for it. If meter is scarce you can try for B1~scoop but it is very unsafe.

Also add this to the corner combo section:

Optimized B1 corner combos!
- B1~scoop, (optional 3~Trait) F2D1 x3, 3~Breath (28% / 40%)
- B1~scoop, 3~[MB] Breath, F2D1x2, 3~Breath (42%, 1 Meter)

- B1~[MB] Breath, Heat Zap, F2D1 x3, 3~scoop, 3~Breath (46%)
- B1~[MB] Breath, Heat Zap, 3~Trait, F2D1 x2, 3~scoop, 3~Breath (57%)