What's new

2012 Road To EVO Point Standings (Updated w/ Montreal, Northwest, and ECT)

zaf

professor
I was under the impression top 16 got points.
Thats why i thought jer got some for toryuken

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
NEC is not a Road to EVO event. NEC happened in December. The Road to EVO events were listed in January. Apex was the first Road to EVO event.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I don't need to have EVO points to compete in MK though, right?
Correct. Entry is open to all to compete, and if you plan on competing at EVO, you need to register ASAP. They are expecting this EVO to reach room capacity at which point once they reach it, they will stop selling passes. So don't wait until the June deadline to get your pass otherwise you will be left out.

The EVO points are just to place players at certain parts of the bracket. Like if there are any byes in the tournament, they'll trickle down from the top of the list down. So the people at the top of the list are pretty much guaranteed byes for the first round if the brackets contain them.

Correct. Entry is open to all to compete, and if you plan on competing at EVO, you need to register ASAP. They are expecting this EVO to reach room capacity at which point once they reach it, they will stop selling passes. So don't wait until the June deadline to get your pass otherwise you will be left out.

The EVO points are just to place players at certain parts of the bracket. Like if there are any byes in the tournament, they'll trickle down from the top of the list down. So the people at the top of the list are pretty much guaranteed byes for the first round if the brackets contain them.
Also, it ensures that the top players don't meet until the final rounds.....so no CD Jr v REO in pool play.