What's new

Tech Zooms Official Flash Tech Thread(3/24/2014)

Rodrigue

Spongerod
@KHAOTIC ZOOM the rumba is not necessary for these set ups, I just wanted to check the damage lol
But I agree if you want to use it, it'd be best after a HKD.
Another thing, after you bash your opponent's head against the robot, there will be another rumba that you can use. I usually set it up, and go for RMS 2. That way if he tries to jump out of it, he gets caught by the RMS 2.
I still have a few tricks for the standing reset, I will post them as soon as I'm done with my exams next week. You just basically need a background bounce

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
The MB LC into trait:

You can also do b22 RMS f1 MB into 1, 4, b22 LK, b22 LK, b22f3 LC 21 LC for 51%

You could incorporate this into your game plan with b22 rms cancels I suppose.

I know @AK Harold likes to combo off of b22 RMS f1 MB a lot with almost 40% damage, so here's some more damage for you, dude.

Last edited:
@KHAOTIC ZOOM , been trying out the dash out of b23 against batman and I can get it successfully when i'm standing blocking the whole string from the beginning but if i'm originally in a ducking position and i switch to back to block the overhead part of b23, flash doesn't seem to have enough time to avoid the explosion... So only seems to work against batman if he starts his b23 while flash is standing... Having said that, batman seems to have enough time to block after flash dashes towards him and I couldn't get a punish... are you able to get a punish? The training mode recording is set to have batman stand blocking the d12 so that's why I wasn't sure if i was timing it wrong... Also are you able to dash in if you originally are in a ducking position when batman hits you with b2 of the b23 string?

ZOOM

Noob
@KHAOTIC ZOOM , been trying out the dash out of b23 against batman and I can get it successfully when i'm standing blocking the whole string from the beginning but if i'm originally in a ducking position and i switch to back to block the overhead part of b23, flash doesn't seem to have enough time to avoid the explosion... So only seems to work against batman if he starts his b23 while flash is standing... Having said that, batman seems to have enough time to block after flash dashes towards him and I couldn't get a punish... are you able to get a punish? The training mode recording is set to have batman stand blocking the d12 so that's why I wasn't sure if i was timing it wrong... Also are you able to dash in if you originally are in a ducking position when batman hits you with b2 of the b23 string?
I'm able to react ONLINE while crouching on B23s and dash forward and stand up. Make sure you dash up after the over head and before the explosion.

it doesn't matter whether you are crouching or not, just hit the lab.

The only ones that matter if you are crouching or not is GLS B13 and Doomsdays 33, which flash can backdash mid string.

And no, it's not a punish. It's a 50/50. The thing, is it destroys batmans options.
B23, 113, 223 are all risks for him, so are some Batarang "frame traps) Flash can D2 him on some of them if he jumps and is able to D1 punish them due to some "fraudulent frame traps".

basically, if you dash up after B23, he has to respect it, or he gets blown up.

I've tried that F21SP J3 11...setup in the corner on regular sized characters, it doesn't seem to be working. It could be my timing but here is a variation that is after J3 follow with double d12LK which does a guaranteed 37% dmg, to make it fancier do d12LK n d12LC (cant recall the difference of dmg n outcome of knock down - face up or face down. Don't know it if matters either ) Again thx for sharing these, @KHAOTIC ZOOM. This speedster deserves more goodies.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I'm not a flash player, but isn't stand 2 a mid? Is there a way to confirm 2 into b22 or d2 maybe? Idk..

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
All I can really say is since these set ups can be punished, I don't think they're really worth the risk. I think Flash's meterless game how it is now is really okay for what it is. I actually don't mind destroying people in the corner with meterless d1d2 lk or f2 lk, it's 31% damage and some people just completely freeze when you have them trying to guess. They push block you out, they're really just playing your game since you've been building meter this whole time. If you can incorporate these set ups somehow and not get blown up, more props to you.

ZOOM

Noob
All I can really say is since these set ups can be punished, I don't think they're really worth the risk. I think Flash's meterless game how it is now is really okay for what it is. I actually don't mind destroying people in the corner with meterless d1d2 lk or f2 lk, it's 31% damage and some people just completely freeze when you have them trying to guess. They push block you out, they're really just playing your game since you've been building meter this whole time. If you can incorporate these set ups somehow and not get blown up, more props to you.
J3 B22F3 RMSC cant be punished. it's +5 on block and can lead to ambigious set up if on hit confirm..

dont worry he's just a hater and didnt realize this is day 1 shit lol.
Day 1 shit, gimmicks, whatever it is. What's the point in demeaning somebody who clearly isn't fishing for props by trying to help out the Flash community? Obviously he's posting it here with the expectation of constructive criticism but statements like that are kinda pointless imo. Feel better?

ZOOM

Noob
Day 1 shit, gimmicks, whatever it is. What's the point in demeaning somebody who clearly isn't fishing for props by trying to help out the Flash community? Obviously he's posting it here with the expectation of constructive criticism but statements like that are kinda pointless imo. Feel better?
I searched the forums and this set up for meterless game or my combos arent even on there let alone the combo thread. ANd no flashes use this stuff. Weird....

Weird..... Well anyways the solution is to use b22f3 rmsc.

@Zyphox the real gimmick is D2D2SPMb every single time in the corner. Looks like you are the one thats hating mr uses rollable set ups each time on knockdowns. Please do not come in my thread if you have nothing relevant or constructive to say in the thread, thanks.

Firstly, thank you @KHAOTIC ZOOM. Secondly, Flash needs gimmicks, it's all part of the mind games, no? Now onto the setup you've proposed. In the video you said if they block your D2 (from the JI3 D2 setup), you get punished.
Now if the JI3 is blocked, the setup wouldn't work, would it?! So it all comes down to JI3 is blocked or not. I just tested everything in the video and let's break the setup down.
*No block for JI3, we just do what we do best. Another combo path for ppl who find it tough to do cross up ji3 b22 background bounce etc is d1 background bounce followed by usual things, does 45% FYI.
*If JI3 is blocked,
For no cross up option, d12 stuffs flying uppercut reversal attack (21 string does it too but doesn't cover the situation where the opponent who blocks then duck) which then opens up the opponent. If D12 still gets the block, back dash n take a breather or cancel the string with a delayed LK which also can be canceled by back dash.
For cross up version, apply the solutions above.

I'm hoping my reply is valid, cuz I don't take non constructive criticism well, I'll cry.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I searched the forums and this set up for meterless game or my combos arent even on there let alone the combo thread. ANd no flashes use this stuff. Weird....

Weird..... Well anyways the solution is to use b22f3 rmsc.

@Zyphox the real gimmick is D2D2SPMb every single time in the corner. Looks like you are the one thats hating mr uses rollable set ups each time on knockdowns. Please do not come in my thread if you have nothing relevant or constructive to say in the thread, thanks.
rollable set ups when i also end my combos in hard knockdown? d2d2? my real gimmick was actually going to a major and getting 3rd place what have you done? exactly hold that shit, you only acknowledge me when your responding to the tech you post which most are not new. an excuse me but cross up j3 after 32 knockdown was known day 1, what ever you get afterwards is combo preference to get another set up.
do you know who this guy is? just by posting tech he fishes for props, its clear you don't know mr muffin.

ZOOM

Noob
Firstly, thank you @KHAOTIC ZOOM. Secondly, Flash needs gimmicks, it's all part of the mind games, no? Now onto the setup you've proposed. In the video you said if they block your D2 (from the JI3 D2 setup), you get punished.
Now if the JI3 is blocked, the setup wouldn't work, would it?! So it all comes down to JI3 is blocked or not. I just tested everything in the video and let's break the setup down.
*No block for JI3, we just do what we do best. Another combo path for ppl who find it tough to do cross up ji3 b22 background bounce etc is d1 background bounce followed by usual things, does 45% FYI.
*If JI3 is blocked,
For no cross up option, d12 stuffs flying uppercut reversal attack (21 string does it too but doesn't cover the situation where the opponent who blocks then duck) which then opens up the opponent. If D12 still gets the block, back dash n take a breather or cancel the string with a delayed LK which also can be canceled by back dash.
For cross up version, apply the solutions above.

I'm hoping my reply is valid, cuz I don't take non constructive criticism well, I'll cry.
You brought up great points. Nice.