What's new

Zatanna can punish Batman low pop up...

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Pesky Batman players that like to spam their low pop up attack b113 can be punished on block. Just hit 112 as a counter. :)

How do you fellow magicians feel about this fight? Zatanna can dance around his batarangs with teleports and fire back some of her own tricks at him... I think it's one of her good fights. :)

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Pesky Batman players that like to spam their low pop up attack b113 can be punished on block. Just hit 112 as a counter. :)

How do you fellow magicians feel about this fight? Zatanna can dance around his batarangs with teleports and fire back some of her own tricks at him... I think it's one of her good fights. :)
I have a different opinion on this matchup. I spent some time with Zatanna in practice mode and have the following observations:
  • She needs Meter to do a lot of damage
  • Doesn't have effective anti-air tools
  • Not very effective at Air to Air combat.
  • D2 is terrible
  • Not very effective up close
  • Doesn't have many good wake up attacks. It appears her teleport or Fast Kicks special is her best option.
  • Lack of footsies
I have yet to fight against Zatanna online but a solid Batman player would likely do the following:
  • Abuse J2 on crossups and air to air combat
  • Use MB Front Batarang for pressure
  • Use trait for space control and rush down and use 50/50 mixups to keep you guessing high, mid, or low.
  • End combos with the Scatter Bombs for the hard knockdown

coolwhip

Noob
If the B11 is blocked, the Batman player can just finish the string with 2 instead of 3, which, with pushback, should be safe (haven't tested it yet). Anyway, there is far more to Batman's pressure than that so this is almost inconsequential.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I think the OP was intentionally exagerating the 10-0 part. Yeah Bats has plenty of tricks his characetr really is like the actual Batman he has an answer and backup plan for everything, but yeah if someone uses Zatanna well, she could give bats some issues, thus far I think the key to usuing Zatanna is going to be how unpredictable you can play her. She has the tools to outright annoy an opponent and those teleports will become a hug tool in her playability. The smoke and mirrors move though I think will be a gimmick best reserved for non-zoner character, for all you gotta do is throw a projectile and thats that.

Overall once folks really pick up the play with her Bats is gonna have tough time IMO, but definately isn't no 10-0, if anything it could become a 5-5. Only time will tell though.

This is a good find, but it doesn't need it's own thread, or even the sarcastic conclusion that being able to punish one move makes it a 10-0 matchup...

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it

I can't believe I am reading this on TYM......

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
LSBH, Zatanna should be banned:
  • She has moves that come out when you press buttons that cause damage.
  • She has the ability to jump when pressing up, up back and up forward.
  • If you hold back in the dpad for ps3/stick on xbox, she'll block.
  • While performing moves, her character model animates.
  • During different kind of moves, or while receiving damage, she plays "sound effects".
  • She has a life bar.
  • The character model possesses hair.
  • Cameltoes.
10 - 0 Match up against everyone.
Ban this sick filth.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So about this TYM Icebaby. Either it's:

A. The same user as the MKO Icebaby (who has a solid reputation there) but is stirring up controversy here for whatever reason.
or
B. An impostor Icebaby that thought people wouldn't notice.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
So about this TYM Icebaby. Either it's:

A. The same user as the MKO Icebaby (who has a solid reputation there) but is stirring up controversy here for whatever reason.
or
B. An impostor Icebaby that thought people wouldn't notice.
I'm googling it, and it won't show up. Can you link us? Maybe it was just that people at MKO play at a really low level and they never noticed the idiocy of the posts.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm googling it, and it won't show up. Can you link us? Maybe it was just that people at MKO play at a really low level and they never noticed the idiocy of the posts.

Hopefully this url works. Here's her profile. She usually doesn't get into technical stuff about combat mechanics so these posts seem a bit out of character imho. She's been at MKO for forever. They even have the same "blue eye" avatar. Weird now the MKO Icebaby changed their avatar. Whatever man.

MKO these days is a ghost town with very little interest in Injustice and technical discussions about combat are just as bad as you'd expect. I'll say this though, there are some serious MK lore heads in that community. So if talking plot continuity, story arcs, that kind of shit is your thing...you can get into some good convo there.