What's new

"You can't run from a God, Hanzo" Raiden says in MKX Comic Chapter 10

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Scorpion will probably spare Raidens life after he demolishes him cause he knows raidens cursed by the daggers
this is most likely going to happen... definitely feels like the writer is hinting that Scorp is going to handle Raiden and blow his back out while in the end sparing him... I think you nailed it..

FOXSOLID

Noob
The number of people here who are hilariously under the impression that Scorpion can't beat the shit out of Raiden is astonishing really.

Don't show your faces if it happens.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
The number of people here who are hilariously under the impression that Scorpion can't beat the shit out of Raiden is astonishing really.

Don't show your faces if it happens.
Sure Scorpion can beat the shit out of Raiden, but Raiden can kill Scorpion.

It's kind of like a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Sure Scorpion can beat the shit out of Raiden, but Raiden can kill Scorpion.

It's kind of like a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square.
Kill him how? He's already dead. You also say that like Scorpion can't kill Raiden when Scorpion killed Bi Han....who killed multiple gods but was killed by Scorpion.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Considering Hanzo can wield Scorpion with discipline and focus now, I'd say he's a threat to anyone, God or otherwise. He isn't just some Netherrealm demon blinded by rage anymore. Well... not at this point in the story.

Seeing that scene with Scorpion's head being forced to watch his family dead made even ME want to kill Sub-Zero. And I know it was Quan Chi lol

FOXSOLID

Noob
Wait how does Scorpion beat a God? And when tf is raiden going to get his full power again?
Lol Why are people selling Scorpion so short? This is truly hilarious...the guy wields limitless hellfire...teleports both locally and inter-dimensionally...expert martial artist...weapon combat and weapon thrower...can employ the help of nether-realm demons and who knows what else the nether-realm has to offer.

He even made Quan Chi his bitch at one point and had him running for his life.

He's like a god in his own right without actually being given that title.

We know Raiden isn't going to die...but like I said...if Scorpion beats Raiden's ass (which is looking very likely).....a lot of you will be eating crow.

Well, Scorpion did lost to Raiden in MK9 while in the Netherrealm. In MK Deception it is stated that Wraiths (such as Scorpion and perhaps Noob) grow in power in the Netherrealm each second they stay there, while magical beings (like Ermac, Quan Chi and possibly Raiden) get weaker every second. Yet, Raiden whooped the floor with Scorpion's ass. And now Raiden is even more powerful because he is wielding that blood kamidogu dagger.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Well, Scorpion did lost to Raiden in MK9 while in the Netherrealm. In MK Deception it is stated that Wraiths (such as Scorpion and perhaps Noob) grow in power in the Netherrealm each second they stay there, while magical beings (like Ermac, Quan Chi and possibly Raiden) get weaker every second. Yet, Raiden whooped the floor with Scorpion's ass. And now Raiden is even more powerful because he is wielding that blood kamidogu dagger.
Holding you to that statement. Next issue will be here shortly.

Well, I'm not stating that Scorpion won't beat Raiden up. I actually think that's mostly likely what's going to happen anyways. I'm just saying that they better have a reasonable explanation to it, otherwise it would contradict their own previously established lore.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Lol Why are people selling Scorpion so short? This is truly hilarious...the guy wields limitless hellfire...teleports both locally and inter-dimensionally...expert martial artist...weapon combat and weapon thrower...can employ the help of nether-realm demons and who knows what else the nether-realm has to offer.

He even made Quan Chi his bitch at one point and had him running for his life.

He's like a god in his own right without actually being given that title.

We know Raiden isn't going to die...but like I said...if Scorpion beats Raiden's ass (which is looking very likely).....a lot of you will be eating crow.
Did they fight in MK9?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Scorpion is no doubt of supernatural power, but even he can't put down an immortal Thunder God. Not happening, Raiden already beat Scorp in MK 9 and made him make Quan appear. This Raiden is possessed, he's not in his right state of mind.

@Amplified$hotz They did and Raiden beat Scorpion, he wanted quan Chi. Scorpion was giving him a hard time so Raiden put him down.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Scorpion is no doubt of supernatural power, but even he can't put down an immortal Thunder God. Not happening, Raiden already beat Scorp in MK 9 and made him make Quan appear. This Raiden is possessed, he's not in his right state of mind.

@Amplified$hotz They did and Raiden beat Scorpion, he wanted quan Chi. Scorpion was giving him a hard time so Raiden put him down.
And if it happens...what then?

EDIT: I can also see right through the particular comment about Raiden not being in the "right state of mind" because you wanna use that as a crutch if Scorpion does beat him. I'm sorry to break it to you, it means nothing, he still has all of his abilities and is even more aggressive with them. So if Scorpion kicks the shit out of him...he kicked the shit out of him. You have no excuses.

Last edited:

MKF30

And if it happens...what then?

EDIT: I can also see right through the particular comment about Raiden not being in the "right state of mind" because you wanna use that as a crutch if Scorpion does beat him. I'm sorry to break it to you, it means nothing, he still has all of his abilities and is even more aggressive with them. So if Scorpion kicks the shit out of him...he kicked the shit out of him. You have no excuses.
If what happens again? Raiden beats Scorpion?

It's not a crutch, it's a fact. Raiden is not thinking, he's just ranting about the demon and shocking everyone at the moment. But he's still right about the God part. Are you reading the comic? Kind of obvious, Raiden don't act like that normally.

I am not disputing Scorpion can fight Raiden (in his current mortal form) but fact remains Raiden would destroy Scorpion if he wanted to. Nothing about excuses, it's just a fact. Scorpion is no where NEAR Raiden's power level...during MK 4 Raiden nearly destroyed Earthrealm(the entire planet) fighting Shinnok, nuff said lol.

The kamidogu daggers make people more powerful like a lot more, adding that to Raiden is just scary since he's already powerful. So if Shawn writes Scorpion "beating" Raiden that would kind of not make sense, and it appears the hellfire drains Scorpion anyway he even said he'd eventually burn out or something. Don't get me wrong man, I LOVE both characters and yes Scorp is a badass with great power, just saying Raiden is on a whole other level. He has a mortal form just to make things interesting and fair via the Elder Gods rules.

Last edited:

FOXSOLID

Noob
If what happens again? Raiden beats Scorpion?

It's not a crutch, it's a fact. Raiden is not thinking, he's just ranting about the demon and shocking everyone at the moment. But he's still right about the God part. Are you reading the comic? Kind of obvious, Raiden don't act like that normally.

I am not disputing Scorpion can fight Raiden (in his current mortal form) but fact remains Raiden would destroy Scorpion if he wanted to. Nothing about excuses, it's just a fact. Scorpion is no where NEAR Raiden's power level...during MK 4 Raiden nearly destroyed Earthrealm(the entire planet) fighting Shinnok, nuff said lol.

The kamidogu daggers make people more powerful like a lot more, adding that to Raiden is just scary since he's already powerful. So if Shawn writes Scorpion "beating" Raiden that would kind of not make sense, and it appears the hellfire drains Scorpion anyway he even said he'd eventually burn out or something. Don't get me wrong man, I LOVE both characters and yes Scorp is a badass with great power, just saying Raiden is on a whole other level. He has a mortal form just to make things interesting and fair via the Elder Gods rules.
But he's isn't on a whole other level...that's what you aren't getting....and you are using it as a crutch. We will see though, I hope you're prepared to potentially eat your words.

MKF30

But he's isn't on a whole other level...that's what you aren't getting....and you are using it as a crutch. We will see though, I hope you're prepared to potentially eat your words.
I respectfully disagree, Raiden>>>>>>>>Scorpion from a powel level perspective. Scorpion can't protect Earthrealm if he were near Raiden in power. The dude is an immortal Thunder God with numerous powers he pulls out of his ass when needed lol and can do things Scorpion can only dream of. But we'll see. I can tell you what will happen, they will fight beat each other up a little then work together. They're not going to have one kill the other for various reasons, storyline, iconicness etc.

FOXSOLID

Noob
I respectfully disagree, Raiden>>>>>>>>Scorpion from a powel level perspective. Scorpion can't protect Earthrealm if he were near Raiden in power. The dude is an immortal Thunder God with numerous powers he pulls out of his ass when needed lol and can do things Scorpion can only dream of. But we'll see. I can tell you what will happen, they will fight beat each other up a little then work together. They're not going to have one kill the other for various reasons, storyline, iconicness etc.
Scorpion could literally raise all kinds of hell on earth and you think he can't whip Raiden's ass with that? I never said one will kill the other...Raiden clearly couldn't kill Scorpion in their previous fight either.

Stop over crediting Raiden...dude's an incompetent moron to boot.

MKF30

Scorpion could literally raise all kinds of hell on earth and you think he can't whip Raiden's ass with that? I never said one will kill the other...Raiden clearly couldn't kill Scorpion in their previous fight either.

Stop over crediting Raiden...dude's an incompetent moron to boot.
Raiden beat, defeated and banished the LORD of Hell/Netherrealm Shinnok...Scorpion is but a pawn of Netherrealm...

I don't see how Scorp can raise all kinds of hell by himself, he has no army like Quan Chi and Shinnok did. He's a rogue spectre. Scorpion is already dead, but it's clear Raiden defeated him in MK 9. I'm not overcrediting, it's common sense fact about Raiden and Scorpion. Scorpion isn't exactly the brightest either, dude was played by Quan Chi and was his puppet for how many years before realizing the truth about who killed his family and clan? Exactly...lol

FOXSOLID

Noob
Raiden beat, defeated and banished the LORD of Hell/Netherrealm Shinnok...Scorpion is but a pawn of Netherrealm...

I don't see how Scorp can raise all kinds of hell by himself, he has no army like Quan Chi and Shinnok did. He's a rogue spectre. Scorpion is already dead, but it's clear Raiden defeated him in MK 9. I'm not overcrediting, it's common sense fact about Raiden and Scorpion. Scorpion isn't exactly the brightest either, dude was played by Quan Chi and was his puppet for how many years before realizing the truth about who killed his family and clan? Exactly...lol
Scorpion's MK4 ending was canon....who was the final boss of MK4? Oh that's right.....Shinnok.

He has demons at his command as MKX illustrates. Wields hellfire...teleports...summons demons......can WHOOP Raiden's ass.

Be prepared dude.

MKF30

Scorpion's MK4 ending was canon....who was the final boss of MK4? Oh that's right.....Shinnok.

He has demons at his command as MKX illustrates. Wields hellfire...teleports...summons demons......can WHOOP Raiden's ass.

Be prepared dude.
That's more so a variation though, not an element to him that we've seen (as of yet at least) the hellfire and spectre aspect yes, but haven't seen Scorpion actually "use demons" more so what I'm saying. I don't see him whipping Raiden's ass lol. He'll prob get a few good shots in, but noticed Scorpion already took his dagger away so even Scorpion knows any edge Raiden has is dangerous. Still, Raiden beat him in MK9 without the kamidogu anyway in Netherrealm no less.