What's new

Combo List - Sektor XL Sektor Combo Thread

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Can someone help me with this one ...
I cannot seem to get the teleport uppercut (tpu) after a f212 back dash into the tpu!!
is there a sweet spot where I have to input the db4? I swear it does not come out ..
The way it helps for me is when hes sliding back and you see the sparks from his feet thats when you put the input

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I noticed MKX's imputs for specials in this game aren't as fluid as MK 9's was, something about the timing with certain moves is just weird. Like I noticed his B3, U4~teleport doesn't come out consistently for me at least, the EX version is a pain sometimes to connect. He can get the rocket after 212 it's just timing and takes little practice.
In MK9 you could buffer and mash the special input way before , but in MKX you can't input the comand more then onece. It will cancel if you mash and nothing comes out. Thing of the MK9 Sektor Buffered cancel Teleport from his B34 that you could cancel on block with dash forward or backwards!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Can someone help me with this one ...
I cannot seem to get the teleport uppercut (tpu) after a f212 back dash into the tpu!!
is there a sweet spot where I have to input the db4? I swear it does not come out ..
i reckon your inputting f21(bb)2 always dial in the f212 before you backdash otherwise he just stands there looking pretty

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Optimized b1 combos

Midscreen
B1 2+4 ex run 4 21 f212 bb Tele f43 Tele 36%
B1 2+4 ex run 4 21 f43 Tele f212 bb Tele 36% ( slightly more difficult , but you can keep them standing if you want )

Corner
B1 2+4 run under 21 f43 Tele f43 charge 36%
When do you input bb after the F212... I for sure don't do F21bb2 like another user commented, but I just can't get it to happen consistently. I do get it, but the bb input seems to be pretty precise as to when it needs to be inputted. Is there an animation queue you wait for? Or you straight up do F212bb and in one fell swoop? Do you hold F? Do you just do F2, stick neutral 12, then bb?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I always dial in f212 then do bb when I see the last hit happening, then do the special I want during the sliding back animation. It involves patience and consistent timing. I mess it up when matches get intense and I do things too early.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
In MK9 you could buffer and mash the special input way before , but in MKX you can't input the comand more then onece. It will cancel if you mash and nothing comes out. Thing of the MK9 Sektor Buffered cancel Teleport from his B34 that you could cancel on block with dash forward or backwards!
Yeah exactly it was easier in MK 9 lol like you said you could just buffer the move way before and it came out far more consistently, MK X they cut it down to like a few frames the time window is smaller.

114 TP 21 F212bb Ex TP rc 1112 (1 bar 38% Oki Setup) f43 does the same amount.
Or you could use 114 TP 21 rc 21 f212bb ex TP NJK for the same setup and damage but you have to use the NJK on the way down

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I noticed MKX's imputs for specials in this game aren't as fluid as MK 9's was, something about the timing with certain moves is just weird. Like I noticed his B3, U4~teleport doesn't come out consistently for me at least, the EX version is a pain sometimes to connect. He can get the rocket after 212 it's just timing and takes little practice.
You sure this isn't your controller settings? B3, U4 xx tele is perfect for me, every time. I'm buffering telepunch from before U4 even hits. You probably want:

Release Check: Off (Unless maybe playing Demo Sonya)
Alternate Control: Off
Input Shortcuts: On

Not sure if you're using pad, but since you say it's the EX version that gives you problems, I'm thinking it's the Block button that is your issue. First thing I did when I got this game is remap Block from the trigger to the shoulder button. You can't have a mushy block/EX button or it should be no surprise that your execution is off. Shame on NRS for making the trigger default for such an important button. Set Interact to R2 or Right Trigger since you rarely use that.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You sure this isn't your controller settings? B3, U4 xx tele is perfect for me, every time. I'm buffering telepunch from before U4 even hits. You probably want:

Release Check: Off (Unless maybe playing Demo Sonya)
Alternate Control: Off
Input Shortcuts: On

Not sure if you're using pad, but since you say it's the EX version that gives you problems, I'm thinking it's the Block button that is your issue. First thing I did when I got this game is remap Block from the trigger to the shoulder button. You can't have a mushy block/EX button or it should be no surprise that your execution is off. Shame on NRS for making the trigger default for such an important button. Set Interact to R2 or Right Trigger since you rarely use that.[/QUOTE

Heh nrs gives the option to change the configuration which is good, ahh like the good old and a days one trigger well two lol but was easier. I did try the release check off didn't seem to change however I did notice it comes out smoother on different controllers I own. Norm xbox it is usually good but sometimes won't come out my hour pad seems other characters like Ermac my moves come out Bette than the normal xbox controller lol so i don't know. Weird. The problem with the release check off is I noticed it helps with one character I use but screws me up when I use Ermac or sektor.

It seems they altered the frame window of the move you have to cancel into,I noticed watching even tourney guys will drop more stuff sometimes than mk9 who knows.

Thanks for the tips though.

loogie

Noob
i reckon your inputting f21(bb)2 always dial in the f212 before you backdash otherwise he just stands there looking pretty
I can get the back dash to come out, f212 bb is Ok.. the issue I have is getting the TP to come out after he slides back.

Afumba

Noob
Optimized b1 combos

Midscreen
B1 2+4 ex run 4 21 f212 bb Tele f43 Tele 36%
B1 2+4 ex run 4 21 f43 Tele f212 bb Tele 36% ( slightly more difficult , but you can keep them standing if you want )

Corner
B1 2+4 run under 21 f43 Tele f43 charge 36%
i think its better to go like this:

B1 2+4 EX, 21 rc 21, f212bb~TU, uppercut =37%
You might get 38% if you can connect jik~charge at the end. Or go for an 1114 ender (would be 36% but hiting the last hit seems a bitch)

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
i think its better to go like this:

B1 2+4 EX, 21 rc 21, f212bb~TU, uppercut =37%
You might get 38% if you can connect jik~charge at the end. Or go for an 1114 ender (would be 36% but hiting the last hit seems a bitch)
You can choose to do whatever ender you want , I was giving optimal damage. Ending in charge isn't so bad since your not leaving any damage on the table and it sends them full screen , so you can start your zoning.

Afumba

Noob
You can choose to do whatever ender you want , I was giving optimal damage. Ending in charge isn't so bad since your not leaving any damage on the table and it sends them full screen , so you can start your zoning.
Didnt mean to offend you or critisize your post. Just posted my oppinion on an "optimized" b1 2+4 ex combo.

My main issue with your optimized combo was s4 into 21 instead of 21 21. S4 has bad scaling so you should be able to get more damage if replaced with a second 21.

Also i dont think using f43 is neccessary at all in this combo. Doing f212bb~tele midcombo and ending in anything seems more optimized, damage-wise and setup-wise. At worst you should get the same damage with a better knockdown.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Didnt mean to offend you or critisize your post. Just posted my oppinion on an "optimized" b1 2+4 ex combo.

My main issue with your optimized combo was s4 into 21 instead of 21 21. S4 has bad scaling so you should be able to get more damage if replaced with a second 21.

Also i dont think using f43 is neccessary at all in this combo. Doing f212bb~tele midcombo and ending in anything seems more optimized, damage-wise and setup-wise. At worst you should get the same damage with a better knockdown.
The point of me putting my combos up was for discussion , so no offensemble taken. What are your combos then ?

Afumba

Noob
The point of me putting my combos up was for discussion , so no offensemble taken. What are your combos then ?
After b1 2+4 i go for:
21 rc 21 f212bb~TU uppercut = 37% or
21 rc 21 f212bb~TU f131~uprocket 35%

I would prefer ending in 1112 (does 36%) over both these enders but i am having trouble connecting the last hit of the string most of the time. :-(

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Idk if people are using this, but b2 after an up rocket is a true block string. so if you're opponent is trying to move after they block up rockets, keep them in check with this and b2 can be special cancelled. You can also do b2 ex db2/exbf1 for pressure/ chip damage.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
When do you input bb after the F212... I for sure don't do F21bb2 like another user commented, but I just can't get it to happen consistently. I do get it, but the bb input seems to be pretty precise as to when it needs to be inputted. Is there an animation queue you wait for? Or you straight up do F212bb and in one fell swoop? Do you hold F? Do you just do F2, stick neutral 12, then bb?
Well, after just working with it, it's quite easy to do regularly now. The timing is fairly precise.

Lokheit

Noob
Sektor

B3,U4/Teleport Uppercut-F4,3/Air Charge - 27%
Not sure if already mentioned but if you don't mind switching sides you can get 29% from that starter (teleport, 21, f212bb, teleport). I think it's 28 with no side switch if you just use f212.

Last edited: