What's new

General/Other - Pretty Lady XL Pretty Lady Leatherface Discussion Thread

AnInconvience

I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS!
41% 1 Bar Midscreen Combo: F12 EXDB2, 22, 12 BD4, JI1, F12 DB1

I saw a combo similar to this which did 47% 2 Bar but at the moment, this is the most practical 1 bar combo I have found midscreen with PL.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this earlier but F12 EXDB2 does not work on female characters. If you want it to work, use F3 or 12 into EXDB2 for optimal damage and corner carry.

Last edited:

HAMMO

they didnt tap
41% 1 Bar Midscreen Combo: F12 EXDB2, 22, 12 BD4, JI1, F12 DB1

I saw a combo similar to this which did 47% 2 Bar but at the moment, this is the most practical 1 bar combo I have found midscreen with PL.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this earlier but F12 EXDB2 does not work on female characters. If you want it to work, use F3 or 12 into EXDB2 for optimal damage and corner carry.
it works on on sonya if that makes any difference

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Time for an official Match-up chart/discussion thread? It'll be W.I.P of course & I'll keep it updated as long you guys feed me info.

Last edited:

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Time for an official Match-up chart/discussion thread? It'll be W.I.P of course & I'll keep it updated as long you guys feed me info.

@Zoidberg747
Cool , an thread like that will help .

PL vs Ermac = 4-6
PL vs Smoke = 5-5
PL vs Scorpion = 5-5
PL vs Liu Kang = 4-6
PL vs Kung Lao = 4-6
PL vs Tanya = 5-5
PL vs Sonya = 5-5

PL is good , but some chars make PL sucks alot...

AnInconvience

I could be wrong but I believe PL-Kitana is a 3-7 matchup. Alot of Pretty Ladies' Zoning comes from IA Chainsaws and low chainsaws. Kitana can avoid these low chainsaws by IA Fanning and regular jumps. Also, it is a bad trade for Leatherface hit with air fan as the chainsaw will lose to the fan, resulting in at least 20% damage.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Don't know if all Pretty Lady players know this by now, but its becoming more apparent to me that if you want to spend the bar of meter (in a combo btw) to do it before using chain spark.

Ultimately spending the bar after using chain sparks makes the damage output look laughable.

AnInconvience

Don't know if all Pretty Lady players know this by now, but its becoming more apparent to me that if you want to spend the bar of meter (in a combo btw) to do it before using chain spark.

Ultimately spending the bar after using chain sparks makes the damage output look laughable.
A good thing to ensure max damage is F12 into EXDB2 as the chainsaw is both a launcher and plus, resulting in corner pressure and mid screen pressure. Also to do chain sparks after, use 22 then 12 into chain sparks and you are set to go.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Im thinking of going back to pretty lady . New patch makes him stronger. You may ask why ? He got zero buffs. Yes he stayed the same while a lot of top tiers got nerfed. He was always good at zoning but not so good upclose. Now a lot of armor got removed thats a buff for him . Running and stamina nerf too. Trust me he will be better.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Im thinking of going back to pretty lady . New patch makes him stronger. You may ask why ? He got zero buffs. Yes he stayed the same while a lot of top tiers got nerfed. He was always good at zoning but not so good upclose. Now a lot of armor got removed thats a buff for him . Running and stamina nerf too. Trust me he will be better.
This is the equivalent of saying "You know those changes that happened this patch designed to help defensive characters/zoning? Those are going to help this zoning character. Trust me guys, I got a good feeling about this one."

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Will admit that I had Alien (Acidic) as my #1 because of obvious reason, but with the universal changes to MKX & changes to the S & A tier, I'll be back in the swing of things.

Even though Pretty Lady didn't get any changes to himself, I'll still do a revise of my guide after The Fall Classic.