What's new

General/Other - Killer XL Killer Leatherface Discussion Thread

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
in killer if you MB his berserker stance 2 in the corner you can pretty much do what ever you afterwards even is 27 frame overhead is not armorable because its plus 30 so its a free check to see if they are pressing buttons and the b12 string is safe.
this also allows a free stance into a stance 1/2 to check them or a unblockable set up if they want to sit there and block. You can activate the stance and wait out a few frame then do 1/2 to see if they tried armoring before its their turn or to catch them trying to jump out/poke the unblockable they think is coming. Or you can cancel and just wait and see

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I think BS1 has potential.
It´s only 6f (1+5) so it can be used to punish everything,even midscreen, and perhaps a good AA.
It can hitconfirm the MB for biiiiiiig damage and corner carry
Also, it can punish zoners because BS(1f) absorbs the proyectile and then the 1(5f) makes you run to punish him :mad:

Last edited:

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
so when you have them re stood in the corner and end with 12 into the berserk stance 4, what are their options? So far it looks like it beats forward jump, back jump, neutral jump, and backdash so is armor really their only option against it? If so, damn that's dirty lol

Tweedy

Noob
Because of the fast start up and slow top speed with his walking, I find wavedashing to be very effective.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
so when you have them re stood in the corner and end with 12 into the berserk stance 4, what are their options? So far it looks like it beats forward jump, back jump, neutral jump, and backdash so is armor really their only option against it? If so, damn that's dirty lol
You can poke out.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I think BS1 has potential.
It´s only 6f (1+5) so it can be used to punish everything,even midscreen, and perhaps a good AA.
It can hitconfirm the MB for biiiiiiig damage and corner carry
Also, it can punish zoners because BS(1f) absorbs the proyectile and then the 1(5f) makes you run to punish him :mad:
i dont think that is right, i believe it is 1 frame start up yes but BS stance itself has (i think) 12 recovery frames. after that you can do a move extension. I could be wrong though

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
i dont think that is right, i believe it is 1 frame start up yes but BS stance itself has (i think) 12 recovery frames. after that you can do a move extension. I could be wrong though
You can cancel the BS animation with the 1,2 or 4 move. And the 1 move has only 5f to begin so 1+5 is correct. It depends on how fast you cancel the stance into the 1 move,but you dont need to wait the 12 recovery frames to perform the follow up

Kokoko

Somehow
Ok, guys, I want to show you something. Hope, it will be useful. Also, I understand that some of you already know this stuff. Anyway, I'll post it for everyone.

I want to talk about BS4 cancel. We already know that Killer can finish his combos with bd4, jip, 22 or f3 to get some advantage. There is a third way to build your pressure and meter. End your combo with bd4 jip 12~BS4, immediately cancel it and press f12~BS1. If you do it correct, you can land your attack after BS4 cancel and there is no gap. So their only option - block. If they don't respect your frames, you'll get another combo.
For example, if you make your bnb f12~BS1mb, njp, rc, 12~bd4, ji2, 12~BS4(cancel), f12~BS1 and they block f12~BS1, you'll get nearly 48-49% of your bar and 39% of damage. Otherwise, your minimum damage will be 52% and you can build 28-29% of your meter.
Don't forget, that only Reptile can punish BS1 with his slide. In other MU BS1 is safe on block I believe.

Watch this short video. Only block can help your opponent, but it gives you a lot of meter.
1. P2 didn't press any buttons
2. P2 tried to block
3. P2 tried to crouch
4. P2 tried to backdash

Last edited:
Ok, guys, I want to show you something. Hope, it will be useful. Also, I understand that some of you already know this stuff. Anyway, I'll post it for everyone.

I want to talk about BS4 cancel. We already know that Killer can finish his combos with bd4, jip, 22 or f3 to get some advantage. There is a third way to build your pressure and meter. End your combo with bd4 jip 12~BS4, immediately cancel it and press f12~BS1. If you do it correct, you can land your attack after BS4 cancel and there is no gap. So their only option - block. If they don't respect your frames, you'll get another combo.
For example, if you make your bnb f12~BS1mb, njp, rc, 12~bd4, ji2, 12~BS4(cancel), f12~BS1 and they block f12~BS1, you'll get 0,48-0,49% of your meter and 39% of damage. Otherwise, your minimum damage will be 52% and you can build 0,27-0.28% of your meter.
Don't forget, that only Reptile can punish BS1 with his slide. In other MU BS1 is safe on block I believe.

Watch this short video. Only block can help your opponent, but it gives you a lot of meter.
1. P2 didn't press any buttons
2. P2 tried to block
3. P2 tried to crouch
4. P2 tried to backdash

Awesome! Been playing with Killer since KP2 game out and this looks like a true quitality move. Thanks for sharing the tech!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
My tech is more simple...but very effective:
After doing the bd4 I like to do Jip-f12-BS2 that gives you a restand with -1 .Well,then I smash the d3 (only 6f) it hits low so or the opp. guess it or he will eat this poke,it happends very VERY often because I remember, the combo restands¡¡,he need to guess and bock low. Only a VERY fast poke (less than 7f) or an armor movement can break it.
Now, if the d3 connects, you have a REAL frame trap because you have 10f of the d3 on hit. Then you can do a nearly free f12,or,throw,Jip,etc... with better frame advantage situation.
It´s a guessing game,if he thinks you will smash the d3 after the f12-BS2 finisher, simply smash the block button after the last bs1 hit to perform the MB version of it who breaks any fast poke or the low block :)

Last edited:

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
You can cancel the BS animation with the 1,2 or 4 move. And the 1 move has only 5f to begin so 1+5 is correct. It depends on how fast you cancel the stance into the 1 move,but you dont need to wait the 12 recovery frames to perform the follow up
I am cancelling the BS with a move. I have gone through moves that are -6 all the way to -20. I would do reversal stance with a buffered 1 so it would come out on the first possible frame. The first move i was able to punish was jax's overhead punch which was -17
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TokiWartoothxDK/video/15451172

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I am cancelling the BS with a move. I have gone through moves that are -6 all the way to -20. I would do reversal stance with a buffered 1 so it would come out on the first possible frame. The first move i was able to punish was jax's overhead punch which was -17
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TokiWartoothxDK/video/15451172
UMMmmm....it seems faster than this....well...then you are right. Damn, so it´s not viable as a punisher move :confused: