What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
also its very simple as to why he is considered so damn good:
1. in trait, strings like 22 3 and j2 dominate all other footsies tools
2. oh teleport. downplay it all you want that move is ridiculuous
3. post combo mixup game because of phase charge ender
I know u need exp in the MU no doubt and I also know u and rebello are the best MMhs currently

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Sorry but MMH is top 3

If you guys feel he's not dig up roe and play in a long set

There's a reason why revolver bopped blak felow 10-1 and loses to Reo

MMH Is a lot like ZOD, hard to master but the last time I played Reo his MMH felt light years beyond any . It was so god damn ridiculous . Wish I recorded it
As someone who plays both Zod and MMH, I wouldn't exactly compare the two. Both are hard to master, yes, but you can be OK with a MMH if you haven't mastered him because his toolkit is so strong. Zod is just hard 100% of the time to learn and master. If anything, I'd say MMH is more like Batman in terms of learn/mastering: There's a noticeable gap between a good Batman and a great Batman to me

Also, MMH is top 1 for sure because I know how easy it is to not be on point as Zod and I downplay Aquaman a lot. I think he's not that good really. MMH Zod KF Aquaman and Batman/Superman/Bladam(Depending on who I got wiped with most recently) as my top 5

Immortal

Blind justice....
Anyways, has anybody tried locking people down with MB orbs to chip them out when they're low on life? Like if you have three or four bars of meter for example.

I was thinking of doing this as opposed to MB pillars because they can advance right after the MB pillar and I haven't really seen this used, but was thinking about it the other day.
No point in doing that? Just put orb before them so they can't move forward and finish them off with overhead tele. Why bother with MB orbs? Althou yea i think it's possible.

Immortal

Blind justice....
That brings you to the opponent though and unless they have only 3-4% won't kill them anyway.

I'm just trying to get some actual discussion going on about him that doesn't involve negativity or whining to be honest.
I'm not whining or anything like that i just think there are easier ways to finish opponent then messing with orbs and like i said -> its possible but i would say - pretty unreliable. On the other note i'm staying positive. :)

Also let's talk - my way brings you to the opponent like you said, if it doesn't kill him with 3 or 4 bars of meter i can pretty much b3 into almost anything they can do or use PP. Depends on how much life left we're talking about?

Immortal

Blind justice....
To be clear, I wasn't saying you were whining...I mean a lot of the other threads and discussions surrounding the character. I'm not super into the idea myself, like I said I just want to actually discuss the character cause he's really cool and haven't heard it discussed. It might be a meh idea though.

It could be anywhere in the low health range (I didn't really think of anything specific lol), I mean if I understood you correctly you'd do tele after the first MB orb then if someone goes for something slower after blocking the teleport armor the MB back 3 into full combo? Cause if they block the tele obviously regular back 3 armorless would get stuffed.
Yup, thats exactly it. Just MB B3 after OHTP and full combo. Of course that will only work on character which doesnt have fast 2-3 hitting move but thats character specific and can be dealt with normal cancel into PP if done fast enough.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
I came up with a way to always block MMH's teleport, I don't know how reliable it is.
Block low, and a moment after MMH enters the ground with the teleport, block forward. It's very similar to blocking DD's ES, the mid teleport will be blocked by blocking low, and by switching to blocking high to the other direction you block MMH's OH teleport too in a way that you can punish.

So tell me how practical it is in a real match. Doesn't sound too hard to me, and if it's good than here you go, free combo punish of your fastest poke (up to 8 frames)

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I play WW. I don't think she has as good of a high/low game as you say. Her b2 can be just as obvious as MMH's b2. Hell, it glows for goodness sake. And MMH's Lows hit farther away than hers, meaning there is less of the 'Can't hit me with an overhead/low here' range in neutral.
Her range on her mixup maxes out around where her b1 reaches. Her dashes play a mind game on the mixup oki game as well.

MMH only out ranges with trait on.

SZSR

Noob
Quick question Martians, when you do overhead teleport and it's blocked, can you avoid any advancing normals (e.g., f2, 3 from Superman) or must you block the follow up?

Espio

Kokomo
Quick question Martians, when you do overhead teleport and it's blocked, can you avoid any advancing normals (e.g., f2, 3 from Superman) or must you block the follow up?
Green Lantern and Sinestro for example I believe get normal checks and quite possibly more characters do too, like Superman and Aquaman.

Shazam has that really far reaching string, I dunno the input/name, but I could see that reaching him.

SZSR

Noob
Green Lantern and Sinestro for example I believe get normal checks and quite possibly more characters do too, like Superman and Aquaman.

Shazam has that really far reaching string, I dunno the input/name, but I could see that reaching him.
GL and Sinestro can check with their b1s? I don't like the long reaching moves for aquaman aside from f2, and that didn't work the times I tried it.

Shazam's b2, 3 you mean? (It's the elbow, shoulder ram string) That's really far but I think it's punishable on block.