What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

ReZo

MKX
I think after Stormwatch (I think that was the name of it?), they're going to keep him exclusive to JLA. Better for him to build a fanbase leading the JLA than just throwing him his own book right away and risking it failing.
EDIT: Double Posting Like a Boss
Ahh you make quite a valid point. I can't argue it either way, as long as its MMH, I dont care what form its in

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
NRS srsly should of gave MMH the ability to morph into your opponent like Shang in MK9.
After all MMH is a shape-shifter.

MMH seems like mid-ranged character with his trait active, while having the ability to counter zoners

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
NRS srsly should of gave MMH the ability to morph into your opponent like Shang in MK9.
After all MMH is a shape-shifter.

MMH seems like mid-ranged character with his trait active, while having the ability to counter zoners

He does shift into your opponent in his super, which is kinda cool I thought.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
No. i mean during regular combat. not during super.
MMH morph into the other dude's character. taste of their own medicine

ferncaz95

Vicariously living through Dick
So do you guys think J'onn's intangibility is going to be used outside of a combo attack? Or was that move in the reveal trailer already a special?

So do you guys think J'onn's intangibility is going to be used outside of a combo attack? Or was that move in the reveal trailer already a special?
If by combo attack, you mean special attack, then I doubt it. But I was thinking that his ability where he "teleports" through the ground was him going intangible and moving through the floor very quickly to come up and uppercut the opponent.

Of course, I could be completely misunderstanding you lol.

Uotan

Unban Joker
I am also stumped on this as well. I hope they give him his own book, would be great! Nobody seems to really know as of right now it seems
He has a backup-series in the Justice League of America comic atm that will likely be collected in a TPB, similar to the Shazam backup in Justice League proper.

dude u seem like u read JLA New 52 too!! :D
Question - did the latest issue's DC Proudly Presents You The Martian Manhunter in the end mean that MMH is gonna have his own book? instead of the miniseries?
I really hope so!He is just awesome in New 52!Also does the boss of Secret Society remind you more of Joker in this last issue. Because I thought it was him in the 3rd issue and sais that on forums here, but now he electrified Catwoman with a joybuzzer

Looks like he has no direct projectile like trident throw, heat zap or battarangs. Looks more like a setup character than a zoner. Could be a hybrid though.

I wonder if those Quan Chi looking ground runes launch. If they do it looks like you'll end your combo with those "force balls" and then rune ahead or behind them...launch into teleport punch combo.

I really dig what they've done with him although I do wish he could do the whole Shang Tsung soul steal. I thought that would have been his trait.
That was what I hoped for! I wanted him to be my new Shang. But at least he turns into his opponent in his Super:)Triple projectiles and ground launchers are good enough!

They said Zod would be the best zones..
I haven't keeled before his whack ass since his release.
Anyways I hope MMH is as good as he looks and not a DLC letdown.
Also excited for the black GL, Jon Stewart. Shayeras a happy Hawk.

Also when is al these release dates?
I'd like to know
I hope he's not like Lex Luthor... placing the force balls, no real projectiles, set-up style character. Oh the salt overload if MMH is that terrible.
MMH can't be a let down for me now for a one simple reason: HE IS IN THE GAME!!!!! I am actually starting to hope he will be like Lex Luthor, because after seeing the trailer where he seems to look really strong too many people are saying they will jump on his vagon:)

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
MMH can't be a let down for me now for a one simple reason: HE IS IN THE GAME!!!!! I am actually starting to hope he will be like Lex Luthor, because after seeing the trailer where he seems to look really strong too many people are saying they will jump on his vagon:)
Till we download MMH in matchups and figure him out.
im betting Catwoman bodies him though. ive been seeing Selina coming outta her shell lately.
But this could be great Anti Superman right here. MMH could be what we needed.

Till we download MMH in matchups and figure him out.
im betting Catwoman bodies him though. ive been seeing Selina coming outta her shell lately.
But this could be great Anti Superman right here. MMH could be what we needed.
None of that matters, I'll only play MMH 100% even if Lobo bodies him!

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
None of that matters, I'll only play MMH 100% even if Lobo bodies him!
'character loyalty makes a character great. Everyone thought Harley was bad till Saltface proved otherwise.
Wonderwoman was viewed useless untill AFG showed she was a monster.
Are you the one that will make MMH Earths Fear?

'character loyalty makes a character great. Everyone thought Harley was bad till Saltface proved otherwise.
Wonderwoman was viewed useless untill AFG showed she was a monster.
Are you the one that will make MMH Earths Fear?
Don't care if i am or not, just gonna play him till the Game freaking dies. you really feel your character, in MK9 I knew I'd play Shang from the beginning ( I played him in previous games) I didn't feel anyone in IGAU until this moment!!!!

ReZo

MKX
Yeah I agree, I dont have a character that I truly enjoy using other than Black Adam and SaltyMan Grundy. Hopefully MMH will be the character I have been looking for as well. He looks amazing, So I am extremely excited :D