What's new

Question Why was Kabal so good?

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
i actually liked Kabal.... fighting him was annoying as shit.... but i liked that character, and i actually want him back in KP3.... :3

"**shhhhh**..... let's see what you made of"

Israel

Noob
Kabal was the only char in game with swag. NRS did a good job with him, there should always be atleast 1 char like him in a game...in my opinion. Like Viper in Streetfighter and/or marvel. Someone who requires a lot, but if played at that peak, u can do anything (Viper/Kabal), but u gotta come with it, if u want to be the best with them (reo/cdjr/PL , Wolfkrone, marlinpie) I dont feel as mkx has anyone like him. noone has swag

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
dood u crouch u can do any ur dagger pressure? tell me plz
Skarlet basic gameplan was to condition you to block, you block against Skarlet its a win for her.

You block crouching and you get opened by overheads
You block standing, and you get chipped.

You would want to crouch most of the time indeed to avoid the chip, but that 18f overhead many ppl were saying is reactable, couldn't even react to it due her other options when you crouch, besides she had a 13f overhead.

But that is just basic game plan.

She also had one of the best walkspeeds in the game, and had a really solid neutral game against any character, among all characters, trip guard was very natural to her as well.
All that in combination with her dagger game she was in for business.

Crouching to avoid everything really doesn't help much against Skarlet, a good Skarlet player would know when to make you forget about your turn and worry more about blocking.

Fuzzy guard didn't help much, either you get caught block standing for chip, either you get hit by a very delayable overhead, either you get baited out or thrown of your fuzzy.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
dood
Skarlet basic gameplan was to condition you to block, you block against Skarlet its a win for her.

You block crouching and you get opened by overheads
You block standing, and you get chipped.

You would want to crouch most of the time indeed to avoid the chip, but that 18f overhead many ppl were saying is reactable, couldn't even react to it due her other options when you crouch, besides she had a 13f overhead.

But that is just basic game plan.

She also had one of the best walkspeeds in the game, and had a really solid neutral game against any character, among all characters, trip guard was very natural to her as well.
All that in combination with her dagger game she was in for business.

Crouching to avoid everything really doesn't help much against Skarlet, a good Skarlet player would know when to make you forget about your turn and worry more about blocking.

Fuzzy guard didn't help much, either you get caught block standing for chip, either you get hit by a very delayable overhead, either you get baited out or thrown of your fuzzy.
pleaseee... her overhead is completely reactable and most skarlets are frauds and try to poke after slide on block which was -3 i think if i recall right.. get f4d

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So why did Skarlet never do anything competitively?

Or rather, perhaps I should ask, why was Skarlet not as frequently seen as Cage, Kung Lao, Kabal, Sonya, Smoke, Cyrax, etc?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

Or rather, perhaps I should ask, why was Skarlet not as frequently seen as Cage, Kung Lao, Kabal, Sonya, Smoke, Cyrax, etc?
High execution barrier I think.

Scar did awesome shit with her though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

The true Skarlet players didn't travel much, money issues.
She wasn't a character easier to pick as well, very dificult to master, but very rewarding, problem is, every other top 10 character could to what she does far more easier, like the ones you mentioned before.

Most people agreed that skarlet had even higher execution requirements than kabal, reo also said this. She wasn't a very popular character, because no one really knew anything about the character. Results and tournament placings don't always tell you the whole story, cyrax didnt win a major until the last evo and I don't remember sonya ever winning one. Scar placed top 2/3 with Skarlt at Final round I believe, but he didn't get to that level until half a year before injustice became the main nrs game.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I wonder what Kabal would have been like on a HitBox. O_O
REO used to play Kabal with a hitbox until he went to pad because he "felt like it was cheating". That was the same reason why he didn't play Kabal early into the game's life and went to Mileena. REO was a naive man who put honor before the Ws back in the day.

Pig was the opposite. He ditched Mileena and CSZ to play Kenshi but in MKX fails to drop Kenshi for a top tier for some reason.

REO used to play Kabal with a hitbox until he went to pad because he "felt like it was cheating". That was the same reason why he didn't play Kabal early into the game's life and went to Mileena. REO was a naive man who put honor before the Ws back in the day.

Pig was the opposite. He ditched Mileena and CSZ to play Kenshi but in MKX fails to drop Kenshi for a top tier for some reason.
dude do you even KTP?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
WHO SHOULD I BELIEVE
The 5 years i spent breaking down Skarlet with the rest of the Skarlet community i've never seen this guy, and i can name all of them with my 10 fingers, so i dunno who that hell ATK is, i've never once seen he playing Skarlet anyway, reason why he is not in that video as well though.