What's new

General/Other - TriBorg Why Triborg is mostly balanced and only nerfs/buffs he MIGHT need since only day 4

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
So can Scorp and just because it's hard to block doesn't mean it's broke. Also you can back dash out if you time it right. ALSO armor and punish if it's 7-8 frames fast with good reach. Try labbing it
Scorp has not hard to blockables, man.

I did, and if the cyrax player has the correct timing, there's nothing to do. And he doesn't even have to spend meter in the process...

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Scorp has not hard to blockables, man.

I did, and if the cyrax player has the correct timing, there's nothing to do.
I meant on the 100% with Scorp sorry should of clarified. And if the Cyrax player does it perfectly one of the hits become a mid lol. And if he does it a fram or 2 apart just block over head low on the net low bomb b2 setup. If he delays the over head to hit last you are able to armor/backdash/fast poke.

ismael4790

I meant on the 100% with Scorp sorry should of clarified. And if the Cyrax player does it perfectly one of the hits become a mid lol. And if he does it a fram or 2 apart just block over head low on the net low bomb b2 setup. If he delays the over head to hit last you are able to armor/backdash/fast poke.
We have just said bye to stuff less broken than this with Quan chi nerf. You really think this is going to walk away untouched?

Sunny_D

i only tried with a few characters so your saying he can be stopped from a bunch of his sets? Also to everyone else is it hard to open people up with smoke?
It can be if they know the matchup. I usually only play him against zoners and counter zone/zone with smoke bombs from full screen. When they try to run in just b21 teleport string or stagger the b2 and run up grab if they block on reaction

Sunny_D

We have just said bye to stuff less broken than this with Quan chi nerf. You really think this is going to walk away untouched?
I think it SHOULD be untouched. If they have to nerf him take away wake up armor so that once he's down you can pressure to make it fair.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
It can be if they know the matchup. I usually only play him against zoners and counter zone/zone with smoke bombs from full screen. When they try to run in just b21 teleport string or stagger the b2 and run up grab if they block on reaction
i played against mileena and it seems like she has to run in and it is hard for her to stop smoke after his EX smoke bomb but other then that the only problem i had was A list Johny Cage i could not get out of pressure any help with that MU so far or i got to wait?

ismael4790

I think it SHOULD be untouched. If they have to nerf him take away wake up armor so that once he's down you can pressure to make it fair.
It is only my opinion, but I think hard to blockables are the cancer of this game, and all of them should be removed. One thing is a 50/50, reactions are involved. Hard to blockables are pure lottery, and luck shouldn't be a factor in this game, I think.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see what happens at Final Round if all of this stuff stays xD

Sunny_D

i played against mileena and it seems like she has to run in and it is hard for her to stop smoke after his EX smoke bomb but other then that the only problem i had was A list Johny Cage i could not get out of pressure any help with that MU so far or i got to wait?
Every character has bad match ups, and since smoke is just a variation he's prone to have a bit more bad match ups. However they all can be won if played differently so don't give up hope yet! My take on the A-list matchup is just stay full screen zoning and on a read neutral duck his ex kick and punish full screen. It can be a pretty hard matchup though.

Sunny_D

It is only my opinion, but I think hard to blockables are the cancer of this game, and all of them should be removed. One thing is a 50/50, reactions are involved. Hard to blockables are pure lottery, and luck shouldn't be a factor in this game, I think.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see what happens at Final Round if all of this stuff remains xD
I support your opinion aswell but I think it's kind of cool to have a character based around hard to blockables and setups. If every character had one then I can see this game being a mess but if Cyrax is the only variation in game with them and everything else of his is unsafe then you still have to have good neutral game to use him right

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Smoke bomb should be buffed so it is a legitimate projectile and not just a combo extender. 31 frame start up? lol
Make it a lot faster and remove the chip damage and I'd be happy with Smoke. But currently, not sure if anybody on this site noticed, I'm furious with how Smoke turned out. I want to run away and throw Smoke bombs. I don't want be Batgirl and vortex to death. I'd rather maximise my damage and play lame. Hell, they can take away the low starter for all I care.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
t
I support your opinion aswell but I think it's kind of cool to have a character based around hard to blockables and setups. If every character had one then I can see this game being a mess but if Cyrax is the only variation in game with them and everything else of his is unsafe then you still have to have good neutral game to use him right
thanks for the help.

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
Smoke is the worst of the other 3 bots. His normals always whiff during combos, can't combo b1 into sb consistently unless you use meter, no armor wake up game, and can't phase thru sub zeros ice clones. (He's free to GM sub btw). Its not fun playing smoke right now compared to the other bots

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Smoke is the worst of the other 3 bots. His normals always whiff during combos, can't combo b1 into sb consistently unless you use meter, no armor wake up game, and can't phase thru sub zeros ice clones. (He's free to GM sub btw). Its not fun playing smoke right now compared to the other bots
Speak for yourself man I'm loving him like craaazy. Most fun I've had in a long time

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
So the testers still win, ha anyway look at this game and its mentality, its a fucking joke, but yeh keep playing bro's....

Immortal

Blind justice....
Man, TYM is "leveling up like crazy", now you can get straight up answer what's broken or is balanced after 1-3 days of it's release.

This thread like other XXX about "is balanced / broken" should been locked or deleted 5 minutes after it were created.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see what happens at Final Round if all of this stuff stays xD
I agree. I hate hard to blockables and was the one thing I hated about fighting summoner Quan. All it took was one hit and you had to guess what was coming next. There were times blocking correctly felt so good though and having Quan break immediately if he had meter.

I do believe at final round we'll truly see what these robots can do by sonic and other big names. At first I was against DLC being able to be used, but I think it will allows NRS to see what needs fixing and allow for more balance changes in the game to characters that were overlooked or overly nerfed.

Make it a lot faster and remove the chip damage and I'd be happy with Smoke. But currently, not sure if anybody on this site noticed, I'm furious with how Smoke turned out. I want to run away and throw Smoke bombs. I don't want be Batgirl and vortex to death. I'd rather maximise my damage and play lame. Hell, they can take away the low starter for all I care.
You can play dumb with smoke, and I agree I don't want to vortex my way to victory except on a rare occasion, but some folks love doing that.

This entire week I've gotten nothing but smoke matches and I'm over here like, wtf? Why no sektor or cyrax?

I fought someone yesterday using smoke who would lame me out the entire way. As I would approach he would just do b21 at the most random times and I kept getting caught by it. I've been playing more aggressive with Kitana lately so at times I wasn't patient enough when that's usually how I play her.

Anyway, today I had someone finally pick sektor and I wanted to jump off a cliff lol. He was doing some heavy zoning with the air and straight rockets that I was hard to get in.

He would throw some air missles, mix it in with straight ones or a slide. It was always a guess becaus he can direct the air missles to hit you from where you're at or close if you decide to run. I had to respect him a lot and I was getting frustrated.

All it took was one hit off the air missles and he would combo me every time. I had to take a break I was getting so salty lol.

I think I like sektor out of all the robots because of the zoning and outrageous hit advantage the missles have that allow for big combos. If someone can use him well, good luck and GGs lol.