What's new

Question - Master of Storms Why does no one play MoS?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
There is no way to safely activate an orb on block, which sucks.
There's some corner tech you can do with ex orb but it's pretty meh.
I also hate how much it affects gravity making combos lose a lot of damage.
I think it's his most interesting variation but also the most useless :(

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Oh don't look at me as if i'm an authority on him, i'm just asking an honest question I don't know why people don't use him I thought he looked useable.
I have a little 2nd-hand knowledge of the variation. Answering my questions would deliberately and definitively answer your own.

I think master of storms is a really good variation. He gets a lot of damage, 41% 1bar mid screen without jump in, 41% into guaranteed orbs in the corner, he has good plus frames. He has armor scare. Being playing it along side dualist and my only problems are the orbs being high and having bad recovery.He has a safe wakeup even tho its high, he has a 6frame high for punishes, 8 frame mid, few plus twos, good spacing tools, hes awesome.

Imo the orb shouldn't hit high and it should have better recovery. Canceling orb on block shouldn't be safe tho.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I have a little 2nd-hand knowledge of the variation. Answering my questions would deliberately and definitively answer your own.
I was just saying I didn't know the reason people never used him but plenty of you put down pretty reasonable reasons I can see why now.

GAV

I was just saying I didn't know the reason people never used him but plenty of you put down pretty reasonable reasons I can see why now.
The main thing I see is that he's just kind of easy to defend against.

GAV

U still need some combos?
I'm just trying to point out why he isn't good through the right questions.

Visualization is preferable to concrete answers, IMO. That way, we can see from the same angle rather than me presuming to make a conclusion and you just confirming or denying it. Then, you can come to your own conclusion.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
There is no way to safely activate an orb on block, which sucks.
There's some corner tech you can do with ex orb but it's pretty meh.
I also hate how much it affects gravity making combos lose a lot of damage.
I think it's his most interesting variation but also the most useless :(
This pretty much.

I think master of storms is a really good variation. He gets a lot of damage, 41% 1bar mid screen without jump in, 41% into guaranteed orbs in the corner, he has good plus frames. He has armor scare. Being playing it along side dualist and my only problems are the orbs being high and having bad recovery.He has a safe wakeup even tho its high, he has a 6frame high for punishes, 8 frame mid, few plus twos, good spacing tools, hes awesome.

Imo the orb shouldn't hit high and it should have better recovery. Canceling orb on block shouldn't be safe tho.
Displacer has the same damage output and get a really good teleport. Also what plus frames and guaranteed orb setups are u talking about are u talking about?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
@UsedForGlue Plays Master of Storms pretty well.
Thanks man lol.

I played him well at a time, but now I just pocket him.

I basically set a orb behind, and then once I connect it, I throw out the back one before moving forward again so I constantly move forward with a threat of an orb. I think in a game against any character that can abuse his lack of mids, this really works best for them, even though the orb hits high, weirdly enough lol

I main this variation from the beginning,all i can say his traps are useless,nrs just can`t buff this variation,he must have at least a +5,+6 string into trap,fullscreen trap,his up,forward trap must be active immediately to do 50/50 with b3 shocker or b2 shocker into air trap to do meterless midscreen combos or just give him better zoning tools with knockdown.I can do 38-41% combos with 1 meter,i know stylish combos in the corner with traps 38-42%meterless,but unfortunately,i can`t win against op characters,like summoner quan,kitana,shinnok or tanya.If this variation won`t receive something really useful to punish zoning bitches,it would be dead as now,no one will play this character competitively.

Last edited:
for example his 1 string must be +4 al least to place safely his first trap to continue the pressure with the second trap,because if my opponent know i`ll place the second trap,he`ll do backdash or backjump to run from this pressure and do back lp into overhead,low,vortex(quan chi) and i`m finished,i must punish them with something,but raiden flpmp doesn`t have good range

Vaiist

Noob
What buffs would be good other than making the orbs mids?
- Better recovery on orbs
- More tic damage
- Faster tic frequency for armor breaking
- EX full traps come out on hit (seriously, why is he the only character who loses his attack when he uses the armor?)
- Throwing orbs farther to prevent back dashing out of them

I'm not saying he needs all of these, but some combination would really help him out.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I main this variation from the beginning,all i can say his traps are useless,nrs just can`t buff this variation,he must have at least a +5,+6 string into trap,fullscreen trap,his up,forward trap must be active immediately to do 50/50 with b3 shocker or b2 shocker into air trap to do meterless midscreen combos or just give him better zoning tools with knockdown.I can do 38-41% combos with 1 meter,i know stylish combos in the corner with traps 38-42%meterless,but unfortunately,i can`t win against op characters,like summoner quan,KITANA,shinnok or tanya.If this variation won`t receive something really useful to punish zoning bitches,it would be dead as now,no one will play this character competitively.
wut

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Has anybody got ANY MoS match footage in tournament/high level that I can watch?

Everyone talks about how rubbish it is, but I never get the chance to see it :(