What's new

Question - Blood God Why did I die? Is Blood God Bugged?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Let me start by saying this is weird, and seemingly unbelievable, but it's now happened to me twice. Both times when I'm Smoke, and my opponent is Blood God.

The first time it was round 3. Kotal had maybe 50-60% life, and I had about 15%. In the middle of comboing Kotal, I drop dead and he wins. No, time didnt run out. It was under 30 seconds, but it didnt run out. No, I wasnt standing in sunlight. In fact I had complete advantage as this was the 2nd pass on the vortex. Kotal had NOTHING out.

Very strange. I thought I had missed something so I didnt want to make a big stink about it. Then last night it happened again.

This time it was round 1. I had about 5% health, and Kotal around 10%. Again, Kotal has NOTHING out. I catch him, and in the middle of the combo I fall down dead. This time I was paying attention. There was exactly 6 seconds left on the clock. Confirmed I didnt die from a timeout or some kind of DOT on the screen.

This hasn't happened to me against any other character, so logically I think it's a Blood God thing, but it may not be. The reason I'm posting here is to see if any Blood God mains had experienced this.

What in the fuck is going on? Has anyone else experienced this? Who should be tagged?

Edit: Imagine this happening in a tournament situation...

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
But dont you have to start recording before it happens? LOL

I wasnt expecting it to happen again so I didnt think anything of it. Believe me, next time a Blood God comes up, I will be recording.
Nah, you can view like the past 15 minutes and whatnot then cut it up and upload it :p

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Welcome to the future lol you know for next at least :p
I just never use it, so I know next to nothing about it. Haha.

Either way, I'll be prepared. I think I'm going to call up some friends and attempt to recreate the scenario. Both times I was low health, so I'm wondering if it's some glitch with roll back net code thinking i'm supposed to be dead or something.

@16 Bit has anyone else reported this to NRS? I swear to you I'm not making this up. lol.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
We live in an age of "video or it didn't happen"

So, video or it didn't happen ;)
Yeah, this is what I was worried about. I created this thread and deleted if a few times just because of this. But I had to make it because it could be a legit issue. So at the risk of looking like an ass I posted it.

E

Eldriken

That's really weird. Hopefully you can recreate it so we can see what's going on.

Do you have the game set to save your matches? If so, see if those matches are still there.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Do you like doing Blood Sacrifice a lot? Because if you do there's your answer right there.

Israel

Noob
Ya got lag switched bro...

Nah seriously, go play some more online or even single player, and see what happens.. if u can provide video to the people, u may just be the reason the game gets another update to avoid tragedy at tournaments!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
That's really weird. Hopefully you can recreate it so we can see what's going on.

Do you have the game set to save your matches? If so, see if those matches are still there.
No, I dont really dick around with recording anything. I basically gave up on uploading shit back in the day because it always failed. That's going to change now.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Let me start by saying this is weird, and seemingly unbelievable, but it's now happened to me twice. Both times when I'm Smoke, and my opponent is Blood God.

The first time it was round 3. Kotal had maybe 50-60% life, and I had about 15%. In the middle of comboing Kotal, I drop dead and he wins. No, time didnt run out. It was under 30 seconds, but it didnt run out. No, I wasnt standing in sunlight. In fact I had complete advantage as this was the 2nd pass on the vortex. Kotal had NOTHING out.

Very strange. I thought I had missed something so I didnt want to make a big stink about it. Then last night it happened again.

This time it was round 1. I had about 5% health, and Kotal around 10%. Again, Kotal has NOTHING out. I catch him, and in the middle of the combo I fall down dead. This time I was paying attention. There was exactly 6 seconds left on the clock. Confirmed I didnt die from a timeout or some kind of DOT on the screen.

This hasn't happened to me against any other character, so logically I think it's a Blood God thing, but it may not be. The reason I'm posting here is to see if any Blood God mains had experienced this.

What in the fuck is going on? Has anyone else experienced this? Who should be tagged?

Edit: Imagine this happening in a tournament situation...
Kotal dishing out aids faster than he slinging pizza