What's new

Question - TriBorg Who is worse? Cyber Subs or Cyrax?

Who is worse, Cyrax or Cyber Sub-Zero?

• Cyrax

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Cyber Sub-Zero

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • They're Equal

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

SwegZero

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO
Both were nerfed pretty hard, and both can be considered mid-low tier. I want to know what the community thinks about it.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im gonna say cyber sub, he gets shit damage and doesnt really have any guaranteed HTB's anymore, cyrax at least has 1 or 2 that have to be respected. Also cyber sub had some decent zoning before when he could fire off iceball quicker.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Neither are really bad. They just have to be played a bit more patient. Cyrax has potential to be devastating. Just requires the reads and isn't free to do as he pleases.

CSZ has excellent corner carry with all of his combos and once they're in that corner you can set up HTBs. You have to make reads to make them work but that makes him fair.

Are they strong characters? They were definitely nerfed too hard imo but so was all of Triborg. In the hands of a decent player they can work with the right gameplan.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
honestly i think Cyrax and CSZ are both bottom 10 or below, but i think CSZ is worse, Cyrax got nerfed harder though

Tweedy

Noob
If the patch actually BALANCED things, nobody would have to.
It depends on what people think balance is. What happened to Lord Tanya is not cool. You can't just kill characters. Well I guess NRS can and will. :(

And I know people still say that Kobu Jutsu is good. She's like Buzzsaw Kung Lao, except her little mix ups are unsafe. No one is gonna do anything with any variation of Tanya. The only reason people don't just outright say she's the worst in the game, is because it's such a drastic change and people hate her so badly. At least imo.

Raiden is another example. If I played Raiden and watched a video of Cutthroat Kano making himself +12 with B121 EX buff, i'd probably quit the game. Balancing is not fair on this game and it happened too frequently. "Kung Lao can't jail off of his mids, Liu Kang shouldn't either", but now we're rocking with jailing off of 50/50s? This is a prime example of why fast patching is bad.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
It depends on what people think balance is. What happened to Lord Tanya is not cool. You can't just kill characters. Well I guess NRS can and will. :(

And I know people still say that Kobu Jutsu is good. She's like Buzzsaw Kung Lao, except her little mix ups are unsafe. No one is gonna do anything with any variation of Tanya. The only reason people don't just outright say she's the worst in the game, is because it's such a drastic change and people hate her so badly. At least imo.

Raiden is another example. If I played Raiden and watched a video of Cutthroat Kano making himself +12 with B121 EX buff, i'd probably quit the game. Balancing is not fair on this game and it happened too frequently. "Kung Lao can't jail off of his mids, Liu Kang shouldn't either", but now we're rocking with jailing off of 50/50s? This is a prime example of why fast patching is bad.
That's pretty much what I'm saying dude, they've made some incredibly poor balance decisions it shouldn't have taken this long and still be so inconsistent. I get that it's better than their past efforts, and that it's not uncompetitive levels of bad balance, but if they just balanced sensibly where people didn't have to drop their mains to compete, then mid season patches wouldn't be an issue.

If people are just complaining because their #1 OP death machine character got toned down to mid tier, that's a different story. That's what balance is and you don't need to drop your main to compete just because he lost the bullshit that puts him/her SIGNIFICANTLY above the rest of the game.

That's My opinion anyway. If you are going to do it, do it right from the start. Put a bit more time and thought into your decisions Paulo.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Cyrax is better, without a doubt.

CSZ has excellent corner carry with all of his combos and once they're in that corner you can set up HTBs.
His corner carry is great but his corner game is ass. Because he can be poked out of all follow ups after ending a combo in F2, Bomb the risk reward is never in his favour. The only one thing he has going for him still is his mobility, which doesn't play a factor in the corner, so why play for the corner when you can still somewhat play CSZ's game midscreen.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Neither are really bad. They just have to be played a bit more patient. Cyrax has potential to be devastating. Just requires the reads and isn't free to do as he pleases.

CSZ has excellent corner carry with all of his combos and once they're in that corner you can set up HTBs. You have to make reads to make them work but that makes him fair.

Are they strong characters? They were definitely nerfed too hard imo but so was all of Triborg. In the hands of a decent player they can work with the right gameplan.
CSZ is one of those characters that is very good in theory. F2 has amazing range and is +2 (though Cyber Sub doesn't get much use off of +2); B2 has a mixup with raw B2, B2~slide and B2~EXiceball; his corner carry is indeed extremely good and leads to hard-to-blockables; divekicks give him terrific mobility...

CSZ is also one of those characters that is not very good in practice. His damage is pathetic, rivaling Reptile at launch in terms of crappy damage (which can definitely kill a character); Triborg's best whiff punisher F13 gets Cyber Sub nothing unless he wants to spend a bar for about 25% damage, you'll have to load a drone to get a drone-enhanced F12 which leads to about 25-27% meterless; his setups in the corner require him to end in 1112, which doesn't leave Cyber Sub with much advantage after setting up a bomb, or to end in F2, which sacrifices a lot of damage. HTBs are great, but in this case they lead to again like 25% damage. Cyrax has his net to make sure the looping of HTBs can continue, while his setups often require specific ways to get out (some you can backdash/armor, others you cannot). Cyber Sub's setups often get blown up by simply armoring out.

CSZ is one of those characters that is very good in theory. F2 has amazing range and is +2 (though Cyber Sub doesn't get much use off of +2); B2 has a mixup with raw B2, B2~slide and B2~EXiceball; his corner carry is indeed extremely good and leads to hard-to-blockables; divekicks give him terrific mobility...

CSZ is also one of those characters that is not very good in practice. His damage is pathetic, rivaling Reptile at launch in terms of crappy damage (which can definitely kill a character); Triborg's best whiff punisher F13 gets Cyber Sub nothing unless he wants to spend a bar for about 25% damage, you'll have to load a drone to get a drone-enhanced F12 which leads to about 25-27% meterless; his setups in the corner require him to end in 1112, which doesn't leave Cyber Sub with much advantage after setting up a bomb, or to end in F2, which sacrifices a lot of damage. HTBs are great, but in this case they lead to again like 25% damage. Cyrax has his net to make sure the looping of HTBs can continue, while his setups often require specific ways to get out (some you can backdash/armor, others you cannot). Cyber Sub's setups often get blown up by simply armoring out.

well said! i just want to add f2 can be neutral ducked (like 90% of his strings) and whiff punished.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

Yep. Adding that you don't even need armor. You can literally poke out of every single HTB set up