What's new

What do you think of MMH?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
From what I've seen of all the Batman players I've seen online that can completely obliterate KoTH and Suvivor lobbies, Trait and ji2 was everything for them. Don't tell me that's all Batman has, don't tell me that Batman is garbage without them, because I know that is complete BS.
Yeah, J2 is everything haha.

But I don't rely on bats too much, and still do fine.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
Maybe I am wrong...

You disagree?
i do. for some matchups you're right, it doesn't matter too much other than helping your rushdown and getting in become easier and better respectively. it can also help in baiting pushblocks and covering holes while still having another bat after it's used up. but against black adam, say, i feel that trait does a lot for him in that match because it makes black adam have to respect you much more and he can't play his game like he can against most of the cast when you manage your bats correctly.
these are just my feelings, though, and i respect your opinion. also, i don't main batman but i use him in a lot of matchups because using grundy in those makes me want to rip my face off.
i also don't mean to say he doesn't have anything else or is garbage, but without them he is much weaker in my eyes. if he had better strings i might feel differently.

as far as MMH is concerned, his trait is really going to help with both pressure and defense such as when you have the life lead or maintaining corner pressure. it's early, but i think his trait is one of the best things about him.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
i do. for some matchups you're right, it doesn't matter too much other than helping your rushdown and getting in become easier and better respectively. it can also help in baiting pushblocks and covering holes while still having another bat after it's used up. but against black adam, say, i feel that trait does a lot for him in that match because it makes black adam have to respect you much more and he can't play his game like he can against most of the cast when you manage your bats correctly.
these are just my feelings, though, and i respect your opinion. also, i don't main batman but i use him in a lot of matchups because using grundy in those makes me want to rip my face off.
i also don't mean to say he doesn't have anything else or is garbage, but without them he is much weaker in my eyes. if he had better strings i might feel differently.

as far as MMH is concerned, his trait is really going to help with both pressure and defense such as when you have the life lead or maintaining corner pressure. it's early, but i think his trait is one of the best things about him.
That makes sense.

Agreed.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i am honestly in tears laughing at some of the idiotic things being said.. Hes not good?? really? do you reallly think that? Ill give you this he is not easy to learn but there is not possible way this character is bad..
If execution was an excuse for a character being bad then kabal is pretty shiet.
His trait is ridiculuous
His mb db2 is retarrded
His orb pressure is pretty damn cheap
He cannoooot be zoned.
His damage is high. (People need to wake up, 47% is pretty high in this game)
He has safe 50/50s
Has an overhead safe teleport (obviously dont abuse it)
Cant be zoned but has verryyy formidable zoning (yes people its going to take time to learn his zoning, it is not braindead.)
Has a retarded OKI game
Has instant teleports to punish characters like yeesssss superman, gl, or pretty much anyone

REYTHEGREAT

IMO hes OK. And yes he CAN be zoned. Look at how much start up he has teleports. I dont know if its cause it was online or what but i couldnt teleport against a deathstroke player who was shooting like crazy. feel free to try it i practice mode. i might be wrong but by the time MMH hunter gets straighten out and about to tele, you are getting hit by a projectile. and you can out his tele for full punish

For people actually picking him up do not expect easy wins. this character takes time to master. also, his strings have holes in which it can be poked out.

he suffers when getting rushed down

madefok

Fred
I'm definitely making AQUAMAN my 2nd character now.

MARTIAN MANHUNTER is my main character from now on.

Not because he might be TOP 5 (there hasn't been any tournaments displaying his tech), but, because
he has A LOT of COMBO POTENTIAL due to his array of moves.

tazzmission

Banned
love him. hes my number 1 favorite with both arrow and aquaman in the 2 and 3 spot for my top 3.

i will say though it couldnt hurt to have some new stages

VOR

Noob
I don't know, it works pretty well as a whiff punisher, IMO. Have you found anything better?
No but that's the problem. I'm used to playing ba and batgirl who both have really good whiff punishes. Was just seeing if mmh had something comparable to a GL b1 or the ones I mentioned. MMH has b2 and low grab which have good range with trait, but they're both pretty negative on block. I do remember slips saying he was designed to have weaknesses at the mid range, but I was just wondering if anyone has found something to minimize risk in the midrange game and punish whiffs really well.

Another DLC character with a teleport.

At this point, I'm pretty much amazed that at least 90% of TYM hasn't picked up a pocket-Lex to deal with these teleporting DLC characters :)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
IMO hes OK. And yes he CAN be zoned. Look at how much start up he has teleports. I dont know if its cause it was online or what but i couldnt teleport against a deathstroke player who was shooting like crazy. feel free to try it i practice mode. i might be wrong but by the time MMH hunter gets straighten out and about to tele, you are getting hit by a projectile. and you can out his tele for full punish

For people actually picking him up do not expect easy wins. this character takes time to master. also, his strings have holes in which it can be poked out.

he suffers when getting rushed down
he cant be zoned..instant tele is fast enough to kill all zoning.. played a ds today that got instant teled to death.. mayyybbe cyborg if he has the iafb perfect but i doubt that

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
What do I think of MMH? I think I'm gonna make all kinds of retards cry for nerfs. I say let them think this character sucks for as long as they can.

Another DLC character with a teleport.

At this point, I'm pretty much amazed that at least 90% of TYM hasn't picked up a pocket-Lex to deal with these teleporting DLC characters :)
Lex requires thought.

Definitely top five, which I think will become more evident over time. When utilizing all of his tools he has crazy mixups and can forcibly control the flow of the match, much like Scorpion.

Oh, and his combos are notably swagalishious.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I really really like this character. He basically has an ice clone that you can put anywhere on the screen, and if they block it I get to dash in for a free 50/50, that I can make safe if I want. You can have two orbs and a pillar on screen at the same time. His pillar is like Freddy's hell spike it even tracks on mb just Like Freddy's ex hell spikes. They launch for a combo. He can mix you up very crazy and then keep you blocking so he can mix you up. His teleport (the overhead version) is too good and people are gonna cry nerf I fear. The regular one tracks jumps pretty well. His j1 and j3 are really good. His j2 kinda goes well with his air dash. Oh and you can mb that too lol. His projectile with the orbs and pillar make him IMO the best Zoner in the game. If you thought people cried about guns, or laser beams, or scorpions teleport wait till you all drown in the salty tears of people crying for a nerf. Calling it so much crying. He is really that good I feel. I didn't even mention his other tools. Easily one of the best characters in the game . I love martian manhunter. But he will probably get nerfed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RIF

Noob
Top 5. He's yet ANOTHER anti-zoner in this game with a Teleport. People are flocking to him now like they did early Scorpion. That tells me something. No one came out for Lobo or Zod like this. It feels like he shuts a lot of characters for free with his zoning. His normals with trait are absurd. He's another character that forces you to play the game HIS way.

TPs just feel like a cop-out mechanism in this game.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
How can you say he's "okay" when you only had a week feel for him?

I got a good feeling more MMH tech will be discovered and he will be uncovered like Zod as a very good player, top 15 atleast. Like someone mentioned earler, his air dash is sex, trait is sex and has a solid (not the best) teleport) to stop zoners.

37% traitless and meterless
40% meterless

This is how you define bad damage. The only characters in the game that do good damage are... Superman (in the corner only), Black Adam, Grundy and I dunno maybe Bane?

doesn't mean much if you can't land the initial hit.