What's new

Strategy viability of 113 dash cancel

I think I'm going to be dropping green lantern in the long run for cyborg because green lantern is just getting redundant. I think there were 5 greenlanterns in top 8 at project injustice and tuats just absurd.

Can anyone explain how to hit down 2 after 113 dash cancel? They always seem to be tooo low for the combo to connect.

113 dash cancel is pretty gdlk for mixups btw. Crossups, overhead resets, etc just wish I could do the combo afterwards so it isisnt always obvious I'm going for a mixup

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Practice mate. Try 113 xx db2 in the corner first.

As of now it's viability seem to be that it is his only way to score somewhat decent, meter less and midscreen, damage

Edit: You can also expect many cyborgs in the top 8 in the future, so if that is your reason for picking him up than he may not be for you

I guess you just have to dash as soon as possible. Do you have to use db2 or can you also dash off of df2/bf1?

Does it work on grounded opponents?

And Yeah guys were raging on the mic at my hour 1 cyborg last night.

Looking forward to continuing playing him Kappa

IKizzLE

BloodHound
113~dash cancel after j3 is pretty straight forward.
113~dash cancel from standing is criminally hard for me to link anything mid screen.

Can someone post a video of 113 being done from standing?
It would be nice to have that since thats his fastest and most damaging launcher.

Tyram

Noob
113~dash cancel after j3 is pretty straight forward.
113~dash cancel from standing is criminally hard for me to link anything mid screen.

Can someone post a video of 113 being done from standing?
It would be nice to have that since thats his fastest and most damaging launcher.
I'd like to see this as well

AC1984

Kaballin!
D1 is the only thing u can connect from standing 113 dash cancel...after that d1 i tried another 113 or MB overhead and it doesnt work....
Im basically stuck with 113 DF2 cancel, d1 and ??????

IKizzLE

BloodHound
D1 is the only thing u can connect from standing 113 dash cancel...after that d1 i tried another 113 or MB overhead and it doesnt work....
Im basically stuck with 113 DF2 cancel, d1 and ??????
Yea, i hit d1 like 1/10 tries. (Granted, ive had the game for one day so far)
but I think you can do d1,db1~MB.
The combo should be mid thirties but is it worth it over 112 pressure midscreen?
Idk....

You know what NRS should do!
Since they are obviously gonna patch the block infinite iAB, they should make the cancel speed quicker in order to atleast get a standing 2 after the 113 cancel. But i digress....

st9rm

viennality.com
havent been able to connect anything after the 113 df2 cancel, even tried it with db1 cancel and mb cancel, but it only seems to be working out of a jump in 3 to get a full combo
+ if midscreen, i guess it's better to hit confirm the 113 into a target aquired to get some zoning pressure going

AC1984

Kaballin!
Yea, i hit d1 like 1/10 tries. (Granted, ive had the game for one day so far)
but I think you can do d1,db1~MB.
The combo should be mid thirties but is it worth it over 112 pressure midscreen?
Idk....

You know what NRS should do!
Since they are obviously gonna patch the block infinite iAB, they should make the cancel speed quicker in order to atleast get a standing 2 after the 113 cancel. But i digress....
That would be awesome....I would love to be able to construct combos off that shit....Also, I hope they fix the dashes a little bit....
Btw, D1 into db1 MB is not even worth the try if u ask me....I dont get the D1 every time so would just go for some kind of mix up after the cancel.

P.s. does anyone have a legit tested video of that block infinite???

st9rm

viennality.com
i guess it's a good idea to use this thread for db1, db2, bf1 dash cancels in general
the 113 string is -18 on block, but i guess you're at least at 0 if you cancel it and go for another 113 and so on
also, i think it's awesome for pressure, similar to kabals dash cancel pressure game

can anyone test and confirm, that it's either negative, positive or at least 0 on block?
i've tried setting the practice dummy to jump, and i'm able to jump at the same time as him, after dash canceling

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
i guess it's a good idea to use this thread for db1, db2, bf1 dash cancels in general
the 113 string is -18 on block, but i guess you're at least at 0 if you cancel it and go for another 113 and so on
also, i think it's awesome for pressure, similar to kabals dash cancel pressure game

can anyone test and confirm, that it's either negative, positive or at least 0 on block?
i've tried setting the practice dummy to jump, and i'm able to jump at the same time as him, after dash canceling

It's -7 on block. You might be thinking of 112 which is +18 on block

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
true, hehe :p
what about canceling the move and dashing afterwards, does it leave you at + or 0 ? or still - ?
It honestly looks like 0 or +1. I'll need to test with someone offline today to tell you if I'm correct or not

st9rm

viennality.com
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've honestly started using F22 iafb as well.
havent tried that one yet, but seems interessting
been trying to start combos with j3 iafb though, still have to experiment a lot on it tho, since i can only get some damage goin in the corner

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
havent been able to connect anything after the 113 df2 cancel, even tried it with db1 cancel and mb cancel, but it only seems to be working out of a jump in 3 to get a full combo
+ if midscreen, i guess it's better to hit confirm the 113 into a target aquired to get some zoning pressure going
Dash cancel to d1-db1 connects without j3. That's his only loop combo. But I don't think it's worth the meter if you decide to burn it.

st9rm

viennality.com
Dash cancel to d1-db1 connects without j3. That's his only loop combo. But I don't think it's worth the meter if you decide to burn it.
yeh, absolutely not worth the meter i guess, so you cant hitconfirm into a bb or ff 3 after the d1 ?

I have been trying to get the dash cancel into a d2 after j3 like FinalLifeG does in his videos but i can't for the life of me connect with that d2.... =(