What's new

Match-up Discussion Updated Killer Frost MU Chart

Back dashing means NW doesn't have to play a game that's in KF favor. Thus, it's good if you are letting him out of an unfavorable situation for free. Wing dings are a bonus, not meant to be done every time to avoid conditioning.

why not? the risk/reward for doing a mere 11% doesn't seem to be so advantageous for Nightwing. Guess wrong on 1 vortex and you eat a guaranteed 70%
There's no risk for NW after a slide if you do nothing. He doesn't have to wing ding. It's just a bonus.

NW is looking for post slide game not post slide-back dash game. If you slide to back dash NW doesn't have to react and you let him out of an unfavorable situation for free. It's a lost opportunity for KF not NW.

Edit: Oh and btw flip kick MB catches back dash after slide. It doesn't catch forward dash but d12 would hit in that case.

astronout

see you at the top.
There's no risk for NW after a slide if you do nothing. He doesn't have to wing ding. It's just a bonus.

NW is looking for post slide game not post slide-back dash game. If you slide to back dash NW doesn't have to react and you let him out of an unfavorable situation for free. It's a lost opportunity for KF not NW.

Edit: Oh and btw flip kick MB catches back dash after slide. It doesn't catch forward dash but d12 would hit in that case.
a blocked slide isn't suppose to be a risk for nightwing. a move that -4 on block isn't meant to start pressure. nobody seems to understand that.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
so simply stand there and blocking negates all of nightwings options? nice!
Man I didnt say all that. You made it seem like a back dash would make NW helpless when he can and will blow up back dash with a full combo. Its still risky due to parry and mb f3, but it still makes you think twice before backdashing

astronout

see you at the top.
Man I didnt say all that. You made it seem like a back dash would make NW helpless when he can and will blow up back dash with a full combo. Its still risky due to parry and maybe f3, but it still makes you think twice before backdashing
no, I'm saying that standing there does in fact negate all of his options. D12, b2, wing dings, flip kick, are all negated by simply standing there.

astronout

see you at the top.
Why would you be spending meter to push block?

The situation favors you not NW.
Incorrect. Being -4 is never advantageous for Killer Frost. Rather, Frost has "better" options after a blocked slide against some characters than others. Nothing more.

no, I'm saying that standing there does in fact negate all of his options. D12, b2, wing dings, flip kick, are all negated by simply standing there.
NW has no options after slide, the move is safe. What he has are post-slide options. Re-read my post I outlined it pretty clearly what he has and also explained why it's in KF favor.

astronout

see you at the top.
NW has no options after slide, the move is safe. What he has are post-slide options. Re-read my post I outlined it pretty clearly what he has and also explained why it's in KF favor.
you're continuing to contradict yourself. you say that he has no options after slide, but your original post outlines his options after slide? I'm sure you can understand why I may be confused. you also say that the MU is even, but insist that the post slide game is in Frost's favor. We've also established that she also out-zones, damages, and footsies him so again, I really confused as to why you would believe the MU could be even. 6-4 does not mean unwinnable, regardless of what people on this site may think. rather, it's saying that character A has a slight advantage over character B. nothing more.

you're continuing to contradict yourself. you say that he has no options after slide, but your original post outlines his options after slide? I'm sure you can understand why I may be confused. you also say that the MU is even, but insist that the post slide game is in Frost's favor. We've also established that she also out-zones, damages, and footsies him so again, I really confused as to why you would believe the MU could be even. 6-4 does not mean unwinnable, regardless of what people on this site may think. rather, it's saying that character A has a slight advantage over character B. nothing more.
First, allow me to clear the confusion for you. When I say no options I mean no punishment options. I clearly outline what NW's options are after the slide which =/= punishment options. You say that because you can stand block all of NW's options (and I'll assume by this you mean properly react to a flip kick MB as well) that NW has no options. I agree with you that NW has no punishment options because the slide is safe. So to clear things up, NW has no direct punish for the slide. In fact no character in the entire game has a punish for it either. Every character is forced to play is their own version of the post-slide game. My post outlines the post-slide game in Escrima stance, which I believe to be superior than Staff stance.

Secondaly, my post does not address anything outside of the post-slide game. Agree or disagree with the points in my post as they relate to the post-slide game but don't start bringing up other aspects of the MU as argumentative points against my post because they do not relate.

Finally, the reason I would think the MU even outside of the post-slide game is because I don't see anything that really makes it bad for NW. She may throw a dagger or two before she can't throw any more.

astronout

see you at the top.
Finally, the reason I would think the MU even outside of the post-slide game is because I don't see anything that really makes it bad for NW. She may throw a dagger or two before she can't throw any more.
What makes it advantageous for Killer Frost are her superior damage output, zoning, and footsie tools. a dagger or two? who are we trying to fool here? how is nightwing getting in? his dash? his footsie tools? jumping? random flying graysons? all of those options are easily negated my either MBF3 or slide on reaction. what you need to do is play someone who isn't going to succumb to any of nightwing's shenanigans just because most have a lack of match up knowledge.

What makes it advantageous for Killer Frost are her superior damage output, zoning, and footsie tools. a dagger or two? who are we trying to fool here? how is nightwing getting in? his dash? his footsie tools? jumping? random flying graysons? all of those options are easily negated my either MBF3 or slide on reaction. what you need to do is play someone who isn't going to succumb to any of nightwing's shenanigans just because most have a lack of match up knowledge.
Her damage output is superior. It's the reason the post-slide game is in her favor. Outside of that both characters are making a read combo for combo.
KF hardly outzones NW. She may get a dagger or two before she cannot throw daggers anymore. This is hardly an advantage just a light obstacle course.
Killer Frost has shit options outside of slide for footsies.

It's not that complicated.

astronout

see you at the top.
Her damage output is superior. It's the reason the post-slide game is in her favor. Outside of that both characters are making a read combo for combo.
KF hardly outzones NW. She may get a dagger or two before she cannot throw daggers anymore. This is hardly an advantage just a light obstacle course.
Killer Frost has shit options outside of slide for footsies.

It's not that complicated.
slide is one of the best special moves in this game. let's not downplay how good it actually is.
are you on xbox?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Killer Frost backdahses after a blocked slide. Now what?
Don't listen to him

In escrima mb flipkick beats a lot of post slide guessing games.

Blocked slide into d1 mixup = MB flip kick combo
Blocked slide into backdash = 2nd part of flipkick hits her, full combo
Blocked slide into mb f3/b3 = 2nd part of flipkick hits her but she's armored so no launch, parry mindgame

Beat this by either forward dashing on a read or just blocking the flipkick since it's +1. Also you are in escrima, which isn't the preferred stance in this mu imo

Don't listen to him

In escrima mb flipkick beats a lot of post slide guessing games.

Blocked slide into d1 mixup = MB flip kick combo
Blocked slide into backdash = 2nd part of flipkick hits her, full combo
Blocked slide into mb f3/b3 = 2nd part of flipkick hits her but she's armored so no launch, parry mindgame

Beat this by either forward dashing on a read or just blocking the flipkick since it's +1. Also you are in escrima, which isn't the preferred stance in this mu imo
D12 confirms into full combo and beats the forward dash as well as her d1. If KF is reading flip kick MB she is crouch block to d2 and that makes d12 hit on block which leads to the d12 game.

I think Astronaut just isn't as familiar with the MU because the general concensus is that NW should play in Staff so he most likely has absolutely zero experience vs Escrima wing. I prefer Escrima to staff because of the reasons outlined in my original post. My conclusion is that the MU is even outside of the post-slide game because Escrima doesn't get out zoned as badly as Staff and thus the only balancing factor left in the MU is the damage out put from the post-slide game.