What's new

$ UMK3 Kaillera Tourney $ WINNER TAKE ALL

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
UMK3 Kaillera Tournament
November 14th-15th 2009
- Single elimination with no loser brackets, 5 wins to advance. (10 wins needed in the final bracket)
- You may only play on the GodWeapon Virginia server or by p2p means ONLY! If you and your opponent agree on another venue due to high ping, please suggest it to me for approval well ahead of time.
- Don't bitch. If you have trouble setting up on Kaillera for whatever reason (there are some issues as of late) then let me know before the tournament. Don't wait until the day of the tourney to get your ass kicked because your connection isn't configured correctly. There's a difference between having your instant messenger on while playing, and getting beat when there is minimal lag. Know when it's appropriate to complain about unplayable matches because the matter will be taken seriously, so don't cry wolf.

Yeah bro I'm in but I don't have a paypal account and tbh I don't think it's a good idea to have an entry fee. I think it should just be for fun.

Hey Prince how ya doing man? I'll host an mk2 tourney if you know a few others who'll play. Should have a few here too.

iammud

Noob
Yamaraja said:
Yeah bro I'm in but I don't have a paypal account and tbh I don't think it's a good idea to have an entry fee. I think it should just be for fun.
Then it's just your run of the mill tournament. Putting money on the line is where it's at (though I won't do it online due to the uncertainty of lag). Starting a paypal account is easy enough, and pretty much any credit card will work on it. It'll take a few days to get your bank account linked to be verified though (shouldn't matter for this).

^^and what prince said, where's the mk2 money games? I wanna see prince make some dough...

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Yamaraja said:
Dude, it's just $5. 8 players is a cool $40 for the winner, or 16 makes it $80. That might not be huge money yet it will add a little spice to motivation in winning, I believe. Like mud said, setting up the actual Paypal account is almost as easy as setting up a new e-mail. It's okay if you don't want to take part, but if you should change your mind I'll be here. ;)

I know some people are a little hesitant because of possible lag, that's why I've stated precautions like finding an alternate venue where both players have better ping...or even p2p if you can get it running with that player ahead of time, after brackets are made of course. Personally, I think a nice turnout for a tournament like this will work wonders on keeping competitive spirit and the community alive. In the end, it's just $5. IMO, setting up the Paypal if you don't already have one is tougher than to let go of cinco deniro. That's just me. Hope to see more entries. :)

thanks fellas

Lol yeah it's not the 5 bucks but the reason I was saying there shouldn't be a fee is because I'm thinking alot of other people don't have paypal either and you might not get many sign-ups. If I'm the only one that doesn't have it then I have no problem making one. Not a big deal.

Ram23

Noob
mud, I don't have this PayPal and don't know what is that and how can I make it for myself...
If it will be payment by WebMoney, I'll do.

entry $ tourney = win.
I could really imagine like bi-weekly online tourneys (with the 5 dollar entry) really working well for this site.

wazz

Noob
paypal is the safe 2 pay. i hav used it 4 ebay and ioffer and sending money 2 ppl.
dont trust any other site.

go to paypal.com and make ur account

I actually like the entry fee idea because it adds incentive to practice and try your hardest. But yeah paypal is an issue for alot of people like I thought it would be.

What about sending $5 checks?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Since people are on about different issues, I'm just going to address everyone one by one to try and work everything out.

to all players interested - Please remember I can push the tournament date back until we come to an agreement of how things will go. I don't want to throw together another sloppy tournament where half the people don't show. How about an entry fee of $5 in ANY form of payment? You all have a week to figure out what you want to do, that should be plenty of time to make up your mind and input your final decisions. I understand if you don't want to set up a Paypal account, but I need to know what works for you so you can play. Thank you, and please read the following below if it pertains to you.

wazz - Would you like to play? I've seen your input on Paypal and you seem to favor the entry fee idea, yet you haven't actually signed up. Please get ahold of me to share your interest, on AIM or here is fine.

Yamaraja - Thank you for your strong opinions, I agree with most of them. If a check is what it takes to have you commit to playing in this tourney then that will suffice. Please let me know if this is okay on AIM or on here, I can provide an address whenever you should need it. And obviously, let me know if I can put you on the signup list even if you are marked unpaid.

mud - Thanks for your input, you're definitely welcome to play even though I know you don't enjoy UMK3 as much as MK2 these days. The door is open. ;)

tonshaad - I'm sorry to hear you had family trouble, I'm sure we would have been much more understanding had we known. But we didn't...and that experience is over. If you would like to be apart of this tournament, feel free to say so. And even though things didn't work out so well, thanks for trying to put together the last one.

Ram - Pay with WebMoney, or however you want. You seem to be the only one not in favor of the entry fee, but only because you're unfamiliar with Paypal. Rest assured it's very safe, if you want to try and set it up then Ebay is your best shot at helping you get started. All you need is a bank account and e-mail address, it takes just minutes. Get back to me please, we'd love to have you.

Grindfox - I know I talked to you on AIM but I can I put you on the signup list for certain?

Ram23

Noob
I found a way how can I pay from WebMoney to PayPal...
I'll do it these days and will register new AIM account though. (forgot old password)
P.S. - And thanx for answering. :)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Ram said:
I found a way how can I pay from WebMoney to PayPal...
I'll do it these days and will register new AIM account though. (forgot old password)
P.S. - And thanx for answering. :)
Thanks much I appreciate it.