What's new

Guide TYM Cyrax Community Guide

s1 is a special high, will never hit on neutral crouch. Same with command grab.

second hit of 12 should be a mid. Only character I can see it whiff on during neutral crouch is mileena.

Rokinlobster just wanted to save you some time.

Seapeople

This one's for you
s1 is a special high, will never hit on neutral crouch. Same with command grab.

second hit of 12 should be a mid. Only character I can see it whiff on during neutral crouch is mileena.

Rokinlobster just wanted to save you some time.
I've also seen 12 whiff against Sektor like in this video at 2:24:
youtube.com/watch?v=dNczLAV-dRw
It might whiff against other characters too so it's definitely worth looking into. I think it jails if the first hit is blocked though.

I've also seen 12 whiff against Sektor like in this video at 2:24:
youtube.com/watch?v=dNczLAV-dRw
It might whiff against other characters too so it's definitely worth looking into. I think it jails on stand block though.
I've already stated in the post right before rokinlobster's that it whiffs against sektor when crouch blocking. My post was about neutral crouching.

It also doesn't jail but the whole thing will probably still land if the opponent was initially standing.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
The first and second hit of 12 will whiff against sektor. First hit might whiff on quan as well.

What corner bnb do you guys use? I'm working on a semi corner combo.

jip 21 net, (cross up) jip 21 ex bomb, mid bomb, 123 close bomb, net (reset), reverse b2, (regular) uppercut, 11, 121 net, jik, 33 buzzsaw. 88%

Not the easiest combo, but I figured if I work on it I might be able to get it down consistently. Meterless reset is killing me.
For your corner combo, so far I've got 1 bar 89%, might be able to get more:

jip 21 x net, crossover jip (pushing them out of the corner), 21 x ex-bomb, b2, far bomb, (slight dash) 121 x close bomb, net (reset), dash under b2, deep jump kick, dash, 121 x net, djk, 33 x buzzsaw (47%+42%)

For your corner combo, so far I've got 1 bar 89%, might be able to get more:

jip 21 x net, crossover jip (pushing them out of the corner), 21 x ex-bomb, b2, far bomb, (slight dash) 121 x close bomb, net (reset), dash under b2, deep jump kick, dash, 121 x net, djk, 33 x buzzsaw (47%+42%)
Nice, I was experimenting with that combo too, but I gave up when I couldn't combo off the regular uppercut. Didn't think to use djk.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Scorpion-
<snip, great info>
There are the ones I just tested, Ill do the rest and organize it better when I can use my computer because this has sucked to type on my phone.

Are there any other moves I should include? I know b3 has weird hit properties so I may add that, but no one really.uses it.
Hey man, thanks a lot for compiling all that! I can format nicely into a spreadsheet if you want, or help test the other characters as well. Let me know. Great work, very helpful!

Seapeople

This one's for you
Sweet. This is worth its own thread or maybe to be added to the first post of this guide. NariTuba

So Kung Lao, Mileena, Sektor and Jax are the only really problematic characters. I'm surprised 334 didn't work against Sheeva or Kang.

Seapeople

This one's for you
What corner bnb do you guys use? I'm working on a semi corner combo.

jip 21 net, (cross up) jip 21 ex bomb, mid bomb, 123 close bomb, net (reset), reverse b2, (regular) uppercut, 11, 121 net, jik, 33 buzzsaw. 88%

Not the easiest combo, but I figured if I work on it I might be able to get it down consistently. Meterless reset is killing me.
I saw somebody on the Winter Brawl stream today doing a pretty awesome corner reset. I think it could be the new bnb.
At 9:30 in this video:
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/370706789

Seapeople

This one's for you
Its a slight variant of Tony-Ts stuff, the combo he posted was even more damaging. Its in one of his videos.
I remember seeing it in one of his videos before, but until now I thought the combo had to be started slightly away from the wall.
Doing the whiffed AAt and then a slight dash puts just enough space for you to be able to do the reverse b2.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
So Cyrax has lots of tools to defend against cross ups, but which one do you guys have the most success with?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah half the time I get an option selected teleport. Uppercut also gets me blown up every time.
you could try dashing out a bit to make sure there fully over your head so your inputs dont get messed up and get the tele by mistake.
im finding cyrax's d1 very hit and miss on crossovers since picking him up, how do u guys find it??

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
you could try dashing out a bit to make sure there fully over your head so your inputs dont get messed up and get the tele by mistake.
im finding cyrax's d1 very hit and miss on crossovers since picking him up, how do u guys find it??
Yeah thats a great tip, the anti air is able to pick them up when they are very very low still so you can almost do a full dash and still hit.

I have had little success with d1 and then converting it to 1~ net+ having to worry about the input bug makes his 1 probably a much better bet.

Ive also done reverse input saw with some success, its good at times because you can bait wake ups.

NariTuba

disMember
I use AAt. You have to delay it a bit to avoid getting the teleport, make the reverse input as they are passing over your head. With some practice you can totally shut down their crossover attempts. Worse case scenario you whiff and cross them over yourself.

Seapeople

This one's for you
D1 works for me pretty much everytime against jip, but like every other d1 it always loses to jumpkicks. AAt is really good though, it's like the equivalent of Kenshi's dashback SC.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Here's the corner bnb I was talking about a couple weeks ago. It's really easy and does 92%. You could get about 2% extra damage if you used 21 after the uppercut but the timing is a lot stricter.