What's new

Question - TriBorg Triborgs best variation? Which one?

Which Tri-Borg Variation is officially the BEST overall so far?(discussion, opinions)

• Total voters

JDM

Noob
Cyrax has no decent reversal. Honestly that alone makes him much worse than CSZ, not even including the divekick which is borderline broken

The more time i spend with triborg the more I think that sektor and cyrax tie CSZ in terms of power, sektor definitely is my second favorite tho
Sektor has the coolest normals to be honest (aside from being my mk9 main), it is just satisfying to hit someone with 212 or f3.. plus his string into backdash is enough reason to main him.. in terms of how powerful, its too early to tell but i dont think he's that strong (hope i'm wrong).

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
those are CSZ's tools yes, but keep in mind Cyrax has the same unblockables midscreen and continuous, higher damage, and a safe special to hitconfirm into. Sektor gets good damage meterlessly, has a restand, and has the uprockets to augment his zoning and give setups. CSZ's tools are good, but they don't outshine the other robots.
Correct me if im wrong but i don't think cyrax's moves have any armor.. The two bots are good its just that CSZ is the cream of the crop. I got smoke last on the list for now

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have a feeling the CSZ divekick will be nerfed in the future or at least tweaked to some degree.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Who actually has armor faster than 11 frames other than the EX slide charactes tho?
yeah it be def less than half the cast but there are a good few.

Ill list them when im home. just for me to know.

im not downplaying Sektor in anyway i think hes really good once hes not against a char with a really good low profile move

IrishMantis

I think so far they all pretty viable.

But if i was to make a prediction on the weakest link i think he may be Cyrax.
He has crazy hard to blockables but he needs to hit you first to set it up, But his OS is a huge deal so who knows

IrishMantis

yeah it be def less than half the cast but there are a good few.

Ill list them when im home. just for me to know.

im not downplaying Sektor in anyway i think hes really good once hes not against a char with a really good low profile move
Edit: its not just armour reversals its any reversals i made a mistake

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Ive put a lot of time into Sektor (Besides Leather of course) and really enjoy his tools so far.

Zoning is good and can convert off exbf1 to full combo. Lots of good qays to start combos to keep you guessing and controls the air pretty decently imo. And can set you back full screen almost.

Im gonna dive into the other three tomorroe, mostly cyber sub.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Cyber Sub is probably the best but people are sleeping on Sektor imo. He can convert from fullscreen and punish just about every projectile with instant air teleport. He also has a good mid in f212 and b2 is a great footsie tool.

Wigy

There it is...
Anyone else thinks CSZ needs a bit more recovery on his ice ball or his ex to be a high?

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
I just play characters I like, no regards to how 'viable' they are. Smoke is a lot of fun and so is csz, but I hated sektor and cyrax ever since I played mk back on sega.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
They are all really good. I think Cyber Sub will probably end up being the most dangerous, BUT I also think people are slightly overrating him. I don't think he's broken at all

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
You guys still think CSZ is broken? Have you seen smoke's mobility and tools? Fucking harpoon gives him free hit, smoke bomb gives him free hit and meterburn teleport(great punishing tool) gives him free hit. He can start a combo with either of above listed specials and use others to extend the combo, where as CSZ can't use his freezing tools twice in a combo which means if you star a combo with freezing special then you have to settle for less damage. Cyrax is still op in this game, he can put out high bombs and low bombs at the same time, even when opponent is struggling in net. I don't know how you can say CSZ is broken and ignore Cyrax? Let's see Reo 13-0 some other high level player with CSZ then we can call him broken.

Remember, every character looks good against training dummy.

CSZ is currently the best character in the game imo, the other 3 are high mid tier, sektor is worse in some matchups but overall smoke is the worst. Cyrax is the comeback character, Sektor has the best long range, Smoke is tricky, but CSZ suffocates you with complete insanity and then theres no way out once he eventually connects

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Ive played some high level csz, i havent seen a truly unfair character in mkx since week 1 gm sz and even that wasnt as bad as this.
I remember how Tom Brady was bodying everyone with Week 1 GM SZ and harassing them in his salesman voice. Oh wait, I don't. There was nothing wrong with week 1 GM subzero and there is nothing wrong with CSZ.

If CSZ is at close range and throws out bomb you can full combo punish him. If he is at full screen you can still punish him with projectile, he is not grand master, he has no clone to defend him against projectiles.

Let's just say he gets bomb out and goes for dive kick( most obvious go to move after bomb) what is stopping you from jumping out of range or even punishing him with air to air attack? If goes for slide after bomb you can jump to avoid it or block low to block it? I know it's risky to block low and then punish him because bomb will go off and freeze you if you try to punish him, if you don't punish him he will go for overhead.

You see there are ways to not play his game, his anti-air game isn't as good as cyrax's, Sektor's or even smoke's, why not take advantage of that?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Nobody actually plays CSZ, there's no freakin way he's best in the game compared to Cyrax rofl. His pressure is non existent, there's no way he suffocates you lbsh

Pls play the char and get bodied trying to do those midscreen setups and get njped out of the divekick 99% of the time lol.

Cyrax > CSZ, it's crystal clear.

really hard to pick because cyrax can literally just do stupid near unblockable set up till you die and or csz with his over the top dive kick, ill pick csz cause the dive kick is making me salty

I remember how Tom Brady was bodying everyone with Week 1 GM SZ and harassing them in his salesman voice. Oh wait, I don't. There was nothing wrong with week 1 GM subzero and there is nothing wrong with CSZ.
?? Not only was Tom bodying everyone (no dis to him hed play sz even if he was worst in game), everyone was bodying everyone with gm and even after the nerfs hes still a top character

People will only tighten up his game and make his combos more optimal, waiting a few months wont suddenly make him mid tier

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
?? Not only was Tom bodying everyone (no dis to him hed play sz even if he was worst in game), everyone was bodying everyone with gm and even after the nerfs hes still a top character

People will only tighten up his game and make his combos more optimal, waiting a few months wont suddenly make him mid tier
The only thing wrong with week 1 GM is that nobody knew the matchup. Like if characters like HQT Predator and Tremor were out at that point and people knew how to handle the Klone he would have been fine. Tom not only bodied everyone because sub was a top character(still is not downplaying) but he tested the game and had a jump start so it made sub seem extra good.