• Yes

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Tires don exits

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Guess you're right. You still have to hit a pretty bad normal to start that combo though. Supes gets it off of F2.
Oh btw I just realised she does 60% meterless, as does Batgirl in particular situations into bola and therefore vortex setup. Shield stance 2 a bad normal? Yeah it's 16 frames startup but it's got decent reach and it's +8 on block lol

Even air I don't think is -11. It's dependent on height, but I think -11 at WORST. The lower you are, the less -
I think it is probably the worst, but it's still unsafe. But yeah it's not completely foolproof, even ground eye lasers can be jumped over

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Honestly he is completely fine. He is a very solid character that has not alot of weaknesses but really isn't that horrible to fight against. He is seriously one of the last characters I worry about in this game.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I love how I get shit on for saying Doomsday is mid tier and then Superman players get to downplay. I don't know what world I live in anymore. If you think Superman has flaws you're playing him wrong or don't have enough set ups.

Because he doesn't have safe offensive 50/50's, shitty lows and all you have to do is block low against him is the current thought. F23~trait can be poked out of or specialed out of (think flying bat from bg) Of course, this just means it is up the the player to utilize his strengths to cover his weaknesses. Is he as good as he was pre-patch? No. Is he still a really good character? Yes.

His mobility is good but not the best, his poke is good but kinda short range, his j1 is good but nothing to scream about, his pressure is good but totally escapable and not really that frightening once you know what to do, his zoning not the best but not the worst.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Lasers do like 2% chip which becomes 5% if MB'd, so I don't know how that is bad. It becomes almost 7% with trait on. Also it hits overhead and ends at +10, that isn't bad in any way... And having a mid hitting projectile that's -11 isn't bad at all either.

There are more than enough ways to catch people. If you think you're just going to rep f23 breath over and over then the problem is you aren't adapting.

That sounds pretty top tier to me...

Nobody in the cast gets as much meterless midscreen damage as WoWo, that was a rigged example. He still gets above average damage midscreen and all of his combos can end with the opponent in the corner.
It doesn't matter if his lasers are positive, he is pushed to far back so the nerf of f2 makes it whiff. Also his f23 breath doesn't matter if you, dash forward, super punch, jump (why would you jump!?), etc. They are out of pressure and if you make the wrong read, its like being punished for pressuring! His lasers are easily back dashed as well. The startup of heat zap is easily beat by many things. Tiara, oro's rocket, black magic, from the deep, quickfire, etc. you can duck it as well. don't even get me started on air heat vision. if it whiffs Supes is in trouble. for god's sake, ares can jump over it (MB) teleport to the other side and punish it. Shazzam can actually jump over it too and hit with an atlas torpedo. His 50/50s are unsafe, his otgs are unsafe. He has put in a lot of work to get them into the corner.

SonicBoomBrad

It doesn't matter if his lasers are positive, he is pushed to far back so the nerf of f2 makes it whiff. Also his f23 breath doesn't matter if you, dash forward, super punch, jump (why would you jump!?), etc. They are out of pressure and if you make the wrong read, its like being punished for pressuring! His lasers are easily back dashed as well. The startup of heat zap is easily beat by many things. Tiara, oro's rocket, black magic, from the deep, quickfire, etc. you can duck it as well. don't even get me started on air heat vision. if it whiffs Supes is in trouble. for god's sake, ares can jump over it (MB) teleport to the other side and punish it. Shazzam can actually jump over it too and hit with an atlas torpedo. His 50/50s are unsafe, his otgs are unsafe. He has put in a lot of work to get them into the corner.
This shit is absolutely hilarious to me because Doomsday has all these problems but so much worse. I have to spend a bar for this pressure. You get it after F23. Watching people complain about Superman's pressure is ridiculous to me. Like I'll take your F23 breath pressure, divepunch set ups, and damage, and you can have Earthshaker and Venom. Have fun getting bodied for making one wrong read.

DarksydeDash

This shit is absolutely hilarious to me because Doomsday has all these problems but so much worse. I have to spend a bar for this pressure. You get it after F23. Watching people complain about Superman's pressure is hilarious to me. Like I'll take your F23 breath pressure, divepunch set ups, and damage, and you can have Earthshaker and Venom. Have fun getting bodied for making one wrong read.
Your spent meter is worth it cause you are in range as well as positive. Earthshaker is also safe even when blocked. 3,3 is..what? +10? So your opponent's options are limited making it in your favor. He also has one of the best throw ranges of the game. His trait lets him say STFU as he comes charging in. Sure there are ways to counter it, but there are also ways to counter their counters.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Your spent meter is worth it cause you are in range as well as positive. Earthshaker is also safe even when blocked. 3,3 is..what? +10? So your opponent's options are limited making it in your favor. He also has one of the best throw ranges of the game. His trait lets him say STFU as he comes charging in. Sure there are ways to counter it, but there are also ways to counter their counters.
Yeah but what does he have after that?!

Doomsday doesn't even have that many rewarding options compared to supes so like yeah

SonicBoomBrad

No you're saying f23 is bad and I'm calling you stupid because literally every way you listed you can get out of F23 breath you can do to get out of pressure after venom. I'm taking the same exact risk after MB venom that you are after F23, but your reward is amazing, while mine is only 12-20%. Your character is fucking amazing. Please don't complain when I'm sure Ares players would kill for a F23 breath that was even -2.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Nobody in the cast gets as much meterless midscreen damage as WoWo, that was a rigged example.
Joker does... :joker:

Also hold up, why in the hell is anyone even suggesting DD has better pressure than Supes? Like really?
And you're going to use the reasoning of "Pressure stops if I make a wrong read" as a reason why his pressure is bad? Seriously? Not even "I get punished if I make a wrong read" but "You get to move if I make a wrong read". Is this for real?

On a side note, not to downplay Supes because he is still really good, but I do want to point out that his projectiles are by far the easiest in the game to backdash.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
On a side note, not to downplay Supes because he is still really good, but I do want to point out that his projectiles are by far the easiest in the game to backdash.
Supes is also the only character who doesn't have a projectile that does not stay on screen when he is hit.

Character's still really good, though. Great normal in f2, pretty much the best set of dashes in the game, fastest air dash, pretty solid zoning, absurd corner game, and a diverse set of wakeup options.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Who said it wasn't "that good?"
Because he doesn't have safe offensive 50/50's, shitty lows and all you have to do is block low against him is the current thought. F23~trait can be poked out of or specialed out of (think flying bat from bg) Of course, this just means it is up the the Player to utilize his strengths to cover his weaknesses. Is he as good as he was pre-patch? No. Is he still a really good character? Yes.

His mobility is good but not the best, his poke is good but kinda short range, his j1 is good but nothing to scream about, his pressure is good but totally escapable and not really that frightening once you know what to do, his zoning not the best but not the worst.
I wish GA had a real 50/50.
I wish GA had lows at all.
I wish d1 xx arrow, my super powerful 3% string wasn't pokeable.
I wish GA had an airdash/instant air dash/dive move that otgs/amazingly fast and useful backdash/fast advancing normals (compare Sups F2 to GA's F2).
I wish GA had a 6 frame poke that led to full combo without Frozen Arrow that's totally interruptable by jumps/MB B3/D1s.
I wish GA my J1 actually landed on crouching opponents and didn't have a tiny micro hitbox.
I wish GA had pressure that actually dealt damage, wasn't totally pokeable and had actual mix ups.
I wish GA had a projectile that left you plus a billion on block, that tracked the opponent, leave them full screen and also dealt 15% damage or whatever it is it deals.
I wish GA didn't have to wait half an hour to load an arrow in hopes of maybe landing a projectile that Sups gets for free, twice as much damage and much more advantage out of it.
I wish GA had Sups corner damage without stage gimmicks that people can wake up out of.
And I also wish there wasn't a campaign for the last year to try and convince us how GA was broken beyond belief, causing unnecessary nerf after nerf, and have the responsible people just delete the videos (and I quote Brady "can we stop pretending this character isn't good because he has a 44% unclashable super") and act like it never happened, or not log in since September 2013.

I still love him though, would play GA 1000x times more than Superman.

/thread

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

I wish GA had a real 50/50.
I wish GA had lows at all.
I wish d1 xx arrow, my super powerful 3% string wasn't pokeable.
I wish GA had an airdash/instant air dash/dive move that otgs/amazingly fast and useful backdash/fast advancing normals (compare Sups F2 to GA's F2).
I wish GA had a 6 frame poke that led to full combo without Frozen Arrow that's totally interruptable by jumps/MB B3/D1s.
I wish GA my J1 actually landed on crouching opponents and didn't have a tiny micro hitbox.
I wish GA had pressure that actually dealt damage, wasn't totally pokeable and had actual mix ups.
I wish GA had a projectile that left you plus a billion on block, that tracked the opponent, leave them full screen and also dealt 15% damage or whatever it is it deals.
I wish GA didn't have to wait half an hour to load an arrow in hopes of maybe landing a projectile that Sups gets for free, twice as much damage and much more advantage out of it.
I wish GA had Sups corner damage without stage gimmicks that people can wake up out of.
And I also wish there wasn't a campaign for the last year to try and convince us how GA was broken beyond belief, causing unnecessary nerf after nerf, and the responsible people to just delete the videos (and I quote "can we stop pretending this character isn't good because it has a 44% unclashable super") or not log in since September 2013.

I still love him though, would play GA 1000x times more than Superman.
I was only going to play GA if they had his classic costume. But this patch ruined him. He needed a damage buff.

DarksydeDash

No you're saying f23 is bad and I'm calling you stupid because literally every way you listed you can get out of F23 breath you can do to get out of pressure after venom. I'm taking the same exact risk after MB venom that you are after F23, but your reward is amazing, while mine is only 12-20%. Your character is fucking amazing. Please don't complain when I'm sure Ares players would kill for a F23 breath that was even -2.
No I'm saying f23 isn't as good as it was. There are other characters that do supes' job better. But the fact a simple jump gets your opponent to safety after working hard to get them there is ludicrous.

ALL IM SAYING IS SUPERMAN IS NOT AS GOOD OF A CHARACTER THAN WW LETS BE SERIOUS HERE. HER D2 HITS 360 DEGREES. SHE HAS A LOW HITBOX. HER MOBILITY IS BETTER, SHE HAS DEMI GODESS AND HER AIR DASH IS FASTER THAN SOUPS IVE TESTED IT. SHE HAS WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER PRESSURE AND ACTUAL PLUS 50/50S. HER DIVE PUNCH 50-50 IS PLUS 6 EVEN WHEN BLOCKED INTO ANOTHER 50-50 AND SHE DOESNT HAVE TO WASTE METER WHEN DOING DAMAGE. SHE HAS A WAY BETTER OKI AND HAS WAY MORE THINGS YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THAT ARE PLUS. SO AS FAR AS SELLING WW AS A BILL CUT THAT SHIT OUT QUICK

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
No I'm saying f23 isn't as good as it was. There are other characters that do supes' job better. But the fact a simple jump gets your opponent to safety after working hard to get them there is ludicrous.
"Working hard".