What's new

The Flash Canceling

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
okay so we knew this was coming but the flash has 3 cancelable moves, and i saw not one flash using it on arturo's stream. you can only cancel running man with a dash back tho :( but you can cancel lightning kick the same way you do a roundhouse with rain and you have to be a jedi to MB off a hit when doing pressure, plus LK is only neg 5 with fast recovery. you also have speed dodge or SDC and you can meterburn and blow people up literally for 10 damage. so is there an flash palyer that have the game that can record all this to see how viable this all is? i think NRS learned their lesson from kabal lol the only problem i see with LKC is that you have to dash, and the dashes are long in this game, but we will see, hopefully we can get frame data on these cancels and reveal some pressure tools.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Doesn't the Flash have a really short dash?

I would think the recovery on it is good like Nightwing/Stroke's.

Zyphox

Doesn't the Flash have a really short dash?

I would think the recovery on it is good like Nightwing/Stroke's.
well yeah but you cant cancel from it like mk9 so we still have to see if its viable, rain you could 4RHC dash xx 4 RHC ya know? in this game it would be B22 LKC dash into whatever, no cancel :(

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
I find Speed Dodge MB to be pretty much worthless, when am I ever going to dodge a projectile with Speed Dodge at such close range? I don't think people cancel running man because it is really easy to get stuffed, so most people end it with the slide or the overhead.
Correct me if I am wrong, but for LK I thought that you could only delay it, not cancel it.

Zyphox

I find Speed Dodge MB to be pretty much worthless, when am I ever going to dodge a projectile with Speed Dodge at such close range? I don't think people cancel running man because it is really easy to get stuffed, so most people end it with the slide or the overhead.
Correct me if I am wrong, but for LK I thought that you could only delay it, not cancel it.
okay for LK you can delay and dash out, but it turns out its not worth it becasue there is no visual queue for you opponenet to know that a LK is coming so they can try to jumpout, you can delay and release to stuff there attack but dash forwards is too slow and you can cancel the dash into pressure, as for speed doge, you know you can parry regular moves right? i have a video coming up punish KF's slide on her wakeup by speed dodging as she wakes up, it doesnt hurt you at all and you can full combo punish her on MB it to push her away, also speed dodge can go throw interactables. videos soon, probably tonight, am amking a video right now on how to punish push block.

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
okay for LK you can delay and dash out, but it turns out its not worth it becasue there is no visual queue for you opponenet to know that a LK is coming so they can try to jumpout, you can delay and release to stuff there attack but dash forwards is too slow and you can cancel the dash into pressure, as for speed doge, you know you can parry regular moves right? i have a video coming up punish KF's slide on her wakeup by speed dodging as she wakes up, it doesnt hurt you at all and you can full combo punish her on MB it to push her away, also speed dodge can go throw interactables. videos soon, probably tonight, am amking a video right now on how to punish push block.
Actually I did not know that speed dodge went through regular moves. I thought it was only for projectiles and interactables.

Zyphox

Actually I did not know that speed dodge went through regular moves. I thought it was only for projectiles and interactables.
yeah but usually only one hit or two depending on how fast they are since the speed dodge active frame are wierd, but you can punish people off wake up better and it works wonders on black adam when he dive kicks.