What's new

The Deadshot Debate.

Rebalance Deadshot?

• Yes.

Votes: 125 73.5%
  • No.

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • There's no way to adjust him without defeating the purpose of his design.

Votes: 35 20.6%

• Total voters

Meep8345

Noob
regardless its one of his main launchers in the corner, and bf1 is the only real way to get anything, so yea he does need his wrist shot to have at least good enough recovery so that he can combo off it. sorry if you don't agree but thats bare minimum where it needs to be.
What? b12u3 bf3 combos, you might not be able to get a s1 bf1 after it but you can atleast make up for the dmg some with s1 s1 then go for f123.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
What? b12u3 bf3 combos, you might not be able to get a s1 bf1 after it but you can atleast make up for the dmg some with s1 s1 then go for f123.
yeah, but i was talking about f23 bruh, not b12u3.

either way, i don't think his strait shot needs to be made into shiet.

Meep8345

Noob
yeah, but i was talking about f23 bruh, not b12u3.

either way, i don't think his strait shot needs to be made into shiet.
Still what lol. It serves the same purpose as b12 just it's an overhead I'm saying this character shouldn't have straight up launching 50/50's like that and actually b12 is faster and reaches further.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i think the f23 launching in the corner is fine tbh, but im sick of arguing about this character. people are acting like its release day all over again with him. cry to someone else

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Meterbuild is a mechanic universal to every character, so why would you purposely change a mechanic for one character and make it different for everyone else? For a game that has little to no universals, I'd like to keep that intact for sake of continuity.
It actually is adjusted for characters, though. For example, Aquaman used to build an insane amount of meter back by doing Trident rush before they changed it in Inj2.

There are edge cases where specific things need adjustment.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Its pretty simple what they need to do. They can leave him the way he is, and just give him the SFV ibuki treatment and make him have to manage his bullets by reloading. That way a DS player has to think when, as, well as where, and how to use his gun.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
People really still complain about this character when we have supergirl and darkseid lul xD
This only major 5 DeadShot been in top 8 iirc and usually it's only 1! If your complaining about this character STILL then YOU need to evaluate your own style of play... in mkx y'all NEVER complained about braindead rushdown that had VERY LITTLE TO NO DEFENSE OPTIONS. Now that's the meta zoning/ spacing based yall complain? Man y'all nrs people wouldn't be able to deal with BBCF, and etc zoning at a high level at all. Like stfu and level up he mostly goes 5-5 or 6-4 so what he has 4-6 mu he loses too he's a balanced zoner. It's not like kabal or pre patch i1 superman zoning AT ALL like chill tf out

South

Oh yeah also nrs games have not even seen a broken character or move in any game! From mk9 til now. Y'all highest tier need be A Tier there are character in other games where they are Shatter tier literally they are that good so y'all needa level up fr

DC King

Noob
People really still complain about this character when we have supergirl and darkseid lul xD
This only major 5 DeadShot been in top 8 iirc and usually it's only 1! If your complaining about this character STILL then YOU need to evaluate your own style of play... in mkx y'all NEVER complained about braindead rushdown that had VERY LITTLE TO NO DEFENSE OPTIONS. Now that's the meta zoning/ spacing based yall complain? Man y'all nrs people wouldn't be able to deal with BBCF, and etc zoning at a high level at all. Like stfu and level up he mostly goes 5-5 or 6-4 so what he has 4-6 mu he loses too he's a balanced zoner. It's not like kabal or pre patch i1 superman zoning AT ALL like chill tf out
How many majors has Darkseid and Supergirl been in the top 8?

Foxxy is probably right about Starfire though. it'd be really weird if Deadshot's zoning gets nerfed, but Miss "lol 150 dmg because you thought you were allowed to move after that" stayed intact.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yes, but I don't care, I want my cookie.
This is how I feel about most things in life.

Also: holy shit @ the poll.

All right then, I know when a debate is lost.
And the more I think about it, the less I care whether he's left alone or not.
I'm not a devout Floyd fan. I was a devout Deathstroke player who loves bullets and lunging heavy specials.
Hence why I also play Hood, Brainiac, and as of watch BDon be amazing, Doctor Fate.
I just felt it was a matter than needed addressing and felt like starting the fire.
It just isn't fair to Deadshot as a character/design that he was basically cut out of a wheel of cheese.

Levaranoia

War God
I still can not even understand how this guy got past the development stage. 1 day in the wild of full release and we all knew the score.. how did NRS let this guy live in the 1st place.

+1 for truth
This!!! was basically saying something like this in other thread. Nrs's character balancing is off. Some characters with too many tools and other's with not enough.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This!!! was basically saying something like this in other thread. Nrs's character balancing is off. Some characters with too many tools and other's with not enough.
This is why I can't justify defending him for any reason other than that he should have never been built that way.
Too many moments of that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hey OP! Can you send me the names of the *Currently* 8 people that voted NO on 'rebalancing' (Nice word for nerf bitches ya'll anit slick.) Deadshot.

I just found a Death Note outside my window and I'm itching to use it. I know 8 people that deserve...so far.
But you'll need to know their faces, though :p

If I voted for keeping Deadshot the same, I'd probably never show my face ;)

Meep8345

Noob
i think the f23 launching in the corner is fine tbh, but im sick of arguing about this character. people are acting like its release day all over again with him. cry to someone else
Lowkey throwing shade. If you need straight up launching 50/50's on top of really good braindead zoning to win just git gud

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
can't wait for the star fire house of mirrors coming to an event soon!! She makes Deadshot look legit.

South

How many majors has Darkseid and Supergirl been in the top 8?
You sound hella dumb. I'm guessing scarecrow is top 5 because he won a major huh? And that superman is only top 20 because only one superman is ever in top 32 OR maybe batman is trash because no batman gets past top 16 lol or supergirl is bottom tier because only two supergirl are good and supergirl has been in 3/3 top 8s for the game! Maybe maybe you think flash is top 3 because honeybee placements. This question you asked is dumb asf tbh. Sonic ran through everyone with darkseid before and didn't @EMPEROR_KNICKS just win some tournament using mainly darkseid? And supergirl WAS always good now she got unexpected buffs and is STILL being used good by 2 players.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
can't wait for the star fire house of mirrors coming to an event soon!! She makes Deadshot look legit.
I'm waiting for it.
Deadshot will be Tanya, Starfire (ironically) will be Alien.

People only find the posthumous bullshit when the first round of bullshit dies.
Like how no one used MK9 Cyrax's resets and elaborate stuff until after the command grab Bomb got nerfed.

You could nuke Straight Shot, and take MB Rifle down from 8 shots to 5 or 6, and I'd still play him.
He'd be like Green Arrow at that point. Bullets and Arrows would still count, they just need Trait to be super effective.