What's new

The Command Grab Input

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I don't know about you guys, but this input gives me more trouble than any other in the entire game. I feel like it's incredibly awkward to do during combos, and I know myself and others are struggling with it.

I really wish NRS would change the motion to a simple half circle or something similar. Practice makes perfect, but if anyone has any tips they could share about getting these moves down consistently it would be much appreciated. :(

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Pad I take it? Same here. Basically I have to train myself to literally pick my thumb up off the d-pad otherwise I end up getting dbdf + input. Usually that means I'm getting the df special instead of the dbf special. I just takes practice, and quite a bit of it I'm afraid. :( I'm not even proficient at it tbh.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
You just have to keep practicing until you can do it in one fluid motion. I was thrown off by that input motion too when blazblue came out, but after doing it over and over it becomes much easier.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm co-maining Killer Frost and Harley along with Catwoman so I really need to learn it haha. It's not AS bad with Frost, but Harley's is a nightmare for me. I always end up getting gunshots and I don't even know how. :mad:

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Pad I take it? Same here. Basically I have to train myself to literally pick my thumb up off the d-pad otherwise I end up getting dbdf + input. Usually that means I'm getting the df special instead of the dbf special. I just takes practice, and quite a bit of it I'm afraid. :( I'm not even proficient at it tbh.
This. I had to get used to picking my thumb up off the pad and hitting down, back, and forward one at a time. I was surprised at how slow I could do it and the move would still execute.. with Shazam at least.

Oh, that thing. Yeah... I really don't get why they made this so hard to do. Stuff like this just makes no sense to me, design wise.

I find this game actually isn't that bad with the pad. It's only this move and a few other moves that annoy me..

DOA5 was just ridiculous though... Hayabusa's Senko Izuna is fricking madness.