What's new

Tales of Blood -Chapter #001 - Blood Memories

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Note: I will not make those very long in order to not bother those who are reading, also i will try to avoid the much blood and gore to not disgust the readers, i don't want to look disgusting, so please leave your feed back.
Note 2: This is the Skarlet's tale, reviewed by my vision, any questions you might have don't hesitate to ask me.

Synopsis

“From countless wars, and bloodshed in the battlefield, Shao Kahn with the help of his most trusted Shadow Priest Shang Tsung, collected the blood of countless warriors, and infused with magic, the result was the born of something more than just a warrior, more than just an enforcer, it was something else.
These are her Memories, These are the Tales of Blood”

Present day, at The Rooftop down…

Shao Kahn’s Mask is broken, there is blood everywhere, surely belonged to him, but his body can never be found, he is dead, he got destroyed by Raiden with the help of the Elder gods.
This whole invasion was set to fail, according to the man who stands near him, Quan Chi.

- I can’t believe it, he really fell for it, he was so focused on taking Earthrealm, how come he never suspect that the Eldergods would never allow an invasion to take place without ten victories in Mortal Kombat, Lord Shinnok. – Says Quan Chi.

- It doesn't matter, Kahn was always a fool who only cared about power, we’re a step closer, soon, Earthrealm and Outworld, all will be ours. – Says the holographic projection of the entity near Quan Chi, Shinnok, the fallen Eldergod.
- Good! - Says Quan Chi snaping his fingers, a portal to Netherrealm opens before him as he steps inside he turns around and speaks to the Eldergod. - We shall invade Outworld first then, it should be a chaos without their leader alive" -
With the two vanishing from the scene, the building got quiet, crows smelling the scent of blood from the fallen emperor started to approach the place, but that is not the only thing coming.

A puddle starts to rise near the elevator door in the rooftop, and shapes itself into Skarlet, she looks at the mask of her emperor, realizing she came to him too late to warn him.

- He is dead! – She thinks. Picks up the mask and hold closer to her, she closes her eyes and her memories travels back… back to the earlier days of her birth…

Chapter 001 – “Blood Memories”

Outworld, in the blood pits, a few years ago…

A huge pool made of blood is shaking up cross the corpse’s sea who can only be accessed from the Kove, there is the Skull island in the middle of the sea, behind it, the Hallowed forest, and underneath the Skull, the Blood Pits, Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung are using a very powerful magic on the pool, fusing their powers something started to happen.

The blood from the pool started to Rise, and shaped itself into the body of a female, absorbing both magics from each side and the blood from the pool.
After some time, the shape disappeared, and emerged from the floor as a puddle shaping a naked woman with red hair and black stripes. She was kneeling before the Emperor, she was Ready.

- EXCELENT! – Says the Emperor very pleased! – FROM THIS POINT ON, YOU’LL BE NAMED SKARLET, YOU ANSWER ONLY TO ME, YOU SPEAK ONLY TO ME, YOU WORK ONLY FOR ME! HAHAHAHAH!- Laughs the Emperor satisfied with his newest creation.

Skarlet nods in response to the emperor’s demand, Shang Tsung approaches the emperor.
- An interesting feature My Lord, Allow me to show her around and prepare her for the Forces of Darkness presentation. – Says the Sorcerer.
- LET ME KNOW WHEN SHE IS READY! – And then, Kahn leaves the room, Shang Tsung looks at Skarlet saying:
- Come, my dear, I will take you to the Armory now, where you will get yourself ready for Kombat. –

To be continued in the next chapter…

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I can totally dig this :D Skarlet's whole "woman of blood" thing interested the hell out of me an I probably would have put more work into her if she didn't hurt my fingers too much. Net and a dream for life :D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I can totally dig this :D Skarlet's whole "woman of blood" thing interested the hell out of me an I probably would have put more work into her if she didn't hurt my fingers too much. Net and a dream for life :D
Indeed, in fact i think one of the things that made me pick Skarlet it was how hard she is to master, but its fun ^^

Hope you guys enjoy this, specially @MKF30 and @Onilordasmodeus who have strong sense for MK lores.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
@Eddy Wang What you have here is pretty good! I like how you've presented the characters, I like your interpretation of how these 2 events unfolded. The only real criticism I could give is that I'd like for there to be more; more set up in the setting of the environment, and the mood of the environment; more descriptive detail about what you see and what to portray. But yeah, I like it!

As far as lore goes, you did change/omit a few minor details from the MK9 ending like some of the dialogue, and the fact that Quan was holding Kahn helmet at the end of the scene (I always imagined he took it as a memento), but you can really do what you want to tell the story how you want to. Also, you should remember that Kahn's invasion WAS NOT a transgression against the EGs, it was because he began the merging the realms that they got involved.

At the end of the day though, it was a nice set up, and a fun read. I can't wait to read more!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang What you have here is pretty good! I like how you've presented the characters, I like your interpretation of how these 2 events unfolded. The only real criticism I could give is that I'd like for there to be more; more set up in the setting of the environment, and the mood of the environment; more descriptive detail about what you see and what to portray. But yeah, I like it!

As far as lore goes, you did change/omit a few minor details from the MK9 ending like some of the dialogue, and the fact that Quan was holding Kahn helmet at the end of the scene (I always imagined he took it as a memento), but you can really do what you want to tell the story how you want to. Also, you should remember that Kahn's invasion WAS NOT a transgression against the EGs, it was because he began the merging the realms that they got involved.

At the end of the day though, it was a nice set up, and a fun read. I can't wait to read more!
Yeah, i kind messed up in the Dialogue, that is because i haven't checked back before i wrote this draft, however i intended Quan to drop the the Helmet, i have a special thing for this very moment, i just can't talk about that yet.

I loved your feedback, now i now where i should have more careful when i write the next one.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Yeah, i kind messed up in the Dialogue, that is because i haven't checked back before i wrote this draft, however i intended Quan to drop the the Helmet, i have a special thing for this very moment, i just can't talk about that yet.

I loved your feedback, now i now where i should have more careful when i write the next one.
Cool! I'm glad I could help. And it is nice to know that you were already thinking about Quan dropping the helmet, as in my other post where I saying I just wanted "more detail" and such, those are the kinds of details I was talking about.

Also, I feel you on this moment in the game being a special one. I absolutely LOVE Shinnok as a character, and in that ending he really did give me goose bumps while he spoke. They nailed his gravitas, and just knowing how powerful and badass he is just got me so hype.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Cool! I'm glad I could help. And it is nice to know that you that you were already thinking about Quan dropping the helmet, as in my other post where I saying I just wanted "more detail" and such, those are the kinds of details I was talking about.

Also, I feel you on this moment in the game being a special one. I absolutely LOVE Shinnok as a character, and in that ending he really did give me goose bumps while he spoke. They nailed his gravitas, and just knowing how powerful and badass he is just got me so hype.
The level of Acting in the recent NRS games is off the chart.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah dude, they're really good with their recent voice actors can't wait to see more with Skarlet. Very nice concept man. Was going to dive into the Kahn and why the Elder Gods stepped in and destroyed him bit but Onilord covered it lol. But yeah man otherwise, great job! I'm sure Skarlet will have a similar gig to this for sure. Perhaps they can write in the more people fight and die in MK, the stronger she gets given as how she's an elemental made of and pure blood.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah dude, they're really good with their recent voice actors can't wait to see more with Skarlet. Very nice concept man. Was going to dive into the Kahn and why the Elder Gods stepped in and destroyed him bit but Onilord covered it lol. But yeah man otherwise, great job! I'm sure Skarlet will have a similar gig to this for sure. Perhaps they can write in the more people fight and die in MK, the stronger she gets given as how she's an elemental made of and pure blood.
indeed, looking forward to show the rest.