What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takedas worst match ups.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I wrote that the day after losing to one in tournament so take it with a grain of salt.. But his pressure with that teleport was pretty crazy and any stray hit ended up in his meterles loopable vortex because he can just get rid of tornado kick and then still have enough time to go for a 50/50. I felt like I was just stuck blocking the whole time.
Hey this is where I can help then. After he whiffs that move, the only thing you have to guess is OH, low, or throw. While guessing the throw can be tricky, the low comes out faster than the OH so that's something to keep in mind. I suppose any Imposter could also throw out s2 and be +2 as well. The teleport pressure is really it's strongest after mimicry, anywhere else you can probably armor or poke out of it. Could be just a case of lack of MU experience - especially since the patch would've just came out and everyone was still getting used to stuff

Hey this is where I can help then. After he whiffs that move, the only thing you have to guess is OH, low, or throw. While guessing the throw can be tricky, the low comes out faster than the OH so that's something to keep in mind. I suppose any Imposter could also throw out s2 and be +2 as well. The teleport pressure is really it's strongest after mimicry, anywhere else you can probably armor or poke out of it. Could be just a case of lack of MU experience - especially since the patch would've just came out and everyone was still getting used to stuff
Alright thanks for the tips man I'll definitely look into where I can poke and armor with those teleport shenanigans lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
how do i play the SR mu with swarm queen, thats what i need to know.
The main thing is to just get in and pressure. Its kinda difficult because he outfootsies her and can lock her down with kunai pressure(it helps that her reversal is much better now). He doesnt really have any answer for Swarm Cancels unless he wants to risk a reversal that you can full combo punish. The other good thing is you can shutdown flipkicks because anytime he whiffs one you can f112 into cancels which puts him in a bad spot. I'd say its a pretty even MU but I have limited experience so take all of that with a grain of salt.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
The main thing is to just get in and pressure. Its kinda difficult because he outfootsies her and can lock her down with kunai pressure(it helps that her reversal is much better now). He doesnt really have any answer for Swarm Cancels unless he wants to risk a reversal that you can full combo punish. The other good thing is you can shutdown flipkicks because anytime he whiffs one you can f112 into cancels which puts him in a bad spot. I'd say its a pretty even MU but I have limited experience so take all of that with a grain of salt.
alright, btw, can u full combo punish him if you read one of his teleport cancels during pressure? or at the very least get my pressure started?

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
What characters do you guys feel are good secondary characters to specialize in (besides Takedas other variations) that can take care of his bad match ups? I've been playing with Takeda since I started playing and am looking at playing a secondary character when facing characters like Tarkatan, Kang etc.

What characters do you guys feel are good secondary characters to specialize in (besides Takedas other variations) that can take care of his bad match ups? I've been playing with Takeda since I started playing and am looking at playing a secondary character when facing characters like Tarkatan, Kang etc.
IDK I feel like Takeda doesn t do that bad in the MU you just talked about

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So what does a Takeda do against Jax. In the neutral I'm alright and my spacing needs work but I can identify that. Once cornered though it's ass nightmare city. I had some better success using Lasher a few times but it was still as overall.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Ok well whatever bad match ups you do feel he has, what is a character that you can play to counter them?
shaolin

also - i kinda think takeda is good at keeping alien out.. sucks when he gets in cause then youre pretty much guessing but f12 b21 raw spear kunai checks for me actaully have been* doing very well against keeping alien as far away from me as possible. right now i have the most trouble with konjur alien but then again nobody every plays that one.

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
So what does a Takeda do against Jax. In the neutral I'm alright and my spacing needs work but I can identify that. Once cornered though it's ass nightmare city. I had some better success using Lasher a few times but it was still as overall.

this is one of those matches where you just have to play jax where hes lacking-- jax is 80% always gonna win the corner game it seems and all it takes is one hit to send you flying there :( .. neutral and spacing is are strong point in this match and do whatever you can to escape the corner as fast as possible. that really my best ways of playing jax...

a well timed/placed poke , meter burn tornado kick/fist flurry, or meter burning interactables help me when im stuck in the corner.. tornado kick can get stuffed but i do have good success with it.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
this is one of those matches where you just have to play jax where hes lacking-- jax is 80% always gonna win the corner game it seems and all it takes is one hit to send you flying there :( .. neutral and spacing is are strong point in this match and do whatever you can to escape the corner as fast as possible. that really my best ways of playing jax...

a well timed/placed poke , meter burn tornado kick/fist flurry, or meter burning interactables help me when im stuck in the corner.. tornado kick can get stuffed but i do have good success with it.
Yeah that's what I've been doing and having mix results. It doesn't help that my partner is waaaay better than me at the game in general so it's like worst matchup in the game and the skill level is wide lol.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Yeah that's what I've been doing and having mix results. It doesn't help that my partner is waaaay better than me at the game in general so it's like worst matchup in the game and the skill level is wide lol.
I remember when this MU was absolutely terrible for Takeda, and it's still hard.

Try picking the dead woods map against Jax. It is the longest map in the game and it can take Jax awhile to get Takeda in the corner, which is what you're trying to avoid.

I typically pick Dead Woods against characters with insane corner games such as Grandmaster Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Jax as well.

If you're playing Ronin however, and you're fighting against Zoning characters, try using the Jinsei Chamber map to keep your opponent from running or interactable jumping all over the place. I've seen a lot of Kotal Khan players do this.

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I remember when this MU was absolutely terrible for Takeda, and it's still hard.

Try picking the dead woods map against Jax. It is the longest map in the game and it can take Jax awhile to get Takeda in the corner, which is what you're trying to avoid.

I typically pick Dead Woods against characters with insane corner games such as Grandmaster Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Jax as well.

If you're playing Ronin however, and you're fighting against Zoning characters, try using the Jinsei Chamber map to keep your opponent from running or interactable jumping all over the place. I've seen a lot of Kotal Khan players do this.
Good to know

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

good stuff man - i didnt know this or even think of it

madzin 101 lol

Isn t the refugee camp bigger?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
What variation of Takeda can play MKX against Mileana now?
Ronin is your best chance, but Mileena is a really bad MU for Takeda. I just use Sub-Zero everytime I meet a Mileena online.

One reason I say Mileena is really bad is because I've seen them able to low profile Takeda's F1 by using BD4. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this? She can also nullify a lot of Takeda's air specials with her teleport.

Ronin is your best chance, but Mileena is a really bad MU for Takeda. I just use Sub-Zero everytime I meet a Mileena online.

One reason I say Mileena is really bad is because I've seen them able to low profile Takeda's F1 by using BD4. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this? She can also nullify a lot of Takeda's air specials with her teleport.
yeah she low profiles f1 d1 and even ronin b11 with her roll

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Mileena is dumb. My normal counter for her is Kuatan Goro and a random online mileena ball roll underneath my d1 and cost me the game. I was salty as the person tbagged n left. -__-

Harlequin969

Always press buttons

Between Jax, Mileana and Shinnok my Takeda gets rekt. I'm also starting to think Triborg and Takeda share some of the same bad matchups