What's new

Match-up Discussion Superman Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
KF 50/50 can be jumped out of??? Is that back/forward jump or neutral? Neutral jump is slightly slower than the others.

Batgirl - Her 50/50 "vortex" can be back dashed so mash it when she is throwing her trashy combos out. For whatever reason it seems that if Batgirl whiffs a teleport her recovery is faster and I can never punish it or maybe its because I'm backing up too far out of range? I have no problems punishing it when I block it straight up. Anyone clarify that?

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
there is a large write up of match specific strats in the All star superman guide in this forum. Take a look and see if those answer your questions. if they dont' then come back and give us a rundown on what particularly is getting you.
Note: Air lasers nowadays unless very close to the ground are generally contraindicated in game because most people know how to punish it. you can get away with it with maybe certain characters, but if they catch on, they will scout it and blow you up.

I don't know if it missing or not but I didn't see a write up on the match up vs Raven though I was also having trouble vs Batgirl but a write up was done in this thread so that solves that problem but vs Raven still remains. I have no problem with any other characters except her.

What I basically do with him vs Raven is playing on the defensive using the zap and air lasers. Im too afraid to get in close with dashing as I will eat her gravity squeeze. Im not sure what to even do vs her. She the only one im have trouble with. And that trait of hers where they teleport to other side and use J.2 seems to always get me a lot.

Basically im afraid to get in close vs her and fear that gravity squeeze special of hers. Im hoping someone can help me with this and what im doing wrong.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I don't know if it missing or not but I didn't see a write up on the match up vs Raven though I was also having trouble vs Batgirl but a write up was done in this thread so that solves that problem but vs Raven still remains. I have no problem with any other characters except her.

What I basically do with him vs Raven is playing on the defensive using the zap and air lasers. Im too afraid to get in close with dashing as I will eat her gravity squeeze. Im not sure what to even do vs her. She the only one im have trouble with. And that trait of hers where they teleport to other side and use J.2 seems to always get me a lot.

Basically im afraid to get in close vs her and fear that gravity squeeze special of hers. Im hoping someone can help me with this and what im doing wrong.
You have to play very patient at range, then rushdown once you get close. Don't dash at full screen unless you block a "gravity squeeze" first. If you do block it, you are allowed one free dash forward as she recovers from her move. Otherwise, just hold forward and walk. The goal in this match-up is to float your way into F2 range without dashing like an idiot. Once you establish mid-range presence, make her block F23~Breath or any other string and begin pressuring. She has a hard time dealing with Supes close range game and wake-up pressure.

If you block a squeeze within F2 range, you can punish it with F23 into a full combo. Also be wary of her teleport when she's in trait. You can D2 on reaction for a combo as well. When you're outside of squeeze range (more full screen, or more than 3/4ths) fight back with Heat Zap and [MB] Heat visions to chip / hit her. I find this to be effective to equalize damage if you're losing, mostly because she can't randomly do squeeze and all she has is fireball at that point. Good luck!

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
You have to play very patient at range, then rushdown once you get close. Don't dash at full screen unless you block a "gravity squeeze" first. If you do block it, you are allowed one free dash forward as she recovers from her move. Otherwise, just hold forward and walk. The goal in this match-up is to float your way into F2 range without dashing like an idiot. Once you establish mid-range presence, make her block F23~Breath or any other string and begin pressuring. She has a hard time dealing with Supes close range game and wake-up pressure.

If you block a squeeze within F2 range, you can punish it with F23 into a full combo. Also be wary of her teleport when she's in trait. You can D2 on reaction for a combo as well. When you're outside of squeeze range (more full screen, or more than 3/4ths) fight back with Heat Zap and [MB] Heat visions to chip / hit her. I find this to be effective to equalize damage if you're losing, mostly because she can't randomly do squeeze and all she has is fireball at that point. Good luck!

Thanks a lot man this really helped me out a lot. Now I have a better understanding on how to play in this match up.

HawkGirl anyone? I usually demolish HG at the beginning of the match but after that they start to abuse the trait and play keepaway. For me the Dashing Mace attack will either go through my block or after I block she goes back up to the air and keeps throwing maces until she can safely do her flying overhead knockdown attack. That Trait really screws me over.

They always anticipate Rising Grab and mace their way to fullscreen again.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
I've been having a helluva time with Scorps. I know that you can downblock his teleport on read, however I have a hard time truly punishing him. I play online, so I realize that input lag and frame lag plays a big part, but I'm just wondering if any of you guys have picked up any solid tactics against him.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide.

Always walk forward, slow gliding to him, press forward down only when. You see spear, this ensures you will not eat a teleport. Only negative is you have to get good at this before you can begin jump reacting to the fire. you still got to learn his reset chains in order to better block them though.

Dan

KomboMaker
Do you guys know that The Flash can easily punish Superman f2,3+superbreath string with an uppercut?

When The Flash uses d2, his hit box lowers and is not hit by the first hit from superman (f2) which is mid! Is this a bug?

Raynex

Not a bug, it's been mentioned numerous times. F2 doesn't hit characters with very low hitboxes. It's F23's only weakness. Aquaman's D2 lowers his hurtbox similarly and beats Supes F2

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
aqua's trait is very very annoying....I'm basically limited to F23, F23, F2-scoop, 3-flying punch (MB) to get some damage and corner carry to pressure. Only...aqua is tough for me to pressure. Thankfully, he's minus on a lot of shit but man...his spacing..

Raynex

Superman doesn't lose too much damage because of all his shit launches immediately + he can activate trait mid juggle. It's not that bad compared to most other characters. Also if you solely punish with F23 instead of 223, it gives your opponent less time to confirm your hit and trait to escape combos.

When you're facing Aquaman you should never really use [MB] Breath in combos unless his trait is recharging. Yo should however use your trait for damage after the launch. Don't bother ending combos in hard knockdowns (he can trait if he gets hit by your mix-up). I think Quantum has the right idea in always going to the corner. It's what I do as well; you can chip him / get throws / tack on damage as he tries to escape. He's annoying to fight but I still think Supes runs over him, he's simply way too punishable.

xQUANTUMx

ya I MB breath sometimes to "standing reset" him. basically it conditions him to block bc he thinks he's gonna get combo'd. then I throw. Its a waste of meter, and I only do it sometimes, but it gets in his head and I can set up follow up pressure.

Raynex

I'd rather save the meter to win clashes, gain back life, push block [MB] trident stab chip, and Super for half life. In this match-up I think its a waste to use it if he has trait loaded, period. I can respect your opinion though. I just don't think blowing a bar for like 8% (or w/e grab damage is) makes it worth it. It's already hard to enough to land a solid hit, so meter for clashes and Super really helps (also for MB interactables)

xQUANTUMx

I'd rather save the meter to win clashes, gain back life, push block [MB] trident stab chip, and Super for half life. In this match-up I think its a waste to use it if he has trait loaded, period. I can respect your opinion though. I just don't think blowing a bar for like 8% (or w/e grab damage is) makes it worth it. It's already hard to enough to land a solid hit, so meter for clashes and Super really helps (also for MB interactables)
I completely agree with you, that's why I only do it sometimes. Otherwise I'm forced to be methodical. Aqua can be very patient, so it feels like a counter attacking match more than other chars

Sent from my iPhone

MrAvA

Smashing.
Do you guys know that The Flash can easily punish Superman f2,3+superbreath string with an uppercut?

When The Flash uses d2, his hit box lowers and is not hit by the first hit from superman (f2) which is mid! Is this a bug?
You the funny part about that , I was helping this flash player (Hellion_96) on how to get out of the F23 string and I said d2 and he didn't believe me and told me to stop spreading lies. God thats what I get for helping people.

Anyways are you guys excited for the Man of Steel Movie I cant wait for it, hope they have a DLC movie costume or at least the new 52 one. I REALLLY want that swirl on Clark's hair.

Reactions: Dan

xQUANTUMx

You the funny part about that , I was helping this flash player (Hellion_96) on how to get out of the F23 string and I said d2 and he didn't believe me and told me to stop spreading lies. God thats what I get for helping people.

Anyways are you guys excited for the Man of Steel Movie I cant wait for it, hope they have a DLC movie costume or at least the new 52 one. I REALLLY want that swirl on Clark's hair.
Um....I have the new 52 one....

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.