What's new

Super girl ice breath is pretty dumb and very inconsistent.

Did you know about this?

• Of course, I know everything about everything!

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • No, Ive never seen this.

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Black Adam is plus on strings for free, or for trait
Batman rolls in with bats and you have to hold the followup
Atrocitus is plus for 20 seconds with trait forcing you to pushblock
Robin recalls a rang for free and you have to hold the followup
Catwoman does 1f2 for free whenever in order to be plus on an overhead mini-mixup
Cheetah f3's for free and is +10
Superman f3's for free and is +7
Wonder Woman 223's and is plus a million for free
Darkseid's wakeup is plus
Supergirl spends a bar of meter to be maybe -1 with pushback, assuming her opponent is blocking a certain way, and it's a crime against humanity

Makes sense

There are much better arguments for why Supergirl is good.
You forgot about Cyborg. He just presses 112 for free whenever in order to be +6
Swamp Things B3 is meterless and more plus than Supergirls MB breath

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The only change this character needed was B123 to be about -6
Like @ShadyHeart said, it probably counts as a projectile but I still think this should be a consistent -5.
The damage buff was not that big but I still think it wasn't necessary.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You forgot about Cyborg. He just presses 112 for free whenever in order to be +6
Yeah 112 is not a point blank range high with a massive gap in it or anything. Totally comparable. Swamp Things F3 lol yeah a nice fast button right there

I feel like everyone knows about it but nooooobody has brought it up and I agree it's bull. I honestly can't stand the super girl community and how they whinned themselves into unnecessary buffs..
Is this satire? You whined and whined and whined until Scarecrow was given unnecessary buffs. Take a year off posting you are so annoyingly stupid

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Yeah 112 is not a point blank range high with a massive gap in it or anything. Totally comparable. Swamp Things F3 lol yeah a nice fast button right there

Is this satire? You whined and whined and whined until Scarecrow was given unnecessary buffs. Take a year off posting you are so annoyingly stupid
You mean a fixed bug that caused him to not have a wake up.. lol and you're calling me stupid

Why is this thread so condescending and suggests that if you say you know it, you're a know it all.

I've known about this and I don't know everything, or even much of anything about this game.
I can change it if you want.
The thing is it's not some widely known thing outside of the supergirl community and whoever did know it never really brought it up to the community as a whole, atleast as far as I know. Sure some people will know of it but it was still something the vast majority of people didn't talk about. I've never heard any commentators, players or anyone ever say 'oh yea you shouldn't really poke supergirl after a mb icebreath if you're that character' or 'well ya supergirl doesn't really lose her turn after mb icebreath' or 'well supergirl has a plus special launcher'.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
I can change it if you want.
The thing is it's not some widely known thing outside of the supergirl community and whoever did know it never really brought it up to the community as a whole, atleast as far as I know. Sure some people will know of it but it was still something the vast majority of people didn't talk about. I've never heard any commentators, players or anyone ever say 'oh yea you shouldn't really poke supergirl after a mb icebreath if you're that character' or 'well ya supergirl doesn't really lose her turn after mb icebreath' or 'well supergirl has a plus special launcher'.
I know because I've played sets vs Theo and Deoxys who both abuse this. You don't have to be a know it all to know about this. Of course TYMers and commentators don't know about it, they don't know anything besides KP, but KP doesn't play this game enough in particular to know every little thing like he did on mk.

I know because I've played sets vs Theo and Deoxys who both abuse this. You don't have to be a know it all to know about this. Of course TYMers and commentators don't know about it, they don't know anything besides KP, but KP doesn't play this game enough in particular to know every little thing like he did on mk.
I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say. None of the top players that knew of this ever talked about it to the general public. It was all like a big secret. Never mentioned in tier lists, character discussions, never on any videos that I found. Basically I didnt really care what the players that knew this thought of the poll question because this shouldve been shared with the general public. Supergirls launcher thats already a pressure tool and can be done after any button press to combo being plus against certain characters is pretty big for it just to never be brought up.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Why is this thread so condescending and suggests that if you say you know it, you're a know it all.

I've known about this and I don't know everything, or even much of anything about this game.
because it's an attack aimed at you personally, made with the intent of condescending you tweedy

Tweedy

Noob
I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say. None of the top players that knew of this ever talked about it to the general public. It was all like a big secret. Never mentioned in tier lists, character discussions, never on any videos that I found. Basically I didnt really care what the players that knew this thought of the poll question because this shouldve been shared with the general public. Supergirls launcher thats already a pressure tool and can be done after any button press to combo being plus against certain characters is pretty big for it just to never be brought up.
There's no secrets there's just little to no point of talking to the general public about tech.

There's no secrets there's just little to no point of talking to the general public about tech.
So thats why the question was phrased that way. Why should I respect the people that knew this tech but did not respect the community enough to share it?
I understand that not everyone needs to be sharing all their tech however they cant be upset when someone is bothered by them not sharing the information, especially if it is something relatively big.
Its just not healthy for the community as a whole to want to leave each other in the dark and keep secrets from each other. Sure there's a competitive side where it may help you win but as a whole the game will suffer.

Dont get me wrong there probably were very few discussions about this somewhere but it clearly was not shared with the general public.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
So thats why the question was phrased that way. Why should I respect the people that knew this tech but did not respect the community enough to share it?
I understand that not everyone needs to be sharing all their tech however they cant be upset when someone is bothered by them not sharing the information, especially if it is something relatively big.
Its just not healthy for the community as a whole to want to leave each other in the dark and keep secrets from each other. Sure there's a competitive side where it may help you win but as a whole the game will suffer.

Dont get me wrong there probably were very few discussions about this somewhere but it clearly was not shared with the general public.
No one is keeping secrets. That's just a toxic mentality like "ermagerd no one will give me games". Keeping secrets is just something that someone who couldn't win made up one day. It's another excuse.

Reality is that literally 98% of community discussion devolves into "this is broke and this needs buffs". It has nothing to do with needing to hide stuff to win, this community is just annoying. Your thread opens with claiming that it's fact that Supergirl is the best lol.

No one is keeping secrets. That's just a toxic mentality like "ermagerd no one will give me games". Keeping secrets is just something that someone who couldn't win made up one day. It's another excuse.

Reality is that literally 98% of community discussion devolves into "this is broke and this needs buffs". It has nothing to do with needing to hide stuff to win, this community is just annoying. Your thread opens with claiming that it's fact that Supergirl is the best lol.
First the comment about supergirl was obviously my opinion mixed with some sarcasm. Obviously not serious.
Second, it is completely untrue that players do not hold onto tech so they can do well that is seen all over the place, there is no way you can deny it.
Im not necessarily accusing the players that knew this of doing that its just they didnt bother care about the community enough to share it or at least their attempts to share it went unnoticed.
There is nothing wrong with discussion on whether or not something is balanced, the discussion is what improves the game and furthers the community.

Imagine if there was an infinite in the game and a player just held onto the tech until a big tournament. This obviously is possible and it obviously is not good for the game when it is being held onto. We want the game to be more accessible to the public not less.

Last edited:

You are acting like Cyborg has Mix Ups and an advancing mid or 113 isn't a high or Swamp things b3 isn't one of the slowest moves in the game.

Next you'll be talking about Joker's 112 being +5

You aren't looking at the character as a whole. Supergirl has a safe/plus on block delayable launcher, that can be cancelled out of almost every string.

P.S. I can't believe I just saw hype for Wonderwoman's 223 a string with a gap the size of the daily planet ffs.

Last edited:
Early on in inj2 I talked on here trying to understand why sg isn't placing high. I was immediately labeled a scrub for "letting ice breath go unpunished." Don't care too much about what ppl think but thank you for showing this community we're not in denial.

Ps the op had a lot of great humor

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You are acting like Cyborg has Mix Ups and an advancing mid or 113 isn't a high or Swamp things b3 isn't one of the slowest moves in the game.

Next you'll be talking about Joker's 112 being +5

You aren't looking at the character as a whole. Supergirl has a safe/plus on block delayable launcher, that can be cancelled out of almost every string.
I was sarcastic but it clearly failed

Tweedy

Noob
Mentalities like "people hide tech", and "we're just not good because top players don't give us games", are why people stay off this site, along with talk about who is OP and who is too weak being precedent.

Honestly i'll just stop there because i'm gonna get a bunch of people who dunno what they're talking about, telling me i'm wrong. I'm not.

No one hides tech.

Anyone can get games.

For most people the strength of their character does not determine their success.

Reactions: JDE

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't think people were necessarily hiding this and the OP may seem more condescending than necessary, but I think it's more humorous than actually being a dick. I knew it had variable frame data based on distance, but I didn't know it was THIS beneficial to Supergirl, it's good that the thread was made, I learned something.

haketh

Noob
No one talked about this because this is something anyone should have known if they thought about it for more than five seconds.

Like projectiles having varying frame data due to pushback has always been a thing in everything, why would the MB Ice Breath be any different with how it's always worked?

No one talked about this because this is something anyone should have known if they thought about it for more than five seconds.

Like projectiles having varying frame data due to pushback has always been a thing in everything, why would the MB Ice Breath be any different with how it's always worked?
You wouldnt think the pushback would result in such wide ranges of frame advantages from -5 to +alot depending on which character it is against.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Mentalities like "people hide tech", and "we're just not good because top players don't give us games", are why people stay off this site, along with talk about who is OP and who is too weak being precedent.

Honestly i'll just stop there because i'm gonna get a bunch of people who dunno what they're talking about, telling me i'm wrong. I'm not.

No one hides tech.

Anyone can get games.

For most people the strength of their character does not determine their success.
Mentalities like "people hide tech" and "top players won't give me games" are two different mentalities and only idiots will share both of them.

Whether people are hiding tech for selfish reasons or because they just can't be arsed to discuss it doesn't really matter, the point that any mentally sound person would try to make is that it's harms the community either way. I don't understand why you're trying to refute this.

If people don't want to help the community by discussing tech that's fine, but you can't then start criticising the community afterwards when, by not discussing important information, you're causing more harm than some random TYM troll who hates Batman and has a hard on for Quan Chi. It stops community development and the "general public" who want to get better at the game don't know where to start.

Not once has the OP made any unreasonable points besides some sarcastic comments about Supergirl early on in the thread. Yet you still seem dead set on arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
That isn't the discussion here. No one is saying people should or shouldn't be plus, it's the inconsistency.