What's new

Starfire Matchup Chart Ver. 2.0 (Now In WIP)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Deadshot wins only 6-4

After any projectile you can check with beam and it beats all movement and startup up of riffle. Df3 is huge in neutral.

Also after a ducked high shot I get a star dust on screen. Even on trade u end up plus.

DS has to think in his zoning vs her.
She loses to Supergirl imo 6-4. SF can't play her game at all and has to play neutral and shit thanks to teleport, float and lasers. SG f3 shenanigans and air pressure is an extra coz SF's wakeups are ass against anything from above.

Sub is even as long as you're outside slide range which can be difficult to stay in. He has slight advantage if he's in range to use it but it's a baiting game at that point.

Darkseid is 5-5 but it really sucks if he gets a life lead, his damage is the main problem as trades are always in his favor.
Trait can punish straight lasers if you're not fullscreen away and jump 3 extended is a great way to tell his wakeup knee to eat a dick.
You can b2 air tele on reaction as long as you're not playing online which is nice, but it's still an option to check star's zoning.

Redhood is 5-5 or maybe slight star advantage from my experience but I haven't played that many. Trait punishing back lunge is a nice bonus to have.

More input later.

Thanks for the info guys, the thread has been changed to reflect these opinions of the MU.

@Tweedy You have anything to say about Black Manta?
@xKhaoTik Anything you want to add about Ivy?

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Darkseid 5-5 IMO
They both annoy the crap out of each other as with good reads and better reactions darkseid can heavily punish star fire if she fucks up, but star fire's trait can really instantly check darkseid and stop him from playing any fullscreen game. But I haven't played a really good star fire yet.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Let's not forget that Shooting Star makes Brainiac players consider putting down their controller.
I said that lol. DP. It’s truly a nightmare for him

And about Ivy. I only ran it once and I was Ivy. I want to run it as starfire tho. But from my exp, it feels like starfire has the advantage. Barkskin is a life savor tho

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Could explain why you think she loses. I know lots of people think her b12 is a good footsie tool against her.
Star dust gives her so many problems since she can't flip through it. Plus her trait pushes her back as well. She can't really jump on star either and add in the fact that canary can't vortex her or do knockdown setups(because weave charge) she has a really hard time staying next to her.

haketh

Noob
She wins vs sub 6-4. He literally can’t deap with jump back 3. Use beam to punish trait call.

He has a hard time opening people up
Can't slide punish Jump Back 3, she has a fair bit of landing recovery nd the hitbox on Slide is nice.

EDIT: This is gonna be one of the rare times I upplay Darkseid but I think the MU is 6-4 his favor. Teleport is a huge issue for her & he can play a bit risky because his reward is so much bigger on stuff than hers. His lack of an actual neutral game is an issue but this is one of those times where it's not a huge issue cuz he can negate hers really easily.

Snacks you can light off the Fireworks I said a nice thing about Darkseid

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Interesting as to why you think catwoman loses. Starfire is probably the only character that completely shuts down her j2. Her lack of a 6frame d1 means she has to respect SF at -1 and she can’t anti-air her j3 for shit.

Obviously I’m scrub, but I’d like to know what makes this matchup so poor for starfire.

ClayW

Samourai
Wonder Woman is one of the main reasons I started using her more. Starfire punishes her ground shield with trait and just overall zones her pretty good. If she gets you cornered Starfire has one of the better anti airs in b2 vs Wowo's jump 3 specifically, and mb b3 only really gets broke by d12.

I do good vs Yung with her and Akro won't even play Wowo vs my Starfire anymore. I think it's one of her strongest mu.
Disregarding neutral, do you think that starfire deals with wonder woman’s neutral well? Also, can she poke through wowos 223? I’m asking because I actually do not know

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Interesting as to why you think catwoman loses. Starfire is probably the only character that completely shuts down her j2. Her lack of a 6frame d1 means she has to respect SF at -1 and she can’t anti-air her j3 for shit.

Obviously I’m scrub, but I’d like to know what makes this matchup so poor for starfire.
4-6 in Catwoman's favor isn't a giant loss for Starfire but to answer your question,

Catwoman's walk speed makes it difficult to zone her because one wrong projectile could lead to a j2 or MB b3 punish. Speaking of jump ins, Starfire has to make a risky read to air to air since b2 and d2 are not very reliable up close. She's constantly forced to pushblock Catwoman but again, that doesn't matter with her retarded walk speed. Lastly, she just out damages her really bad after Starfire's nerfs.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
4-6 in Catwoman's favor isn't a giant loss for Starfire but to answer your question,

Catwoman's walk speed makes it difficult to zone her because one wrong projectile could lead to a j2 or MB b3 punish. Speaking of jump ins, Starfire has to make a risky read to air to air since b2 and d2 are not very reliable up close. She's constantly forced to pushblock Catwoman but again, that doesn't matter with her (soap bar in my mouth) walk speed. Lastly, she just out damages her really bad after Starfire's nerfs.
She anti airs with db3, there’s very little risk. Literally can catch catwoman from half screen.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Catwoman's walk speed makes it difficult to zone her because one wrong projectile could lead to a j2 or MB b3 punish. Speaking of jump ins, Starfire has to make a risky read to air to air since b2 and d2 are not very reliable up close. She's constantly forced to pushblock Catwoman but again, that doesn't matter with her (soap bar in my mouth) walk speed. Lastly, she just out damages her really bad after Starfire's nerfs.
I would like to add that Catwoman has great options against her zoning with evade and low whip so she can deal with trait mindgames better. Not to mention she can harass Starfire on knockdown

Tweedy

Noob
Catwoman is just extremely busted imo. Plus 50/50s, MKX armor, insane mobility, 10 frame mid that launches for 40% meterless midscreen. Even if on paper you can anti air her and have a faster poke, it doesn't mean much. There's few characters that can fight her well imo and Starfire isn't one of them.

Does anyone have insight as to why Deadshot wins against Starfire 6-4? I'm personally having trouble with the matchup and I'm curious what I'm not doing that I should.

kevkopdx

Noob
Does anyone have insight as to why Deadshot wins against Starfire 6-4? I'm personally having trouble with the matchup and I'm curious what I'm not doing that I should.
Well I mean you should be able to out zone her... I don’t have a lot of my experience against deadshot, but I fought a decent one yesterday and it was tough to get in, lowshot under her projectile, I’ll bet mb rifle is a trade in deadshots favor for stardust

This is a matchup chart that is a work in progress and will continuously be updated throughout the game's life.

Everyone's input is welcome so notes can be added about each matchup.

I'd also be great if anyone is willing to make a visual once it's finalized.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Aquaman: 6-4

Atom: N/A

Atrocitus: 6-4

Bane: 6-4

Batman: 5-5

Black Adam: 4-6

Black Canary: ??

Black Manta: ??

Blue Beetle: ??

Brainiac: Possible 7-3?

Captain Cold: 6-4

Catwoman: 4-6

Cheetah: 5-5 / 6-4?

Cyborg: 6-4

Darkseid: ??

Deadshot: 4-6

Dr Fate: 4-6

Firestorm: 5-5

Flash: 5-5/ ??

Gorilla Grodd: 6-4

Green Arrow: 4-6

Green Lantern: 6-4

Harley Quinn: 6-4

Hellboy: N/A

Joker: 6-4

Poison Ivy: 5-5

Raiden: 5-5 / ??

Red Hood: 5-5

Robin: 5-5

Scarecrow: 6-4

Starfire: 5-5

Sub Zero: 5-5

Supergirl: 4-6

Superman: 5-5

Swamp thing: 6-4

Wonder Woman: 6-4

i feel she 7-3s bane, really a horrible mu for him in general, she has grab immunity, a multihit projectile, easy ways to stop bane from getting in, and punishes charge hard, and even can annoy him with wakeup game to keep him in check.

But she loses 3-7 to deadshot. Deadshot is signficantly harder than her other challenging matchups, she has no business beating him. She can atleast play her game to a degree in the other matchups. you can't jump 3 him to death.

i also feel she does well vs superman, her down 1 range counters his pressure because he can't just walk out of range and punish it, her b2 crushes footsies and his jumps, as well as f2, and she can zone him out fairly easily as well.

I also think you are shy to pull the trigger on other matchups

she probably beats grodd harder, lantern harder and even joker harder. she punishes cheetahs bs very effectively as well. Also, what can aquaman even do vs her??

NRS games will always be lopsiided imo down the road. I still think doctor fate is a better version of her though.

She doesn't have a strong mixup game so shouldn't be opening you up, and she should never outzone you. She can only harass you with her op jump 3 and footsie tools. Your pressure and mixup game is far better as well. You can duck her high projectile with low rifle, which is the only projectile she can use to trade vs you efficiently and she has to do that midrange because your high gun shot will out recover her. If she uses trait, it can be interrupted, and her hit advantage on a trade is poor to where you can power through it and outpace her. her jump speed and arc is not retarded so she can be punish wiht good projectile timing. If she manages the zoning advantage and gets you with her stardust frame trap, she can't sustain it you can bait out trait or guess she will do another and shoot a high shot. One she uses trait she loses and you outpace her again. she can only make a meaningful trade with mb trait for knockdown which is too expensive.

Basically, starfire has to stay even in life, get to midscreen and attempt to check you with fireballs, and can you with random jumps and hope she can outfootsie you. you far outpressure her and if you don't throw out normals recklessly you win in almost every way.

if you ever get a lifelead with distance she's hopeless and if you are at a disadvantage if you make good reads you can easily come back, outchip her etc.

I said that lol. DP. It’s truly a nightmare for him

And about Ivy. I only ran it once and I was Ivy. I want to run it as starfire tho. But from my exp, it feels like starfire has the advantage. Barkskin is a life savor tho
Don't you think brainiac can kind of mixup his jump heights and quickly divekick to bait that move out? or like insta divekick to get in? I feel like he can't mindlessly jump like normal, but should ahve the tools to get in and once he's in can still be a menace, she probably wins but i think her neutral vs him is a bit read dependent.

I'd liek to try my crappy pocket brainiac out in the mu, see what i could come up with.