What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Demolition Sonya demolition is her reload safe?

Are you having problems pulling off Drone grenade reload on certain MU's after combo

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Props to: @SidTheHaze , @MsMiharo for thier awesome combos i borrowed for this video, it helped me get her down very quickly. thanks guys;)

i have been having a hard time getting her reload to work against the majority of the cast.

that drone call has horrific recovery. a few others on here pointed out some combos and i use alot of them in my videos.. if so you wont pull it off online.

thanks everybody.... i found that it super safe from your comments.

here is the combo

here is how long it takes: needed to link DD1 on F4

i wasnt linking DD1 on F4

if you agree let me know and help me get this to nrs eyes, if im wrong show me in video. i would love to learn more tech!

i feel now she is a top 10 character and may be even better than her other variations.

don't be afraid to post some new tech as you figure it out. advanced setups. poke strings to knock them into grenades, wakeup grenade setups and MBWU setups... i would love to see what this vast community comes up with.

please tag anyone you think could add to this tread

@MILE_HIGH_CLUB
@Eddy Wang
@lslick
@Pan1cMode
@SidTheHaze
@Fraud Blank
@DaZengie
@MsMiharo
@@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@MrAquary

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I still have not dabbled in Demo yet, just CO. Saw Sids guide the other day, and took some notes from that. Just watched the first vid so far. Can she not end that combo in 2134 which gives a splat like in CO [maybe enough time to make that reload safe off that combo]?

MadeOfMetal

I still have not dabbled in Demo yet, just CO. Saw Sids guide the other day, and took some notes from that. Just watched the first vid so far. Can she not end that combo in 2134 which gives a splat like in CO [maybe enough time to make that reload safe off that combo]?
it was a great guide, i learned a lot from them. including those combos. sids combos are awesome just certain caracters are so fast on wakeup
the hit advantage frames are less than F4 i think F4 has 29 hit advantage

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I like ending combos in 2134 it ends in a long Knockdown tech roll or not. You have 2-3 frames to input reload though.

And your caught full screen w/o grenades you can EX reload or you can try to hit a EX Rings any EX Rings 3/4 screen and over grants a safe reload

@EazySleazyGames instead of ending the combo with F4 try ending it with B1 4 since it is a HDK mid combo, what I would do is after ur last stun grenade input b1 4 but make the b1 whiff and the 4 connect, this should give u plenty of time to safely setup, u want Jacqui close to u anyway not far, u don't want to have to deal with her zoning.

MadeOfMetal

ill try it thanks guys, ill hit you back

while you are waiting here is a variation of those combos i came up with:

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
ill try it thanks guys, ill hit you back

while you are waiting here is a variation of those combos i came up with:

In the corner, use b14:

In midscreen, you need to cancel your f4 into dd1 otherwise you'll get punished by characters with a fast horizontal recovery or teleport:

MadeOfMetal

In the corner, use b14:

In midscreen, you need to cancel your f4 into dd1 otherwise you'll get punished by characters with a fast horizontal recovery or teleport:
im getting that cold war pack she looks sick... and thanks

MadeOfMetal

@EazySleazyGames instead of ending the combo with F4 try ending it with B1 4 since it is a HDK mid combo, what I would do is after ur last stun grenade input b1 4 but make the b1 whiff and the 4 connect, this should give u plenty of time to safely setup, u want Jacqui close to u anyway not far, u don't want to have to deal with her zoning.
isnt b14 an OH to Low and does it not kock them down at all unless you link last hit on string B14(2)? but B14~DD1 at random successfully