What's new

So Captain cold's Ice wall got the nerf bat

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
"Captain Cold - The Wall has reduced pushback on block, 9 less blockstun frames, and 9 less recovery on block"

Clearly CC was winning evo's and shit so it had to be nerfed, no way NRS could allow an OP special like that to take good timing to punish.
GOOD JOB NRS! And keep the captain cold nerfs coming, God knows he needs it :DOGE

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Tbh captain cold just needed something simple like 12 db3ex to connect and hed be set.

But nope, lets melt that icecube!
Use 21 into mb db3 if you want a 10f punish. The normals 2 and 1 have pretty much the same range,

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
The cold community? Everyone who abandoned cold? People who sympathize with cold players?
btw how's buffs looking for swamp thing? he mid tier yet or you think it's about time you voice your discontent like super girl, WoWo & cheetah players?
Btw As a supergirl main im happy as fuck : D

They better not changer her at all after this. NO MORE BUFFS and no nerfs pls

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
"Captain Cold - The Wall has reduced pushback on block, 9 less blockstun frames, and 9 less recovery on block"

Clearly CC was winning evo's and shit so it had to be nerfed, no way NRS could allow an OP special like that to take good timing to punish.
GOOD JOB NRS! And keep the captain cold nerfs coming, God knows he needs it :DOGE
The only nerf I see here is that they made db2 an easier punish by decreasing the pushback so every character gets a consistant punish. Blockstun and recovery means it is an more instant punish after the move have connected on block, so it doesnt have weird blockstun like Grodd's stampede.

Besides, if you use d1 xx db2 in footsies and dont mb if you see it gets blocked, you should get punishes...

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Captain Cold recovers faster, but so does the opponent due to the same amount of reduced blockstun, so it doesn't seem to effectively do anything. It's not a buff at all overall, but a nerf due to reduces pushback.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
The cold community? Everyone who abandoned cold? People who sympathize with cold players?
btw how's buffs looking for swamp thing? he mid tier yet or you think it's about time you voice your discontent like super girl, WoWo & cheetah players?
You're literally complaining that your punishable on block move is now easier to punish. It's a non-issue. If you were getting away with it on block it was a gimmick that was honestly probably hindering you so suck it up.

Look at the positive Captain Cold's wall was not functioning correctly. It's main job was to stop projectiles from coming in and make them respect the wall approaching them, but more often then not you would completely waste a bar. That was something that needed to be adressed.

Last edited:

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
This is NRS' way of literally saying, no, we don't want you using d1~wall in neutral, and if they block your wall on wakeup, they should be allowed to stay in your face for their already free punish.

It seriously wasn't even necessary, but it is what it is. Just amazing he received a nerf at all.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
hey if you wanna look dumb be my guest just don't blow up on me when i call you out as if i'm in the wrong for doing so.
You are wrong. Pros don't punish it all the time either, you must think they're super human and don't suffer from human error or delayed reaction. Even sonic fox fucks up, so don't know what you're talking about. It's never a good idea to make an already punishable move even easier to punish, especially when we're talking about a character as restricted as CC is vs the cast. What are you even attempting to do here other than stifling a character who needs help? Get in the superman and batman posts if you want a target, else you're not helping the game at all.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
You are wrong. Pros don't punish it all the time either, you must think they're super human and don't suffer from human error or delayed reaction. Even sonic fox fucks up, so don't know what you're talking about. It's never a good idea to make an already punishable move even easier to punish, especially when we're talking about a character as restricted as CC is vs the cast. What are you even attempting to do here other than stifling a character who needs help? Get in the superman and batman posts if you want a target, else you're not helping the game at all.
Done with ya. Have fun with whatever this is.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Done with ya. Have fun with whatever this is.
The problem is i'm not having fun losing as CC. I picked up most characters and all bar cold and swamp thing have been viable, cold needs help but people like you saying a nerf like this is a good idea or nothing to complain about is plain ignorance, pick him up before you be condescending. Otherwise you're just stifling a character that needs his problems voiced.