What's new

Match Footage Skarlett offline matches

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Just some offline matches of a offline player named emperor_skar who came trew for offline casuals the other day. Never seen a solid skarlett before. Well offline. I don't touch online that much. Anyways. Enjoy

ryublaze

Noob
Wow you have a great Skarlet! Skarlet looks so fast online.

One thing I noticed during the last half of the 1st video is that if you see your opponent stand blocking F2, 1, 2, 1+2 you can go for EX Dagger Toss into blockstring again. Other than that you played great.

Deity

Noob
Very solid skarlet! One thing: I noticed you tend to En red dash at random times in the first match. Meter is really important so try to use on reaction to forceballs instead.

EDIT: In your second match, I noticed you were getting punished for crossups alot. You should use down dagger while crossing up sometimes. It blows up anti air attemps and gives huge advantage on hit, so if it hits you can pressure like you would off a jip. Very impressive stuff though!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Wow you have a great Skarlet! Skarlet looks so fast online.

One thing I noticed during the last half of the 1st video is that if you see your opponent stand blocking F2, 1, 2, 1+2 you can go for EX Dagger Toss into blockstring again. Other than that you played great.
Opponents who know better will duck the EX dagger and poke you out of your dash.

I'm not sure who's Skarlet that was, Cat, you or your friends', but I liked your use of 1,1,2's for pressure. I recommend looking at the Post Patch Skarlet Combo's thread to see some better damaging midscreen combo's/resets. Fun matches.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Thanks guys. And that is not my skarlett. I'm the kabal player. And yeah he's working on some stuff. It's his first time playing us. And at first he was jumping too much which gets blown up offline really easy. But yeah he's really solid I never played a good skarlett before. I'll tell him to check out you Guys advice. As for the cross up dagger. I don't think that will work well against kabals ex dash :p but will definelty beat my d1s

ryublaze

Noob
Opponents who know better will duck the EX dagger and poke you out of your dash.

I'm not sure who's Skarlet that was, Cat, you or your friends', but I liked your use of 1,1,2's for pressure. I recommend looking at the Post Patch Skarlet Combo's thread to see some better damaging midscreen combo's/resets. Fun matches.
If the opponent is stand blocking the F2, 1, 2, 1+2 string then he can't duck under the EX Dagger after it otherwise he'll be hit, or at least that is what Training Mode tells me.