What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

I'm open to changing things...but you have to give reasons.

why is this about CD? I still dont get it.
I love you Mike, but Skarlet has been out for like 15 months, and she hasn't proven why she's top 5.

It wouldn't be fair if Sindel did well, and got like top 4, and we put her as a top 10 character.

Skarlet imo is 10. if not 10-13

But it wouldn't make sense to put skarlet at 2 or 3 if she should ever win or make top 8.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I love you Mike, but Skarlet has been out for like 15 months, and she hasn't proven why she's top 5.

It wouldn't be fair if Sindel did well, and got like top 4, and we put her as a top 10 character.

Skarlet imo is 10. if not 10-13

But it wouldn't make sense to put skarlet at 2 or 3 if she should ever win or make top 8.
Thats fine...I love you too. is it weird that I'm straight and I want to go on a man date with you?

But this is just a MU chart. Help me make it perfect.

Thats fine...I love you too. is it weird that I'm straight and I want to go on a man date with you?

But this is just a MU chart. Help me make it perfect.
I'll visit Atlanta in spring of 2013 and make the date good lol

Anyway, I can only offer Exp with Jade Sindel and Kitana

Kitana 5-5
Sindel 4-6
Jade 4-6

If you need exp ill post it later, got home from work and have to wake up at 6:30 for my morning shift :(

Very nice post.

if we are talking about up close directly, I would say that staggering 312 can end up in reptile eating either 114 rd into mix up or armor into launcher for big damage.

For every d4 that hits I feel skarlet can make 3-4 down daggers hit in anticipation. they do the same damage so dd wins imo...everyone has a d3 that is -7 on block...that isnt an advantage...in fact. Skarlets d3 lowers her hitbox more and with faster normals allows her better opportunity after hitting a d3.

IF we are talking about up close that means reptile has to get there first. she can end combos in f43 giving her massive advantage to start dagger cancels from full screen. I think this is where she wins...and with armor she can get a combo to push reptile full screen easier than most.
hmm interesting, I'll take that into account. Now midscreen, I have to respect your armor abilities since they can blow through my projectiles with ease. I will avoid this game since there isn't to much i can do mid screen distance, besides a dash maybe to close distance or ex dash to get in on her. I'm sure she can interrupt the ex dash with armor, so I'll be conscious of when to do that. From full screen, the only thing you'll see me doing is ducking projectiles and maybe an ex forceball to bait a teleport for a full combo on my side. All normal forceballs I'll only throw out at specific times, but mostly I will be trying to get close to skarlet. Now my question is, low hitboxs make her offense less effective right? also yeah d3's are always -7 on block, but it can't be punished so I can use it is the point I was making. If i land it, it is +3 on hit and that can get my pressure going or go for a grab, or use a d4 after since that is neutral on block. Now when I talk about staggering strings, I won't do it very often, it is a surprise factor I have with reptile which works at specifically caculated times. I know it is slow, so i dnt do it often.

Espio

Kokomo
Not that my opinion matters but....

Stryker 4-6
Jade 4-6
Sheeva 3-7

Skarlet doesn't prevent Stryker or Jade from playing off of their strengths enough for these to be 3-7 match ups. Stryker and Jade can still play their counterzoning footsie game well against her. I've played a lot of Skarlet players Khaotic Doom, Killa Nemesis, Mosp, Birdsongs and others for my Skarlet experience to formulate my opinion.

Stryker and Jade have a couple terrible match ups, Skarlet is not one of them in my opinion.

Sheeva losing 3-7 is a reasonable number, I actually have it as 3-7.

GhosT

Noob
I'll visit Atlanta in spring of 2013 and make the date good lol

Anyway, I can only offer Exp with Jade Sindel and Kitana

Kitana 5-5
Sindel 4-6
Jade 4-6

If you need exp ill post it later, got home from work and have to wake up at 6:30 for my morning shift :(
Your gayness intrigues me greatly. Sometimes i swear your gay, other times i think your straight. Either way treat LordOftheFly with respect and courtesy when you break him in :)

ryublaze

Noob

Stryker 4-6
Jade 4-6
Sheeva 3-7

Skarlet doesn't prevent Stryker or Jade from playing off of their strengths enough for these to be 3-7 match ups. Stryker and Jade can still play their counterzoning footsie game well against her. I've played a lot of Skarlet players Khaotic Doom, Killa Nemesis, Mosp, Birdsongs and others for my Skarlet experience to formulate my opinion.

Stryker and Jade have a couple terrible match ups, Skarlet is not one of them in my opinion.

Let's play this weekend. :p

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

Stryker 4-6
Jade 4-6
Sheeva 3-7

Just wondering, how does Sheeva only lose 3-7? Skarlet's not as nimble as some of Sheeva's other horrible matchups, but she has pressure for days and obnoxious zoning, both of which Sheeva has a terrible time dealing with.

Espio

Kokomo
Just wondering, how does Sheeva only lose 3-7? Skarlet's not as nimble as some of Sheeva's other horrible matchups, but she has pressure for days and obnoxious zoning, both of which Sheeva has a terrible time dealing with.
3-7 is pretty bad lol. It's hard to explain, obviously Skarlet has hegemony over the zoning and pressure game, what helps Sheeva out a lot is her potent armor moves.

Her armor can even beat out Skarlet's armor in some cases if timed right for pretty good damage in most cases. Ex fireball having armor and doing 16% with a knockdown is good for making a trade in Sheeva's favor and allowing her some room to get in and breath a bit. The match up is obviously still sucky, but not on the level of difficulty of some other sucky match ups (Kabal:mad:).

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
3-7 is pretty bad lol. It's hard to explain, obviously Skarlet has hegemony over the zoning and pressure game, what helps Sheeva out a lot is her potent armor moves.

Her armor can even beat out Skarlet's armor in some cases if timed right for pretty good damage in most cases. Ex fireball having armor and doing 16% with a knockdown is good for making a trade in Sheeva's favor and allowing her some room to get in and breath a bit. The match up is obviously still sucky, but not on the level of difficulty of some other sucky match ups.
I haven''t played that match that often but does armored red dash nullify out armored bf3? It seemed the times we clashed with those 2 moves that Skarlet got away ungrabbed and myself sometimes getting hit. But I could have maybe just started my bf3 slightly earlier. I have played the match enough against some decent Skarlets to know It's crappy but it doesn't seem Kung Lao or Mileena level crappy. Those matches are just nightmares.

Espio

Kokomo
I haven''t played that match that often but does armored red dash nullify out armored bf3? It seemed the times we clashed with those 2 moves that Skarlet got away ungrabbed and myself sometimes getting hit. But I could have maybe just started my bf3 slightly earlier. I have played the match enough against some decent Skarlets to know It's crappy but it doesn't seem Kung Lao or Mileena level crappy. Those matches are just nightmares.

Back forward 3 has to be delayed if I recall correctly, otherwise yeah it can beat out grab n punch sometimes. I don't usually like to do the armor clashing thing because it's a gamble it seems....like for example I fought a Kabal player the other day and one time my ex grab n punch beat his ex nomad dash, while the next time my grab n punch lost, so it's a matter of timing I imagine.

Mileena and Kung Lao are classless heathens.... -_-.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
K7L33THA

thoughts on sektor skarlet MU?
I agree with 4-6. Kabal definitely beats her. Ground saw fucks up her instant sai's, and u can flash parry all her armor setups. F4 punishes pretty much all her best stuff on block. The only thing that really gives me trouble is that delayed slide thing you were doing, I kept trying to poke and got blown up. I'm no expert though all my experience is from online lol.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree with 4-6. Kabal definitely beats her. Ground saw fucks up her instant sai's, and u can flash parry all her armor setups. F4 punishes pretty much all her best stuff on block. The only thing that really gives me trouble is that delayed slide thing you were doing, I kept trying to poke and got blown up. I'm no expert though all my experience is from online lol.
Kabal is my crutch...I cant seem to beat him. (probably cause he is too good)...it might be worse honestly. I want to try my reptile on your kabal next time.

What about sektor?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Kabal is my crutch...I cant seem to beat him. (probably cause he is too good)...it might be worse honestly. I want to try my reptile on your kabal next time.

What about sektor?
7-3 seems right to me. If she has armor he's pretty much fucked. I do however think Freddy beats her 6-4.

zaf

professor
Ermac skarlet is most likely 5-5.Possibly in ermac favour, but i refuse to belive it is in skarlets favour.
I played shady's skarlet and it was not a hard mu at all. Jer also used to play her a bit and i felt the same.

Skarlet can not out zone ermac or zone him in any fashion.

Has everyone forgot about ducking?
How can skarlet beat me in a zoning war if i just sit there holding duck?
She isn't doing shit. I need to wait once, and tkp in between her daggers.

Up close skarlet is not all that big of a threat.
There are videos you can watch, where large hitbox characters are able to avoid the ex dagger blockstrings.
She is not going to stay in once she does get in.

IAFB is an amazing poke/counter-poke and overall amazing spacing tool.
Skarlet is not going to be poking around at ermac when he can iafb everything she does.

Slides without armor ? She gets TKP'd back to full screen or she can just be lifted lol.

No one punishes her up/down slashes. Ermac punishes are 40%. and skarlet will be back at mid screen.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I see that you guys have Quan at 6-4 Skarlet's favor. I can believe it, but I'm curious as to why it's 6-4 and not 7-3?

I could see maybe a Trance trade with a dagger. Or a reaction Skydrop, but I don't think the latter works too well. Doesn't she have fast down pokes?

Quan only has a d3 to work with. Anyone want to discuss this at all?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Updated Skarlet MU chart (with some opinions of others)

Here is my MU chart based on many many casuals at Raleigh, tournament exp., and a dash of theory and optimism. I still think she is super good.

(Edit: I put the list in descending order of the MU I feel are most difficult)
Slight disadvantage
Kabal 4-6
Kenshi 4-6
Cyrax 4-6 (It would be 6-4 without bomb resets)

Even MU
Freddy 5-5
Kitana 5-5
Ermac 5-5
Sonya 5-5
Cage 5-5
Kung Lao 5-5
Raiden 5-5

Slight advantage
Jax 6-4 (It would be 7-3 without corner infinite)
Luis kang 6-4
Mileena 6-4
Rain 6-4
Csub 6-4
Sindel 6-4
Smoke 6-4 (It would be 7-3 without bomb resets)
Shang 6-4 (5-5 on smaller stages)
Quan chi 6-4
Stryker 6-4

Large advantage
Scorp 7-3
Sub zero 7-3
Reptile 7-3
Tombstone 7-3
Noob 7-3
Jade 7-3
Sektor 7-3
Baraka 7-3
Sheeva 7-3

Larger advantage
Kano 8-2

I encourage healthy discussion and am completely open to changing numbers granted we can work it out not just in theory but also in actual matches (enough online or even better offline).
Enjoy!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I see that you guys have Quan at 6-4 Skarlet's favor. I can believe it, but I'm curious as to why it's 6-4 and not 7-3?

I could see maybe a Trance trade with a dagger. Or a reaction Skydrop, but I don't think the latter works too well. Doesn't she have fast down pokes?

Quan only has a d3 to work with. Anyone want to discuss this at all?
I don't think Quan Chi loses 7-3 to any character in the game, except maybe Kabal. When he has 3 bars all he needs to do is touch you to get like 60% or more