What's new

Guide - Demolition SidTheHaze's Living Demolition Guide

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
demolition is really good
here's a guide ya jive turkeys.

Reloading Grenades
if you want to reload grenades midscreen while keeping them fairly close to you ending a combo in stun grenade nets you enough advantage to refill grenades safely. 2134 might be a better option but lands them about half screen, it all depends on what kind of screen position you want.

*f2 and f4 do the same amount of damage unscaled but when doing combos f2 scales your combos less than f4*

EX GRENADE CALL
this is very important and i cannot stress this enough.
This variation builds a lot of meter from throwing/blocking grenades. take advantage of that meter when you don't have grenades

UPDATE
on hit only characters with super fast advancing armored specials can punish you for going for a mixup. (buzz saw kung lao ex spin, sub zero slide) slower ex moves or moves that are stationary get blown up. honestly the reality of someone hitting an ex move after getting hit is SUPER improbable but the option is still open.

on block.
if they do a reversal ex move you can block it and depending on the pushback of the move you will still fall in the grenades midscreen.

Breaking ALL wakeups
skip to 0:15 for the armor break combo.
so this setup is pretty straightforward you do 121 csg and at the time of the wakeup you hold down and press 3 then 1 very quickly so that the stun grenade come out second and you get the combo. The combo itself is pre 1.06 so its outdated but the setup is the same.

Combos
coming soon - with the patch just coming out i wanted to wait a bit before i started posting videos of combos just in case some new stuff came along.

@MsMiharo
@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@DaZengie
@MrAquary

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Might want to note that while F2 and F4 do the same amount of damage (5%) F2 scales your followups less so it's probably better to use that in midscreen multi-grenade juggles :) Just a though that came to mind when I saw you do that combo ith 2 F4s in the first video.

Nice stuff so far though, making my way through the videos right now.

D4G

Win At All Cost
I was hoping for a guide explaining the Actual dynamics of the character. Not tech videos.

I'm not trying to rag on you but this could use a little more finesse.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
I was hoping for a guide explaining the Actual dynamics of the character. Not tech videos.

I'm not trying to rag on you but this could use a little more finesse.
well yeah its not exactly beginner friendly, i made this guide assuming you've played with the variation at least a little bit before hand. On the other hand it is a living guide so i can make a video that explains the character from scratch.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Sick tech Sid! Thanks for uploading these vids, just got through them all. I've honestly not tried out Demo yet, but after seeing this tech... now I've got a bunch of dirt to start with. Thank you kind sir, these vids are awesome. Love the grab tech, and the armored WU's blow up. Those safe reloads off the stun will come in handy as well.

GOOD STUFF! Thanks again. :) BTW, that quarter screen combo is dope as f#ck!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The damage wasn't nearly as good and she can get really good AA converts with stun grenades now. This variation being better than covert ops is debatable now.
Honest question, what's the difference between regular and stun grenades? Are stun grenades always better?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
watched em all and love it.... i just started with demo today.... i was just experimenting with her hoping for some cyrax alike combos/setups, and found nothing unpunishable.... maybe there is hope for good setups, string into =stun grenad<>string stun<>string stun HKD?? is it possible?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i
Honest question, what's the difference between regular and stun grenades? Are stun grenades always better?
only noticed the red ones send em flying higher and slightly farther away, and, stuns pull them up in stasis sort of like MOS raiden traps but shorter. kinda cool

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
Thanks for the tag too. I got some tech that I came up with that I'll share this weekend. Hope it's original and not repeat stuff.

[me]

Noob
what? b13 in juggle is a HKD. Midscreen reptile won't reach you if he tech rolls.
Sorry, i don't understand you. What is HKD? And what kind of string you talking about? Sonya don't have b13. Can you show on the video safe reload combos, which you used, but with tech rolled wakeup? I don't have yet a new patch, so i can't check this myself. Thanks.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Sorry, i don't understand you. What is HKD? And what kind of string you talking about? Sonya don't have b13. Can you show on the video safe reload combos, which you used, but with tech rolled wakeup? I don't have yet a new patch, so i can't check this myself. Thanks.
HKD hard knockdown. They can't tech roll. I meant b14. You can see it in the video where I also provided proof.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Stun grenades scale your damage slightly less than frag grenades. So you end up doing more damage using stun over frag in combos

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
demolition is really good
here's a guide ya jive turkeys.

Reloading Grenades
if you want to reload grenades midscreen while keeping them fairly close to you ending a combo in stun grenade nets you enough advantage to refill grenades safely. 2134 might be a better option but lands them about half screen, it all depends on what kind of screen position you want.

*f2 and f4 do the same amount of damage unscaled but when doing combos f2 scales your combos less than f4*

EX GRENADE CALL
this is very important and i cannot stress this enough.
This variation builds a lot of meter from throwing/blocking grenades. take advantage of that meter when you don't have grenades

Breaking ALL wakeups
skip to 0:15 for the armor break combo.
so this setup is pretty straightforward you do 121 csg and at the time of the wakeup you hold down and press 3 then 1 very quickly so that the stun grenade come out second and you get the combo. The combo itself is pre 1.06 so its outdated but the setup is the same.

Combos
coming soon - with the patch just coming out i wanted to wait a bit before i started posting videos of combos just in case some new stuff came along.

@MsMiharo
@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@DaZengie
@MrAquary
So that gimmick of grenades working better on stages with walls is actually better now than they were when I first mentioned it :D.....Shoutouts to you guys :D

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Just going to mention you know thaf the opponent can jump out of B14 xx EX Grenade Call or B332 xx EX Grenade Call and punish you right? Or armor through