What's new

Tech Should Sub-Zero be banned from tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Much like Scorpion in Injustice, Sub-Zero completely "breaks the mechanics" of not only MK9, but of all 2D fighters. He creates a clone of himself, and unless you respect this clone, you will be frozen for a short duration.

Comparing the two:
Scorpion - Teleport:
On jump | 50/50 of a jump in or a teleport
On block | Full combo punishable
On whiff | Full combo punishable
On hit (ground) | Enough advantage to give pressure, mixup opportunities (low, high, instant j1 teleport, etc.)
On hit (air) | Easily hit confirmed into 112/3 spears
On jump [ex] | 50/50 of a jump in or a teleport which leads to combo
On block [ex] | safe with pushback
On whiff [ex] | Unsafe
On hit [ex] (ground) | j3 teleport combo
On hit [ex] (air) | j3 teleport combo

Sub-Zero - Ice Clone:
On jump | FROZEN
On block | sike FROZEN
On whiff | Hold dat while you wait for the clone to run out and pray to the lords that Sub-Zero doesn't begin a 212/214/114 into clone just as the clone runs out
On hit (ground) | FROZEN
On hit (air) | FROZEN
On jump [ex] | FROZEN
On block [ex] | sike FROZEN EVEN LONGER
On whiff [ex] | Hold dat even longer while you wait for the clone to run out
On hit [ex] (ground) | FROZEN EVEN LONGER
On hit [ex] (air) | FROZEN
Ex Ice Clone in general | Sub-Zero just used meter for no reason other than a slightly longer freeze duration. Hold dat

As you can clearly see, Sub-Zero beats Scorpion in the imbalance issues. People have learned to deal with Sub-Zero. Why are you guys letting Scorpion destroy our beautiful Injustice community? #BibleThump

chores

bad at things
ice clone was not designed for back-to-block mechanics. just think, if sub ice clones while you are jumping forward then its impossible to block since you have too much forward momentum. wow way to break the game thanks NRS

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Incorrect, trolling, and overall dumb.

0/10

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zaf

professor
What if we make a community rule that a sub zero player can use only one clone per round?

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Incorrect, trolling, and overall dumb.

0/10

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Wanna know something even dumber??
Jebailey had a community vote for whether or not the community wanted Scorpion banned at CEO. The community voted no because "it was too early to say Scorpion was op." Essentially saying that people need to adapt instead of complain after a just a week or two of Scorpion being released. One week later, those same people attacked Jebailey for not banning Scorpion because he was so op. Oh god! So smart this community! 10/10 this community! Love life! im gay - lil b

Status
Not open for further replies.