What's new

Shang Tsung Match Footage

Agilaz

It has begun
Foxy the GOAT, I saw some clips of him running Jax too with the unblockable setups. If you want to find out what to do with Shang, watch Foxy. But if you want to find out what not to do with Shang, you can watch some of my gameplay

What made you go with Stryker? I would think out of the entire kameo kast he'd have the least to offer to Shang

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
What made you go with Stryker? I would think out of the entire kameo kast he'd have the least to offer to Shang
I went with him at first because he's that dude but I've actually come to like what he offers. I don't know if there's much combo potential with bombs(Shang Combos come easy anyway), but they go well with his fireball game, can cover you and add more stuff on screen.

But I've been getting a lot out of cop bob overhead I use it after B22 with the low ender and it goes well with spikes.. just nice to have easily accessible overhead/low to cancel into. I end up doing F412 on block a bunch fishing for hit conforms but Stryker adds other mix. And the cuff restand is decent too.

But I'll be looking at all kameos

Last edited:

Marinjuana

I played a bunch with Motaro lately, made a video. I like how you can use his teleport to help stay out of the corner and you can kind of see that your straight skulls are going to hit and try to get in there for pressure. And sometimes it just gets you out of stuff even on hit? Got to lab that more, but my main draw is using his triple blast. Good things tend to happen when you can get it out

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I've been using him a lot as well. I gotta say forward+(k)ameo, that punch thing works so well, and due to how he works you can call it constantly.. The kick version is not as great, but better for more neutral characters like Asharah.

Marinjuana

I've been using him a lot as well. I gotta say forward+(k)ameo, that punch thing works so well, and due to how he works you can call it constantly.. The kick version is not as great, but better for more neutral characters like Asharah.
Yeah I'm finding the kick is good when you actually cancel into the specials because you can make it a block string, which that works well with Shang's f4121 because the last hit of the full string is a high.

I also do d4-kick that's good, again especially with the right mimic special.

Shang has s3-apep punch which is safe, can't duck the punch and you can hit confirm into mimic so another idea, using one hit moves to hit confirm with Shujinko.

They also behave slightly differently in juggles or maybe just the timing is different.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I definitely didn't see this thread my fault.

Trying to use Stryker with the help of SixPathsOfHate

Any advice would help, I was a little rusty didn't play much this week but I definitely got some good matches in. I've been using Stryker for about a week now still under 50matches experience with him.

Marinjuana

I definitely didn't see this thread my fault.

Trying to use Stryker with the help of SixPathsOfHate

Any advice would help, I was a little rusty didn't play much this week but I definitely got some good matches in. I've been using Stryker for about a week now still under 50matches experience with him.
Heyyy your boy Shujinko I do like him in that Omniman matchup, big damage

Antiairs godlike don't jump at HiddenSelect dude

You probably could get crispier at the BDF1 input especially for old man ground skull, you can live and die by the sword of that input error. Personally I do it like a SF input, 2146 motion, I find that makes it easier

Johnny Fatal Blow cannot parry you if you are hitting him from behind, including jumping over.. in case you weren't 100% on that

I actually like doing F43~Spikes myself but if you do F4~morph~1, you can hit confirm it into your best damage

Maybe the combos are worth it when you land them but you spent a lot of meter on EX skulls that didn't go anywhere. I don't think you got yourself in trouble but there's a lot of great things to use meter on with Shang so be careful

Practice punishing Scorpion's spear with Old EX Skull or Far GroundSkull~EX Skull

LEGEND

YES!

This thread gets no activity, so I'll try to JumpStart.
Great stuff. Really solid gameplay

The only tips i can give are to try using back throw more often, and an easy way to flawless block Raiden charged fireball is to wait for the leading high fireball to be over your head and then block. I saw that you Flawless blocked it a good amount standing but it also looked like you got caught trying to do so.

xBlaze_13

Y NO CHAMELEON!?
Great stuff. Really solid gameplay

The only tips i can give are to try using back throw more often, and an easy way to flawless block Raiden charged fireball is to wait for the leading high fireball to be over your head and then block. I saw that you Flawless blocked it a good amount standing but it also looked like you got caught trying to do so.
Thank you so much for the advice. I was so inconsistent with the flawless blocks. I also think I could have counter zoned better but I was scared of the teleport. And back throw more, got it.

LEGEND

YES!
Thank you so much for the advice. I was so inconsistent with the flawless blocks. I also think I could have counter zoned better but I was scared of the teleport. And back throw more, got it.
Yeah the counter zoning is risky. I think you played it really well. Specially having to contend with incoming Sektor missiles.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Heyyy your boy Shujinko I do like him in that Omniman matchup, big damage

Antiairs godlike don't jump at HiddenSelect dude

You probably could get crispier at the BDF1 input especially for old man ground skull, you can live and die by the sword of that input error. Personally I do it like a SF input, 2146 motion, I find that makes it easier

Johnny Fatal Blow cannot parry you if you are hitting him from behind, including jumping over.. in case you weren't 100% on that

I actually like doing F43~Spikes myself but if you do F4~morph~1, you can hit confirm it into your best damage

Maybe the combos are worth it when you land them but you spent a lot of meter on EX skulls that didn't go anywhere. I don't think you got yourself in trouble but there's a lot of great things to use meter on with Shang so be careful

Practice punishing Scorpion's spear with Old EX Skull or Far GroundSkull~EX Skull
I've been giving the game a break, that was me dropping my combos wasting meter:)

LEGEND

YES!

A few Kasual matches from the other day. I'm new to recording gameplay, Twitch and YouTube stuff so I find myself thinking about capturing specific things while recording that really throws me off, I just need to start recording everything.