What's new

Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer & Kombat Pack Revealed!

It's finally here! The DLC trailer showing off Shang Tsung and letting us know who is still to come. Check it out!

Shang Tsung will be available June 18th to Kombat Pack owners along with the Klassic Arcade Ninja skin pack which includes MK2-inspired skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot!

Kombat Pack line-up:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Nightwolf
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • ...and two more guests to be revealed soon
The Kombat Pack also includes more gear and skins for every character, with a total of 19 additional skins!

Thanks @Darth-Nero for the additional information.

Last edited:

Comments

D
That shotgun sound could've just been Ash's Boomstick
Don’t think so. The sound is exactly of a lever-action, not a double barrel shotgun. Plus, the image was “two more guests”. Why to tease only one? Anyway, we’ll see later. :p

Idk I didn’t do it, but what’s the big deal?
It's not really, But it happened twice now so am just curious. I was 1st to create kung lao discussion thread on the day of his reveal and yet a similar thread that got created way later got moved into Lao's subforum instead of mine. And now the same thing happened again so am

Pretty sure it wasn't but I could be wrong.

When I checked earlier I remember seeing mine saying "8 minutes ago" and yours said "5 minutes ago" which means mine is older.
No you're wrong, check the time on my post now merged into your thread. poster 49 min ago while yours posted 52. I mashed F5 harder than you and posted my thread 1st yet you get rewarded for it. reported.

Does it really make a difference? It's not like it was intentional. I selected them and merged them. Why is it a big deal?
That was the 1st thread of mine to ever make front page, I called my mom to come see it and now it's merged?!!!
It just felt like am getting trolled.

Don’t think so. The sound is exactly of a lever-action, not a double barrel shotgun. Plus, the image was “two more guests”. Why to tease only one? Anyway, we’ll see later. :p
I rewatched and didn't hear this sound, and yes two new guests, they could be Ash and Joker since Joker was part of the leak

They’ll give a sneak peek of the two ‘remaining guests’ (lol, like we don’t know who they are) in the Gamespot stream I imagine. Not necessarily a full breakdown, just maybe renders.

The description for the stream on YouTube (before it got taken down) said it was a breakdown of Shangs variations and maybe a look at some DLC characters.

He looks interesting overall, but it sucks that he seems to be suffering from Kitana-syndrome. I feel especially bad for the Rain fans. Missing out on MKX with a fully modeled character and now their favorite is just a single special (that we know of).

His gameplay comes across as both interesting, and lazy as fuck, and the stolen specials from the ninjas won’t do anything but rub salt in an already open wound.

sigh it’s better than nothing, I guess, but I feel like Shang could’ve been done differently.

E
It's not really, But it happened twice now so am just curious. I was 1st to create kung lao discussion thread on the day of his reveal and yet a similar thread that got created way later got moved into Lao's subforum instead of mine. And now the same thing happened again so am

No you're wrong, check the time on my post now merged into your thread. poster 49 min ago while yours posted 52. I mashed F5 harder than you and posted my thread 1st yet you get rewarded for it. reported.

That was the 1st thread of mine to ever make front page, I called my mom to come see it and now it's merged?!!!
It just felt like am getting trolled.
Sorry, my guy. Like I said: wasn't intentional.

Also, I think Shang looks sick but I just want to say that his animation for his skull projectile could not be more basic. They seem to have been lazy with the projectile animations in this game. Johnny, my boi Kang and now Shang all just put their hand out and it shoots out. At least when they’re not amplified that is.

You guys complaining about waiting all day are ridiculous. Also it’s already pretty sick, but how much more hype would this be if not for leaks. Fucking assholes

D
I rewatched and didn't hear this sound, and yes two new guests, they could be Ash and Joker since Joker was part of the leak
Really? The sound is very clear. Starts just after the chainsaw sound. Anyway... soon or later we’ll have all characters showing up. :D

Yeah sounds like the leak was for real...and Shang looks real awesome. He morphs for sure.

June 18th tho...eh, wish it was earlier. And other characters being mentioned but nothing to show of them, gonna be a while before Sindel is around I bet heh. Nightwolf will probably be the next character.

Really? The sound is very clear. Starts just after the chainsaw sound. Anyway... soon or later we’ll have all characters showing up. :D
Oh that sound, figured that was just the sound of the chainsaw cutting through flesh since it sounds a little wet between that and the splatter of blood. As you said we'll see soon enough