What's new

General/Other - Sektor Sektor suggested fixes and buffs

Do you agree with this Changes ?

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
Sektor in MK9 was very solid. I think he was more effective in previous game due to the game mechanic. With his tools such as: Flame thrower, missles, instant teleport, standing 1 that was 6f He could really control the whole game. Against Kabal that MU was at worst scenario 4-6, while putting Sektor against Top 3 here, its much worse.
How is it much worse than 4-6?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey man,

I think VS Millena Piercing and Acidic Alien, Kano CT could be worse then 4-6. I'd dare to say its close to 3-7
But to be honest I may be wrong as I dont have the MU experience. So my judgment is based on general tools overview.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
One personal thing is the use of EX up rockets in junction with back and forward to give more or less speed on the seeking rocket.
So we can have a slow assist rocket with EX DB2->back, a surprise speedy rocket with EX DB2->forward.
This is an excellent buff seggustion, although if they made his EX up rocket slower would be nice.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about f212bb. And no to both, they're fine as they are.

It's whatever.
well first time ive herd of noone knowing that is a problem for many, it has a very small window to preform it in, and if you take in to account the majority of the fan base they don't play like us on this forum. some of them can't even input a fatality let alone a 3 frame link with perfect timing. some of them play for fun and try to link specials on and they can't. (so if we understand the Majority is people who can't play very well and they outnumber us greatly!) even though we are capable of doing all of the above and more without effort there is no reason not to make it easier for those that do need the help, like you said you don't have a problem doing it at all, why not allow others the same right even if they are a bit worse at the game than you are. but if we where to deprive others of having fun or using a character with easier inputs so they could eventually master there favorite character, we would have to be pretty conceded to not allow a small change that admittedly does not effect you or anyone else on the forum according to your statement. If you can perform it every time without effort then it could not possibly hurt you in any way if others had it adjusted to there liking so that there is a larger window to input the Backdash.

What i want is not just me and a couple of us who play it day and night to have fun, i want all players to have fun with Triborg especially Sektor.

MadeOfMetal

Only thing that I miss from MK9 Sektor is his flamethrower restand but we still have some sort of restand so, that's fine.

Sektor doesn't really need any buff but fixes like lot of character in the roster.
He's good and fair in a game with unfair character but still solid.

Fixes needed are:
- Flamethrower command changed from DD3 to DB3
- EX Flamethrower hitbox fixes so he can be a proper anti-air
- EX Straight Missiles whiffing on the third missile
- hitbox issues fixed

"One personal thing is the use of EX up rockets in junction with back and forward to give more or less speed on the seeking rocket.
So we can have a slow assist rocket with EX DB2->back, a surprise speedy rocket with EX DB2->forward."

More hit advantage on some of his pokes would be a good buff even if it's already fine.
Can i say this is one of the greatest ideas I've seen in the Sektor KP3 forums! It would be great to see Sektopr having different speed's with his EX Up rockets, and this could create opportunity to land the perfect timings to stuff some armor or some very cool setups. NRS please add this!

I only have one more request to add for a few friends that are not on the game all that much, but love playing it when they have the time. A couple friends some women friends of mine like Sektor and have a problem inputting the F212 xx :l:l. and they miss the time to press or press it 3 times instead of 2 times or input a different input during then the back back and all of those cancel it. so what i suggest is a 5 additional frames to input the Back, Back. It couldn't hurt and in fact might make a few more people put money into the game and if this type of thing was done more like the changes to Jason and so on, more people could have fun with there chosen characters.

Other than that i think you have what he needs covered:)

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

@MadeOfMetal if you are having issues with F212bb input, MASH bb, I get it 100% consistent by pressing it a fucktillion times lol
I do fine with it, but know some who do have issues, i normally use the other variations Cyber Sub Zero and Second Cyrax. Sektor would be my 3rd choice out of the available choices. if i remember right you can only make it work if you press it right when the first light sparks. and if you do it before it cancels it. but everyone does it different, i just do it at the moment it is supposed to be done. But Tammy and Adriana have problems inputting it and would like to have a bit larger window to input them so they can get it every time. and i Don't see how it could hurt especially to those who can do it 100% of the time like my self, im not afraid of others knowing how to do what i do easily.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I do fine with it, but know some who do have issues, i normally use the other variations Cyber Sub Zero and Second Cyrax. Sektor would be my 3rd choice out of the available choices. if i remember right you can only make it work if you press it right when the first light sparks. and if you do it before it cancels it. but everyone does it different, i just do it at the moment it is supposed to be done. But Tammy and Adriana have problems inputting it and would like to have a bit larger window to input them so they can get it every time. and i Don't see how it could hurt especially to those who can do it 100% of the time like my self, im not afraid of others knowing how to do what i do easily.
Have them mash like their life depends on it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
well first time ive herd of noone knowing that is a problem for many, it has a very small window to preform it in, and if you take in to account the majority of the fan base they don't play like us on this forum. some of them can't even input a fatality let alone a 3 frame link with perfect timing. some of them play for fun and try to link specials on and they can't. (so if we understand the Majority is people who can't play very well and they outnumber us greatly!) even though we are capable of doing all of the above and more without effort there is no reason not to make it easier for those that do need the help, like you said you don't have a problem doing it at all, why not allow others the same right even if they are a bit worse at the game than you are. but if we where to deprive others of having fun or using a character with easier inputs so they could eventually master there favorite character, we would have to be pretty conceded to not allow a small change that admittedly does not effect you or anyone else on the forum according to your statement. If you can perform it every time without effort then it could not possibly hurt you in any way if others had it adjusted to there liking so that there is a larger window to input the Backdash.

What i want is not just me and a couple of us who play it day and night to have fun, i want all players to have fun with Triborg especially Sektor.
Cheesus it's a 30f window not a "3f link".

> Press f212
> Mash BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB during the animation.
> Input the special during the backdash animation.

It's not rocket surgery.

MadeOfMetal

Cheesus it's a 30f window not a "3f link".

> Press f212
> Mash BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB during the animation.
> Input the special during the backdash animation.

It's not rocket surgery.
calm down doggy no need to get angry when a girl can't input a MK move.

Tweedy

Noob
Lol MadeofMetal makes me laugh.

He said in one of his long posts that some of his "women friends", can't do the input.

Then when Cossner got on him about how easy it is, he made him into a woman hater somehow.

Glorious stuff. I found a video of Cossner irl.

MadeOfMetal

Just tell them to mash...
will do :) like i said have no clue how thewy can't do it but i have no idea how they can't do fatalities either. Who knows :)

I thought you were a guy?
I am conssner i am, u missed quite a few posts from me the others got it.

Lol MadeofMetal makes me laugh.

He said in one of his long posts that some of his "women friends", can't do the input.

Then when Cossner got on him about how easy it is, he made him into a woman hater somehow.

Glorious stuff. I found a video of Cossner irl.

i never made him into a girl hater, he just hates me and everything i post, he has made that clear through the past year or so. I just simply said even though he can do it and we can, doesn't mean others can. He got all made about nothing, i dont know he seen my post and as usual has to argue with everything i say, and putting it simply i disagree with him and just because a few of his friends say something is easy does not change my mind. i will always tell my point of view. weather you are his friend who was asked to talk on his behalf or just a random forum cruiser that seen this dispute, you just took my words the wrong way. I really don't believe he Hates women or anything despite how much i actually do not like his personality and his way of thinking, i was simply pointing out his twisted Logic and way of thinking. in his mind, Damn others if they don't play good or up to his standards, if he can do something then all others should not or in his mind he believes they don't have the right to ask for anything that could make it easier for them even if it doesn't hurt him. I say this through experience of seeing his posts.

When it comes to people like him and his friends I don't even try to change there mind, its like trying to show logic to a conspiracy theorist, the fact remains that they don't use logic obviously believeing in things without merit or foundation backed by any facts why could we expect them to understand logic.

But tweedy I am glad i make you laugh :) you make me laugh sometimes as well.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
will do :) like i said have no clue how thewy can't do it but i have no idea how they can't do fatalities either. Who knows :)

I am conssner i am, u missed quite a few posts from me the others got it.

i never made him into a girl hater, he just hates me and everything i post, he has made that clear through the past year or so. I just simply said even though he can do it and we can, doesn't mean others can. He got all made about nothing, i dont know he seen my post and as usual has to argue with everything i say, and putting it simply i disagree with him and just because a few of his friends say something is easy does not change my mind. i will always tell my point of view. weather you are his friend who was asked to talk on his behalf or just a random forum cruiser that seen this dispute, you just took my words the wrong way. I really don't believe he Hates women or anything despite how much i actually do not like his personality and his way of thinking, i was simply pointing out his twisted Logic and way of thinking. in his mind, Damn others if they don't play good or up to his standards, if he can do something then all others should not or in his mind he believes they don't have the right to ask for anything that could make it easier for them even if it doesn't hurt him. I say this through experience of seeing his posts.

When it comes to people like him and his friends I don't even try to change there mind, its like trying to show logic to a conspiracy theorist, the fact remains that they don't use logic obviously believeing in things without merit or foundation backed by any facts why could we expect them to understand logic.

But tweedy I am glad i make you laugh :) you make me laugh sometimes as well.
If they can't even do fatalities, how can you possibly ask for balance changes on their behalf, because it's clearly them that need to improve rather than Sektor.