What's new

Saucy Jack is giving away money.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
night wing? Really? I've never claimed to be able to see this but I wanna check it out in the lab.

This fucking post is great BTW
Nah it's not a 50/50. It's hella reactable. Which you would know...if you ever remembered to play me lol

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
night wing? Really? I've never claimed to be able to see this but I wanna check it out in the lab.

This fucking post is great BTW
As is evidenced by this post and me making this offer, I don't think you can see it.

As is also evidenced by this thread, a lot of people think you can.

That is the point to the experiment. Maybe I'm just an old man and my reactions suck. If that is so, then I'll hold that.

All I will say is that I have tested this against multiple people from all over the country. Some who are much younger than me with better reactions. No one, I repeat, NO ONE has been succesful. So if others can be, then like I said, I'll hold that. I'm not a fool. If someone shows me it's possible, then I'll man up. I just hope that if people fail, they will hold it in return.

As is evidenced by this post and me making this offer, I don't think you can see it.

As is also evidenced by this thread, a lot of people think you can.

That is the point to the experiment. Maybe I'm just an old man and my reactions suck. If that is so, then I'll hold that.

All I will say is that I have tested this against multiple people from all over the country. Some who are much younger than me with better reactions. No one, I repeat, NO ONE has been succesful. So if others can be, then like I said, I'll hold that. I'm not a fool. If someone shows me it's possible, then I'll man up. I just hope that if people fail, they will hold it in return.
I agree with you and wanna state that I don't think it is reactable, Frames have NOTHING to do with it, it's all about the motion of the character and how easily it is giving the move away, Just like the start up of frost's move "by frame" should be reactable, it isnt because of the fact that the low and overhead in question look to similar.

Saucy jack, if we do have the pleasure of being at the same tournament, I will NOT take the nightwing challenge.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I agree with you and wanna state that I don't think it is reactable, Frames have NOTHING to do with it, it's all about the motion of the character and how easily it is giving the move away, Just like the start up of frost's move "by frame" should be reactable, it isnt because of the fact that the low and overhead in question look to similar.

Saucy jack, if we do have the pleasure of being at the same tournament, I will NOT take the nightwing challenge.
Thank you for your opinion good sir, you are beautiful as always. Expect the NW community to blow you up and say you're free now. :)

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
is NW's slow ass stand 2 in staff really a legit 50/50? The animation is so obvious you have to be distracted by a fat ass to miss it. When I think of 50/50 I think of something a little faster less reactable.

I'm saving money for CEO, I'll inbox you once I get a confirm so we can give this a shot. I suck a blocking but I'm all in for the challenge. Good offer @ Jack.
Wait a minute. You'd rather save up to go to an off line tourney instead of buying an xbox for some sweet online Dick mirrors? Priorities man:DOGE

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
The only one I would take os NW, I would maybe try WoWo for shiggles. We'll see how much $ I have if we're ever at the same major.

4x4lo8o

Noob
@GGA Saucy Jack

How are you setting up the Wonder Woman and Nightwing 50/50's? Because the set up is important to0. It's not a 50/50 if it's thrown out in footsies or at neutral or something where your opponent has options like poking or doing something other than reacting. Even if they don't use that option, thinking about using it or the just fact that it exists could make them block worse.

Batgirl and KF both have their vortexes where you're in a combo and at the end standing there, and you know exactly when the 50/50 is coming and don't have to be thinking about anything other than blocking. But Wonder Woman doesn't have that, she generally goes for hers during frame traps or after jump ins where the opponent has options other than blocking the 50/50. When I fight Wonder Woman even think about guessing right in the 50/50. It's always "Should I poke or block" or "should I wake up or block" and if I'm wrong it's "damn I guessed wrong, I should have poked instead of blocking" not "damn I guessed wrong on which way to block". And I don't even know enough about to Nightwing to know how they go for theirs. After a blocked Staff Spin I'm guessing?

Anyway, what I'm proposing is that your idea of just standing next the opponent with NW and throwing it out isn't good enough. If you do that the opponent is also spending mental resources looking for the move to start in addition to just reacting high or low. In a real match if the person performing the 50/50 has to do it at fairly specific time(like early in this thread someone mentioned having a rhythm during a combo that helped him block the 50/50 at the end) otherwise they're creating other ways to get out(like if Frost sits there for 20 frames after her standing reset before going for her 50/50 she's giving the opponent the chance to poke or backdash) It needs to be set up somewhat similar to how it's use in a match, because a 50/50 at neutral isn't really a 50/50 - it's just a mix up.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Put any of these in my hands and nobody will ever be able to salvage a pixel, regardless of the start-up or animation.