What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBNik

Noob
I'm still pretty sure that Hawkgirl has an advantage over Killer Frost. All Hawkgirl has to do is Lame her out. And even if she can't do that, a simple wing evade timed well can evade her slide. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of her wakeups can punish Hawkgirl if she simply does a WE2 (Which is still safe). I'd probs give it a 6/4. It isn't that bad, like Black Adam. But it's doable, but still difficult.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
When reo and I played at SJ, we ended the session believing it was 5-5. She wins upclose for sure but he wins from afar. Its a real patient MU and very life lead based. Reo is the only MMH I've played who's given me Trouble on top of that.

She deals with his tele very well, can interrupt that string when he does the wind up punch, punishes his low grab with decent damage into a reset, has to be smart with his wakeup due to the meterless vortex.

He fucks her over as well too. He punishes spike anywhere on the screen with pillar (she can't punish his with spike), punishes dagger with tele, out zones her pretty well and the orbs really hurt her wake ups when set correctly.

This MU could evolve more. MMH is still fairly new so he can either get better or worse over time, and could eventually change the MU #. But as of now, reo and I have it as 5-5.
Yeah, these are good points especially about him shutting down iceberg and daggers. I think he gets a 40% 1 bar punish off an overhead teleport which is scary. I am playing MMH too now and a lot of his options that make him a great and versatile character make him good against KF. I think everyone can interrupt that 22b3 string with the wind up punch, so if you are playing MMH you have to learn to hit confirm that against good players (even though it is + on block which is pretty sexy). 22b3 launches 222 ends with the overhead that leaves you right next to him or you can always YOLO cancel into the low grab I guess.

Regardless the character has so many options and with trait he can be halfway across the screen and still get in on you or use that threat to mix you up and set traps.

RiBBz22

There is no way that KF is 6-4 vs Superman
I could definitely see 5-5 just because of how strong Superman is as a character. I definitely do not think KF is at any disadvantage in this MU. She is able to remove the thread of braindead Superman pressure with her parry, he is no threat from full screen which will force him to move in which gives KF opportunities to get damage. Mistakes in zoning inside of full screen can lead to some really big punishes. The threat of meterless vortex is pretty good in this MU because baiting wakeups lead to big punishes whereas the damage risk is not enough stop KF players from using it. If she didn't have parry in this MU I would agree that she would probably be at a disadvantage. I think that move is huge in this MU.

RiBBz22

I'm still pretty sure that Hawkgirl has an advantage over Killer Frost. All Hawkgirl has to do is Lame her out. And even if she can't do that, a simple wing evade timed well can evade her slide. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of her wakeups can punish Hawkgirl if she simply does a WE2 (Which is still safe). I'd probs give it a 6/4. It isn't that bad, like Black Adam. But it's doable, but still difficult.
It is a very annoying MU to fight and KF players that aren't patient in this MU can get mopped up. I struggled a lot when I first started playing the MU and suffered from this. I am still not the best in this MU or anything and still think I can improve, but I wouldn't call it a bad MU. It doesn't take many slip ups from the HG player who is in the air most of this match to lose rounds.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

No.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I see no reason why Aquaman vs KF isn't 5-5. So, I agree there. I think she won slightly before the dmg nerf but thats in the past :p

I haven't played Flash vs KF much, but shes one of the few chars where he can get up for free for nearly free if he has a bar, so thats nice. Probably even or slightly in KF's favor, IMO. I haven't played it nearly as much as the Aquaman vs KF MU though.

RiBBz22

I see no reason why Aquaman vs KF isn't 5-5. So, I agree there. I think she won slightly before the dmg nerf but thats in the past :p

I haven't played Flash vs KF much, but shes one of the few chars where he can get up for free for nearly free if he has a bar, so thats nice. Probably even or slightly in KF's favor, IMO. I haven't played it nearly as much as the Aquaman vs KF MU though.
I feel the same exact way about Aqua, before the damage nerf I thought it was probably 6-4. Now that the removed the trait cancel advantage and made her damage more fair, I think the MU is more fair as a result. It still sucks for him that he can't really just throw out ground trident without risking a hefty punish though.

One of the loveliest things that Flash has in this MU is his d1d2 string which pretty much makes using parry extremely risky on block. Flash can punish an attempt to create space with back dash, but then you are right he has to go back to respecting her wake-up game. I think with his buffs in recent patches coupled with the KF nerfs brought it down from a 6-4 to a 5-5 for me.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Reo now has a way to punish her slide on reaction but I don't want to reveal it here becsuse it's his tech and two why help mmh players out lol. Also you can't jump can't throw projectiles and can't slide. Thanks khaotic for helping Reo figure it out lol. ;)
I see. Then it's simple: At the start of the match throw sand in REO's eyes.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Lol HG players are funny.

And sorry Claude :(.
I'll tell you in private but he started doing this thing where he was punishing slide and I couldn't believe it they were all reads. I asked him and he told me he was doing it on reaction :( then an hour later I really believed it.

xKhaoTik

Man the aqua MU feels the exact same way for me.

The damage "Nerf" is nothing. She still punishes everything the same way as before, just with 4% less damage.

She sets up the vortex the same way and he still has to guess, just like everyone else.

I really don't see what changed in the MU honestly. I still play it as if there wasn't a Nerf.

RiBBz22

Man the aqua MU feels the exact same way for me.

The damage "Nerf" is nothing. She still punishes everything the same way as before, just with 4% less damage.

She sets up the vortex the same way and he still has to guess, just like everyone else.

I really don't see what changed in the MU honestly. I still play it as if there wasn't a Nerf.
The way she gets damage is not entirely the same. With Aqua's trait even on block pressure KF would get free 50-50 opportunities before. This led to a lot of additional push blocking from Aqua players robbing them of their meter in order to stay safe of having to block the 50-50

I totally agree that the damage difference doesn't really matter at all. I just think the MU is pretty fair now that she can't get cheap ass 50-50s off trait cancel block strings anymore. I would say the MU is very slightly in KF's favor now, but I think it is closer to even than before.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane: 7-3 *(Changed from 8-2; RIP the charge parry)
Do you have any reason for this, or are you basing it off of the same non-applicable situations Khao does?
Its 6-4 at the absolute worst, we have 7-3 MUs against us and honestly, KF doesn't even strike close to it.

BBNik

Noob
I'm still sorta waiting for Khao's reasoning on why he thinks it's a 5-5 matchup. That's all I really want to hear. I heard RiBBz22, and well, I understand that. Be patient and let the hawkgirl in the air slip-up and punish her for that. But really, that's applicable to pretty much any matchup with hawkgirl really.

RiBBz22

Do you have any reason for this, or are you basing it off of the same non-applicable situations Khao does?
Its 6-4 at the absolute worst, we have 7-3 MUs against us and honestly, KF doesn't even strike close to it.
I think against predictable Frost's that use slide too much in this MU could make things easier for Bane with all of his armor added with his venom buffs. After the Patch she can no longer KO him from a level 3 de-buff with one right guess off her 50-50 after a punish so that is sad to lose :p. A lot of Bane's options to get in are really easily punished even without the ability to parry the charge anymore. When I play this MU I feel like I can run away and do whatever I want to do. It is easy for her to get away from him when he is at his most dangerous and get right back in when he is at his most vulnerable.

Why do you think it is only 4-6 or 5-5? Good Frost's are not going to be sliding into his armor traps the entire match.

RiBBz22

I'm still sorta waiting for Khao's reasoning on why he thinks it's a 5-5 matchup. That's all I really want to hear. I heard RiBBz22, and well, I understand that. Be patient and let the hawkgirl in the air slip-up and punish her for that. But really, that's applicable to pretty much any matchup with hawkgirl really.
Yeah, but the entire cast doesn't have punishes that put you into a 50-50 guessing game so 1 slip up could potentially be a huge deal. Then after that the HG may not have a life lead and will not be able to simply lame out KF. HG has a lot of good options in the air against KF, but KF is able to get around pretty much any of them on a good read with proper spacing. I think the one thing that could make this a definitive 4-6 MU would be if HG's downward mace toss hit KF full screen.

xKhaoTik

HG is very annoying and its an annoying MU, but that's it. Its just annoying.

Its extremely patient and life lead based IMO. KF gets the lead, HG has to come to her. And vise versa. KF's j3 is pretty good and hit HG out of her trait, and gets a slide after which ends with the BS.

HG definitely controls the flow of the MU, so KF has to play her game. But if she knows how to be patient, bait the wakeups, and punish her stuff accordingly, KF won't be losing that much to HG.

Status
Not open for further replies.