What's new

Tech Revival of Mortal Kombat 9

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Oh if MK comes to PC with decent netcode i may play again. A community patch would be awesome, and we'd really need to see what we can tweak to make thigs fair.

Right off the bat i'd say removal of resets, nerf to Kabal, Kenshi and Sonya. Buffs to the low tiers like Kano, Noob, Nightwolf, Ermac, Scorpion, etc. Tweaks (nerfs and buffs) to Kitana, Lao, Smoke, Cyrax, Etc

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Oh if MK comes to PC with decent netcode i may play again. A community patch would be awesome, and we'd really need to see what we can tweak to make thigs fair.

Right off the bat i'd say removal of resets, nerf to Kabal, Kenshi and Sonya. Buffs to the low tiers like Kano, Noob, Nightwolf, Ermac, Scorpion, etc. Tweaks (nerfs and buffs) to Kitana, Lao, Smoke, Cyrax, Etc
lao is almost perfect, just needs that lowhat advantage and maybe a faster d3, and faster teleport

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
lao is almost perfect, just needs that lowhat advantage and maybe a faster d3, and faster teleport
Lao is fine, he doesn't need buffs. Standing 2 or spin can easily get you out of pressure. One should be teleporting off of advantage, not simply throwing it out there.

MK is far more balanced than people give it credit for. The wheel doesn't need to be re-invented for a balanced game. Just some "moderate" nerfs to the top 5, while still leaving them as top 5 characters, while giving some tasty buffs to the bottom o' the barrel.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
I think he was just trolling haha. Without these two characters he would be omega dizzy 24/7

Also, I fucking love Mortal Kombat. The game is pretty balanced despite what people may think. There are at least 10-12 characters that are FT3 tournament viable. With a few buffs to the lower tier characters this game would be perfect and could have 20 characters be tourney viable.

I will be playing on PC and XBL in the future AND MK will be my main focus at EVO.

I would love to de well in Injustice, but since I am sticking with Cyborg I will probably get scrubbed out in pools by a scorpion. Best to wait a year to take it seriously. That way all the kinks of the game are out, and ZOD can reign supreme
also without Kabal & Kenshi who would stop retarded ass Sonnya, Kitana & JC? lol

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Since when is Kitana a dominant character?
Plenty of characters can go against Cage, he's just a massive pain in the ass.
Sonya is really the only one that's particularly fucked up, but you can still fight her better than Kabal and Kenshi.
A lot of newer MK players seem to forget how fucked up Sonya is. You're absolutely right, with some of the cast you can fight Sonya decently, but she utterly dominates so many characters. If you just nerf Kenshi and Kabal then she will be the new #1 imo.

aj1701

Noob
I actually can't believe how stupid this turn of event is. All over a single DLC and bunch of intractables. Injustice doesn't have half the bullshit MK9 has and somehow we should go back to input bugs, 1 net=80% of your health gone, Smoke Smoke my health bar, braindead characters like Sonya and Cage, almost half the cast just not viable to compete with the Top Tiers...No thanks I believe Injustice is a way better game personally and it's getting no complaints from the KoF community.
Mam, you act as if soup said fuck igau back to Mk, which he didn't. You can play both you know.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
A lot of newer MK players seem to forget how fucked up Sonya is. You're absolutely right, with some of the cast you can fight Sonya decently, but she utterly dominates so many characters. If you just nerf Kenshi and Kabal then she will be the new #1 imo.

Yeah, she'd be way up there, along with Cyrax, Freddy, JC and Smoke. But I'd be ok with that!

Axel_Redd

Lao is fine, he doesn't need buffs. Standing 2 or spin can easily get you out of pressure. One should be teleporting off of advantage, not simply throwing it out there.

MK is far more balanced than people give it credit for. The wheel doesn't need to be re-invented for a balanced game. Just some "moderate" nerfs to the top 5, while still leaving them as top 5 characters, while giving some tasty buffs to the bottom o' the barrel.
what advantage? d4?

lao should still have +12 on low hat.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Yeah, she'd be way up there, along with Cyrax, Freddy, JC and Smoke. But I'd be ok with that!
Kitana and Jax as well.

One thing I really noticed is that although Jax isn't top 5 or anything and he has hitbox issues, he never loses MU's that horribly (excluding Sonya). He goes loses a few 4-6 but he always has tools to deal with people for sure. I really wouldn't alter Jax too much, just removal or the reset by not letting you combo off of the Ex GP juggle (still let it OTG) and a slight damage buff to compensate.

I'm gonna get working on some patch notes tbh and maybe a bunch of people can chime in and we can get somethings sorted out before the PC version drops.

Axel_Redd

Kitana and Jax as well.

One thing I really noticed is that although Jax isn't top 5 or anything and he has hitbox issues, he never loses MU's that horribly (excluding Sonya). He goes loses a few 4-6 but he always has tools to deal with people for sure. I really wouldn't alter Jax too much, just removal or the reset by not letting you combo off of the Ex GP juggle (still let it OTG) and a slight damage buff to compensate.

I'm gonna get working on some patch notes tbh and maybe a bunch of people can chime in and we can get somethings sorted out before the PC version drops.
pls tweak kung lao so he can deal with crouching better, thats why i say old low hat. Tweak kitana's ex ass to be armored on startup in addition to the armor it already has. Make cutter hit mid :D.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
pls tweak kung lao so he can deal with crouching better, thats why i say old low hat. Tweak kitana's ex ass to be armored on startup in addition to the armor it already has. Make cutter hit mid :D.
so you want me to make two kabals? One is a woman and the other has a big hat. Gotcha. Lol

Axel_Redd

so you want me to make two kabals? One is a woman and the other has a big hat. Gotcha. Lol
waaaat, kung lao with low hat +12 and safe-ish on block isn't kabal at all. It just makes his pressure less gimmicky. and whats wrong with the Kitana buffs.

More options means deeper gameplay yo O:

make everyone S tier o3o

waaaat, kung lao with low hat +12 and safe-ish on block isn't kabal at all. It just makes his pressure less gimmicky. and whats wrong with the Kitana buffs.

More options means deeper gameplay yo O:
Yo, Axel.
Your troubles with certain aspects of your characters, does not warrant buffing them up so you can have an easier time winning online.