• I sneek'em in here and there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use it alot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dubson

Noob
Who use's it? Who abuse's it?

In my personal opinion, I dont think it is wise to slide very much on XBL, so much delay so much lag, and I think it is so easily Punishable. I think the ONLY time I really slide is when I have them in a corner combo and they cannot block it, that is it. I notice JJ not to slide at all really, and Shock when playing their Reptiles. But when I play abc ur dead0, he slides like every 5 seconds. He tells me he does not think its very Punishable on XBL, I have no idea how he could think that at all.

What are your opinions folks

I use it a ton more offline than online. I cant get it off fast enough or reliably with the controller, and with delay. And if you miss its punishable as hell. Actually less punishable with delay cause you gotta react quick. Either way, it sucks online and I try not to use it to often.

I can't stand the Reptilian bastard, so no, I don't slide with him whenever I get him in random. However, I will throw out the slide once in awhile with SubZero, but I don't do it very much as it can get me into a lot of trouble if the person knows how to counter it well.

dubson

Noob
I agree with offline on the arcade its alot safer, but still just doesnt fit my general strategy with him, again unless its like in a corner combo or something. You just almost always cant risk it or afford to take a bad punish like that with Reptile.

One bad slide vs alot of people and there goes 50% of your health

Also, the first option is supposed to be "Once or Twice a match or not at all"

Anymore than that then that choice is not for you.

dubson

Noob
Sub-Zeros is also like twice as fast too, and has twice the distance

/exaggeration

and I still barely slide with him, except for the corner :D

People who use subzero classic subzero reptile Usaully whore the hell out of it its retarded and really really annoying especcially when your expecting it. :?

Offline when playing friends I choose reptile alot and juggle + slide alot. But when playing online I hardly use him, and when I do I usually can't juggle or do anything sufficient. I only slide when I see openings, never slide into a block :wink:

Illegal Eagle said:
Sliding is for pussy's. Anyone who uses Sub-Zero
is a pussy too!!
:wink:
Sub-zero's whole tactics is cheap as hell. But there is people who actually make him seem cool but half the time hes a whore.

I slide ALOT When im reptile. Pretty simple as to why, I can make it work. If you JK me, I'll block, and then slide. You don't really have time to block it, plus it's very close and comes quick at that range. IF they manage to block it, it's not very punishable online, seeing as how you dont have much time to block.

I never slide from any range other than close, Reptile's slide is just way to slow and short. I just add it in my strategy with Reptile and hey, it works.

abc ur dead0 said:
I slide ALOT When im reptile. Pretty simple as to why, I can make it work. If you JK me, I'll block, and then slide. You don't really have time to block it, plus it's very close and comes quick at that range. IF they manage to block it, it's not very punishable online, seeing as how you dont have much time to block.

I never slide from any range other than close, Reptile's slide is just way to slow and short. I just add it in my strategy with Reptile and hey, it works.
This is 100% online play related.

That technique, which actually screws me online cause I cant counter properly or block as quickly, will get destroyed offline. Those slides more often than not are blockable offline, and again much easier to counter. Online though, that strategy works well do to the built in delay of the game... which sucks.

Someone needs to a do a online character tier list, cause its so much differnet.

Frankiebonez said:
abc ur dead0 said:

That technique, which actually screws me online cause I cant counter properly or block as quickly, will get destroyed offline. Those slides more often than not are blockable offline, and again much easier to counter. Online though, that strategy works well do to the built in delay of the game... which sucks.

Someone needs to a do a online character tier list, cause its so much differnet.
I can never counter a slide just delay.

Frankiebonez said:
abc ur dead0 said:

That's exactly what im talking about when I say The Slide is MUCH harder to punish online.

dubson

Noob
Agree to Disagree :D , its cool and all when they dont expect it, but I'd like to see how it works for you against someone who actually expects it, like Shock.

That might work for a match or 2 with the same person, but if they are good then it wont take em long to adapt and anticapte it, then you will be screwed....

Everyone has their own styles though and thats fine, it just doesnt fit my general strategy with Reptile.

Derek

Noob
Abusing the slide like that is lag abuse bullshit, ABC. It's like the kids who play 3S on XBL, those kids would get straight worked by anyone in the arcade because they don't have lag to make their game seem stronger. I'm not trying to talk down to you or say you're worse than I am because I'm not. I'm just saying if you were to try that vs. me or anyone else who plays any fighting game off of XBL you'd pay for it and you'd probably just a ton of shit for it too.

ZAQ

Noob
I rarely slide at all, if I do it usually hits. I have played some people that have the timing down and get unblockable slides all the time. That can be annoying as hell and definitely tests my patience. I generally only do a running slide or round ender.

l SuGaR l said:
Abusing the slide like that is lag abuse bullshit, ABC. It's like the kids who play 3S on XBL, those kids would get straight worked by anyone in the arcade because they don't have lag to make their game seem stronger. I'm not trying to talk down to you or say you're worse than I am because I'm not. I'm just saying if you were to try that vs. me or anyone else who plays any fighting game off of XBL you'd pay for it and you'd probably just a ton of shit for it too.
I don't Slide EVERY 5 SECONDS thats exaggerating quite a bit. I slide whenever I see an opening, sometimes a sweep works better, sometimes something else. It doesn't catch everyone, always. And yes, the lag does help when doing it because slides in general are harder to punish.

It works. That's all I'm saying. Offline and online, but better online.

ded

Elder God
free slide:

-missed rjab
-blocked hk,lk,sweep (vs most of the chars)
-crossover jk or jp
-punisher for blocked moves with short recovery time (jade's dash kick, reptile's dash)
-far blocked fireballs

its good as wakeup and escapes too

its a very useful move if you know how and when to use it