What's new

Reptile General Discussion

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Goddamn this is a quote I've seen dating back since 2015, and it's as true today as it was then.
Not sure what you mean, his EX invisibility was fucking awesome in MKX. You could cancel strings into it and continue the combo while invisible. This one? Is even worse than the regular partial invisibility from MK9, as that one actually had a fast startup.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Scorpion Kameo allows you to extend F32-Invisibility into another F32. This gives Syzoth just enough time to be completely invisible on knockdown. I'll be experimenting to see if there are better, or more optimal ways to do this using other kameos.
You are doing God's work here, brother. Thank you!! I'll post whatever I find here as well but I'm not as creative lol

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Scorpion Kameo allows you to extend F32-Invisibility into another F32. This gives Syzoth just enough time to be completely invisible on knockdown. I'll be experimenting to see if there are better, or more optimal ways to do this using other kameos.
Probably the most important thing we've all found so far.

I am at the point of using Reptile as a tertiary character already.

Also, have a 20% win rate against Smoke. So if any of you have advice I'd love to hear it.

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
Not sure what you mean, his EX invisibility was fucking awesome in MKX. You could cancel strings into it and continue the combo while invisible. This one? Is even worse than the regular partial invisibility from MK9, as that one actually had a fast startup.
Not before it was patched it did. It was shit, and we all ran around asking for them to make it good, and they did. And now we’re here, again.

Fortunately it’s the only dud with Reptile at the moment IMO, I’ll be happy to see some more improvements as balances come about but overall, I’m loving him in MK1.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Not before it was patched it did. It was shit, and we all ran around asking for them to make it good, and they did. And now we’re here, again.

Fortunately it’s the only dud with Reptile at the moment IMO, I’ll be happy to see some more improvements as balances come about but overall, I’m loving him in MK1.
Oh gotcha. Yeah, they actually made the ex version armored at some point, then reverted it back to "just" being fast and special cancellable lol. Overall I'm still on the fence with Reptile. He seems honest, not terrible, but maybe because I haven't labbed all the kameos with him yet.

Zviko

Noob
Does anyone know what’s the deal with F32 (pop belly) brutality. You have to hold back and it needs to be final hit. I’ve done it many times both as a juggle and grounded and got nothing. Bugged?

best setup for invisibility i found is in the corner. just end your combo in f32~du4 and you get invisibility plus a guaranteed b32 attempt. invisibility takes a while to be completey up of course. i found it isnt even necessary to land an invisible mixup, the skill often makes opponents panic and throw out something unsafe just to get you out of it, so you can bait that.

Last edited:
If you’re serious about competitive play I recommend you just move on a play a different character. Just about every other character feels stronger. When it’s all said and done, if he doesn’t get any changes, I guarantee he will be bottom 5.
Playing Johnny and even with the nerds, he feels sooooooo much stronger

Zviko

Noob
Given how random this game can be with throwing out kameos and armored wake ups etc, I feel like sacrificing over 10% damage for invisibility setup that will be very hard to utilize, isn't worth it. If it worked like Smoke's then yeah. I would really like to know why is this the case. Why father and master of invisibility in MK games isn't even the best at it. Make it work like Smoke's so it's instant and doesn't go away on block. I still don't know what is the purpose of enhanced version.

If you’re serious about competitive play I recommend you just move on a play a different character. Just about every other character feels stronger. When it’s all said and done, if he doesn’t get any changes, I guarantee he will be bottom 5.
Unfortunately you are right but no, fuck it. I'm gonna play him no matter what.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking unfortunately. Even if Darrius ends up adding some viable options, it's kind of a bad place that you have to do very specific interactions and spend kameo meter to just play the game on the same level that other characters are. I'm having fun with Reptile in single player and all that, but I'm thinking I'll probably move on until he gets a little love from a patch.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Does anyone know what’s the deal with F32 (pop belly) brutality. You have to hold back and it needs to be final hit. I’ve done it many times both as a juggle and grounded and got nothing. Bugged?
It is bugged. For what it's worth, Li Meis string brutality is bugged as well. Maybe it's across the board?

dont know yet. he has weaker offense than others but he is a very tactical character who controls the match a lot. hes also a good punisher, bf2 can punish a lot that other chars cant, f3 starter is good for ranged punishes. he has a meterless launching special. he also has a 12f gapless, safe mid starter string which is not a given in this game.

i feel right now his biggest problem can be runaway characters, but the right kameo can cover that, i switched to frost for that reason.

winning with reptile is a piece of work, but i'm not sure if hes gonna end up a bad character when the game evolves.

Dolphin-Dive

Observer
For anyone wanting to use Darrius, you can do something quite similar to the previous full-invisibility setup I posted for Scorpion Kameo. Please note that the whiffed F3 for F32 is intentional, hitting the initial button will cause it to drop. Works for just about any BNB in the corner and midscreen. On another note, full charge B2 isn't quite meaty, but it seems relatively close with the knockdown frames from F32, once you condition with B3 to advise the other player against mashing, you could start mixing between the two. Still theory-crafting, let me know if you guys find anything else!

More power to you all that stick with him but I’ve played nrs games religiously since mk9 and at this point, it’s pretty easy to spot out a low tier character. There’s a chance I could be wrong but I’m pretty confident I won’t.

More power to you all that stick with him but I’ve played nrs games religiously since mk9 and at this point, it’s pretty easy to spot out a low tier character. There’s a chance I could be wrong but I’m pretty confident I won’t.
so have i since mk1 and its a recurring pattern that people are calling out characters way too quickly after launch when tactics arent even developed.