What's new

Guide reflecting on mk9 - reliving the history

da truff

da truff will set you free...
now with injustice right around the corner. lets take a moment to reflect on the life span on mk9. who were the best players?

is there a site that has mk players bios with all accomplishments and placings? capcom and smash has sites with stats like this would be cool if mk has one. if not i think we should make one for injustice.

Vagrant

Noob
All of us at GGA will continue to play mk9. It is very much alive and will be at plenty of tournies. ....It's not hard to play 2 games....

Mk9 will die when MK10 comes out.

And the "who were the best players" question is asking for trouble.

da truff

*Implies MK is dead*

*Joined March 30th 2013*
i joined now because nrs is finally making a good balanced fighter thats not kabal vs kabal kombat. as a og lurker i dont see how mk is going to rival injustice a year from now

injustice >>>>>>> mk9 #HOLDDAT. i think its time we all move on and focus on a GOOD fighter after evo. mk9 will be looked at as a side "teehee"game for fun like mk2 and umk3 are now

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
now with injustice right around the corner. lets take a moment to reflect on the life span on mk9. who were the best players?

is there a site that has mk players bios with all accomplishments and placings? capcom and smash has sites with stats like this would be cool if mk has one. if not i think we should make one for injustice.
REO

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
i joined now because nrs is finally making a good balanced fighter thats not kabal vs kabal kombat. as a og lurker i dont see how mk is going to rival injustice a year from now

injustice >>>>>>> mk9 #HOLDDAT. i think its time we all move on and focus on a GOOD fighter after evo. mk9 will be looked at as a side "teehee"game for fun like mk2 and umk3 are now
Injustice is balanced?? Makes sense cus it's been out for years ....

da truff

if you guys like i can state the sources SMH. its been said already that the game has LOTS of broken chars "everyone has dirt"

if you guys like i can state the sources SMH. its been said already that the game has LOTS of broken chars "everyone has dirt"
That's exactly why you saw Smoke, Scarlet, Shang do so well in the last major MK tournament. Y'know, cuz they're so broken.

Also, sources in this community don't matter too miuch regardless whether or not they come from top players. A lot of awesome top players have quit for stupid reasons unfortunately, saying the game is broken when it clearly isn't a big deal.