What's new

Match Footage RedRaptor10 vs. GamerBlake90

ryublaze

Noob
Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

I keep forgetting to post these lol but just wanted to share these videos. Special thanks to @Sonya Blake for recording them. As you can tell the matches were a bit laggy but I think they get better towards the end. If you don't want to watch them all, then at least skip to Part 4. I lost the majority of them so feel free to say I suck. Blake is a much better player than me (I think he's one of the best players on PSN). :)

Now for things I feel like I could have done much better on...the Red Dashes into Red Slide were getting very predictable lol. I probably should have done more EX Down Slashes or neutral Red Dashes. Please ignore the random B1, F3'es I was just trying something new, which resulted in me getting blown up xD. I think I did fairly well with her corner game and instant air daggers, especially for online.

Overall I think I did alright and I feel like I've improved after watching these videos and learning from my mistakes. Thanks again Blake!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
RedRaptor10 - you're gettin' there man. Don't be shy about punishing a whiff with a 1,1,2 or 1,1,4 - it's not a full punish but I noticed you would punish whiffs with a D1 which puts you at +1 and does 1% damage. 1,1,2/4 is a step up - obviously ideally you want to punish whiffs with a F4 reset starter.

I only watched about 10 of them, but I noticed you liked to use the jump forward into down air dagger - against characters like Sonya and Cage, you don't want to do that all that often. Backwards jump into down dagger is a bit safer - always try to tag their toes. That said, if you train your opponent to expect a downward air dagger on forward jump, that can give you openings for JiP + jailed F2,1,2,1+2's for free meter, chip, and possible EX dagger chain.

You've made good progress - thumbs up! :)