What's new

Rambo Gameplay Trailer

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
That claymore mine move seemed cool. I'm curious whether the other trap moves are actually traps that he throws out, or if they're just part of an actual special move animation.

I don't know why, maybe it's the knife, but his movement reminds me of Kano.

probably they took the 2nd player position , when you start in the right side of the stage, to show his outro, and so, this stuff got reversed .... in the game, for the player 1, maybe will show it right ?
Are other assymetrical characters mirrored depending on player position in mk11? Doesn’t Kano’s eyepatch stay on the same eye for example? Maybe it’s just a trailer mistake. I’d be suprised no one on NRS didn’t notice it and makes it to final.

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
That claymore mine move seemed cool. I'm curious whether the other trap moves are actually traps that he throws out, or if they're just part of an actual special move animation.

I don't know why, maybe it's the knife, but his movement reminds me of Kano.
I got more Nightwolf vibes. Especially since Nightwolf has a knife too. All of those gut stab attacks reminded me of him. He even has the roll into gut stab lol

Zviko

Noob
Looks good but what was that wake up he did vs Terminator? Looks trash. I mean it "looks" cool but why would I do U3 to roll back?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Black Manta's normals, Green Arrow's projectile and Slide, the end of Batman's B23 string as a U3 attack, a crawling special that's probably got enough recovery frames to kill a small horse, and another trailer I can't get into because I don't know how much of what I just saw is going to be in tournament-legal builds.

Good for Rambo, though. I won't speak more intensely because @Evil Canadian will reach through the space-time continuum and rip out my windpipe, but I really hope everyone who was hype for him is excited for what they see. Going to at least run his Towers Of Time and collect his stuff if he's fun.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Looks good but what was that wake up he did vs Terminator? Looks trash. I mean it "looks" cool but why would I do U3 to roll back?
It looks like a decent option. Throw a hitbox on the screen and evade away. Done midscreen might be able to beat the neutral jump some people do to beat wakeup u3s

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate – Rambo gameplay reveal

Like thisShare this on Facebook (opens in a new window)Share this on Twitter (opens in a new window)
Uncover the icon’s alternative skins, and learn about NetherRealm’s experience working with Sylvester Stallone.

Dominic CiancioloStory & Voiceover Director, NetherRealm Studio

Fellow Fighters, at long last, Rambo joins fellow 1980s action movie icons RoboCop and the Terminator as part of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and Kombat Pack 2. We at NetherRealm Studios couldn’t be more excited about Rambo joining the fight.
Drawing inspiration from the first three films in the Rambo series – First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II, and Rambo III – our gameplay designers looked to distill the essence of his particular style of combat. That’s why our Rambo, as he does in the films, relies more on stealth than he does on gunplay. He uses the environment itself as a weapon, deploying a variety of traps which use elements like tripwires, swinging logs and hidden mines. Of course, Rambo is also famous for his skill with a knife and compound bow. Both are a core part of his moveset and are used in very distinct ways.

Play Video

As with all of our guest fighters, our visual artists worked diligently to recreate Rambo’s classic look and feel. They carefully studied the early films, going frame by frame to catalog the details of his wardrobe and weapons. As part of this work, our character team fully reproduced Rambo’s two iconic looks from First Blood – his drifter look from the top of the film and his guerilla warfare look from the film’s epic climax. The end result of their work is stunning. Rambo looks like he stepped right out of the original movies and into Mortal Kombat 11.

Knowing that Sylvester Stallone would return to voice the character made the stakes for getting the lines right very high. All of the hard work to perfect the script paid off when we finally got to record it. Stallone enthusiastically jumped into the performance, bringing the words to life in exactly the way we had hoped.

For me, getting to work with a legendary actor as he plays one his most iconic roles was a thrilling experience. As a Voiceover Director, it doesn’t get any better. My favorite memory of the session was the sound of Stallone chuckling.

As he performed the lines, he noticed the many references we had included, not only from the Rambo films, but also from the rest of his body of work. When you play, listen closely to the banter for references to The Expendables, Cliffhanger, Demolition Man and more. It was a real kick to see that he was so entertained. Hopefully, Rambo fans will have as much fun with the experience as did the man himself.

Rambo skins in order: First Blood, Flaming Dart, Airborne, Warfighter

Don’t forget, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and Kombat Pack 2 pre-orders on PlayStation 4 are available now via the PlayStation Store, as well as other retailers, giving players access to the Time Warriors Skin Pack at launch featuring a new character skin for Noob Saibot, Liu Kang and Skarlet.

And if you pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, you get instant access to Mortal Kombat 11, Kombat Pack 1 and the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Expansion when you purchase.
Also, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate is PS5 Upgrade Available, so current Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on PS4 can access a free upgrade to the PS5 version of their game at no extra cost, in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch on Nov. 17.
Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to our launch!

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Black Manta's normals, Green Arrow's projectile and Slide, the end of Batman's B23 string as a U3 attack, a crawling special that's probably got enough recovery frames to kill a small horse, and another trailer I can't get into because I don't know how much of what I just saw is going to be in tournament-legal builds.

Good for Rambo, though. I won't speak more intensely because @Evil Canadian will reach through the space-time continuum and rip out my windpipe, but I really hope everyone who was hype for him is excited for what they see. Going to at least run his Towers Of Time and collect his stuff if he's fun.
You signed your death warrant

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
For me, getting to work with a legendary actor as he plays one his most iconic roles was a thrilling experience. As a Voiceover Director, it doesn’t get any better. My favorite memory of the session was the sound of Stallone chuckling.
This is encouraging. If Stallone is having fun in the booth we can be pretty sure they nailed the character

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
It's not ideal for starting pressure but it looks like he may get extra plus frames to compensate. Term looks to be in hit stun for a good long while, almost until the point where Sly pulls out the machine guns.

References to Demolition Man, now that’s great news. Wonder who they’ll use for these. Jax I’d imagine. Robocop maybe.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
You know what, I'm going to be surprisingly positive about this - especially because I usually hate guest characters - but he looks fucking awesome! There better be an old man Rambo skin.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Are other assymetrical characters mirrored depending on player position in mk11? Doesn’t Kano’s eyepatch stay on the same eye for example? Maybe it’s just a trailer mistake. I’d be suprised no one on NRS didn’t notice it and makes it to final.
If you’re referring to the knife or what hand the weapons are in, that’s tied to the front and back hand, not left and right. So all characters are basically mirrored when flipped left or right. They aren’t going to create 2 different animations or different frame data for moves depending which side you’re on.

If you’re talking cosmetic stuff, I think it’s side dependent (like terminator’s exposed eye is tied to one side... I think).

If you’re referring to the knife or what hand the weapons are in, that’s tied to the front and back hand, not left and right. So all characters are basically mirrored when flipped left or right. They aren’t going to create 2 different animations or different frame data for moves depending which side you’re on.

If you’re talking cosmetic stuff, I think it’s side dependent (like terminator’s exposed eye is tied to one side... I think).
I’m referring to his outtro. Here’s my earlier post:

kingjolly said:
Am I the only one that noticed his mouth is tilted in the wrong direction in the outtro? I was wondering what looked off. Stallone has a nerve condition in his mouth that's very distinctive.